ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fictional Characters Whose Death You Still Haven't Gotten Over

This is a good one and kicked off one of the greatest TV story arcs I've ever seen with the Trinity Killer.
Actually, everyone thought this arc ended about 10 minutes earlier when Dexter finally got him. Then Dexter got home and found out Trinity had one final surprise up his sleeve.

This was a big HOLY 💩💩💩💩 moment at the time.

Actually, everyone thought this arc ended about 10 minutes earlier when Dexter finally got him. Then Dexter got home and found out Trinity had one final surprise up his sleeve.

This was a big HOLY 💩💩💩💩 moment at the time.
Yep, you're right. It was so good. John Lithgow was amazing.

Yep, you're right. It was so good. John Lithgow was amazing.
They should’ve just ended the series right then and there at Season 4. TV at its finest that was being compared to Breaking Bad at the time.

Season 5 was ok while 6 was MEH.
Season 7 was an abomination while 8 couldn’t recover.

Then they 🤬🤬🤬🤬ed up their series finale…
TWICE!!!

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Brooks, Shawshank Redemption
Ned Stark, Game of Thrones
Hans Gruber, Die Hard
When I read the Rob Stark / red wedding scene in the GOT book series I was disturbed for days. It was like a close friend had died. Had to read it 3 or 4 times before I could accept what was happening. This was years before the HBO show. It was fun watching all the non book readers freak out when it finally hit that part in the show.

When I read the Rob Stark / red wedding scene in the GOT book series I was disturbed for days. It was like a close friend had died. Had to read it 3 or 4 times before I could accept what was happening. This was years before the HBO show. It was fun watching all the non book readers freak out when it finally hit that part in the show.
Great, great call!

As awesome and brutal as that scene was in the book, I gotta be honest, the show was probably better. When Rob’s pregnant wife was shived…I think my heart sunk about 6 feet deep. And I KNEW the heartache that was coming, having also read it many years before. But not that. Not that. A brilliant, brilliant addition. My wife was so disturbed, she had a deep and intense physical and emotional reaction. When something on the screen or on the pages…moves you…in such a……visceral and innate way, you just gotta give props. You got me. You got me good. And that…transcendence…from just some goofy tv show or book, to a gut punch to your soul such that it burns a shadow in your mind that will never really go away.…well…it makes all the difference. All the difference in the world.

Reactions: newell138
Some really good ones in this thread. Here are three I don't think anyone mentioned.
1. Ellie in Up.
2. Jack in This Is Us.
3. Andrea (Brock's mom) in Breaking Bad.

Some really good ones in this thread. Here are three I don't think anyone mentioned.
1. Ellie in Up.
2. Jack in This Is Us.
I just finished Breaking Bad this morning - 2nd time watching it- and yeah- Brock's Mom was F-ed up

1. Ellie in Up.
2. Jack in This Is Us.
I had Ellie in the original post, but I didn't mention her by name.

When Jack Lemmon's character (Ensign Frank Pulver) announces the death of Henry Fonda's character (Lt. Doug Roberts) near the end of "Mister Roberts."

I know, it's an old movie from 1955 but has much meaning for me.

How can we miss TWD - Glenn & Carl
I was just thinking of these 2. However, the Glenn and Abraham death scenes were pretty much the jumping the shark moment that killed all it's momentum and led to a downward spiral. It was still wild to see though.

I was just thinking of these 2. However, the Glenn and Abraham death scenes were pretty much the jumping the shark moment that killed all it's momentum and led to a downward spiral. It was still wild to see though.
The jumping the shark was more when Rick Grimes just all but vanished...And all the new spinoffs- can't watch them.

Walt Kowalski

mad gran torino GIF

Reactions: MadRU
Coach on Cheers
Beat me to it. Coach was a great character who was around for the first few seasons before he passed away in real life. The last episode of Cheers and in the very last moments, Sam levels a picture that used to hang in Colosanto's dressing room as a tribute to him. I'll never forget Albania borders the Adriatic, that's for sure. Thanks Coach.

Beat me to it. Coach was a great character who was around for the first few seasons before he passed away in real life. The last episode of Cheers and in the very last moments, Sam levels a picture that used to hang in Colosanto's dressing room as a tribute to him. I'll never forget Albania borders the Adriatic, that's for sure. Thanks Coach.

We could have a great thread on “great moments in Cheers.”

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT