ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Finebaum at it again.

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
Today’s Finebaum Show … may be some paraphrasing here — “What does Rutgers add to the Big Ten? There are more Alabama fans in the New York area than Rutgers fans.” Then he slighted the Rutgers signage at airports.
The Big Ten Network needs a show with a personality. Does the Big Ten Network have a slot for Ray Lucas?

Today’s Finebaum Show … may be some paraphrasing here — “What does Rutgers add to the Big Ten? There are more Alabama fans in the New York area than Rutgers fans.” Then he slighted the Rutgers signage at airports.
The Big Ten Network needs a show with a personality. Does the Big Ten Network have a slot for Ray Lucas?

Imagine choosing to watch the Finebaum Show? Good lord.

Better to be controversial. It generates clicks. What’s the downside for him saying that ? So stupid. In what major big 10 city does the local teams fans outweigh bama football fans. ? Philly? DC? You want to tell me that Michigan fans outweigh bama fans in Chicago? Ok I’ll buy that. Do they outweigh nd fans? What a stupid argument. What’s happening in basketball must be driving these guys crazy

Better him doing the yappin’ instead of Feinstein doing the ‘ritin as that guy hates us and Greg.

Conan GIF by Team Coco

Anyone who is consistently watching Finebaum’s show needs to expand their horizons. Do you really need to be lumped with callers from Birmingham and other areas of higher learning?

I haven't seen his show or broadcast. Ever.

Taking shots at the team in the biggest media market in the world should be expected. We should ignore and move on

I gotta admit that I was way ahead of you in the whole ignoring Finebaum thing.

Finebaum is a SEC tool that , like the SEC Commish, is scared the B1G will be the most popular Conference with it being coast to coast now and feels the need to pput the B1G down in order to boost the SEC in the eyes of the College Football fans..
Acting like having Rutgers a member makes the B1G less than the SEC is trying to make college football fans feel the SEC is the conference worth 5the most attention, ebven though when RU gets its $#!t together the NYC media will look at Bama and the SWC as an afterthought.
That scares Finebaum and he's trying to get the digs in now while he can because tomorrow might be a different story.
edit: oops it's the SEC not the once great SWC .

Last edited:
Anyone who is consistently watching Finebaum’s show needs to expand their horizons. Do you really need to be lumped with callers from Birmingham and other areas of higher learning?
Callers from Birmingham are the more learned, educated callers with more refined arguments. Then there are the yokels from Mulga, AL and other "surrounding areas".

Stupid comment about more Alabama fans in NY area than Rutgers fans, now if he said Penn State fans he might have an argument, but he is just a shill for the SEC.

Paul,Paul,Paul,
Last time I watched that guy was when the BIG announced that was USC and UCLA were joining. I thought he was gonna cry!

Finebaum is a SEC tool that , like the SEC Commish, is scared the B1G will be the most popular Conference with it being coast to coast now and feels the need to pput the B1G down in order to boost the SEC in the eyes of the College Football fans..
Acting like having Rutgers a member makes the B1G less than the SEC is trying to make college football fans feel the SEC is the conference worth 5the most attention, ebven though when RU gets its $#!t together the NYC media will look at Bama and the SWC as an afterthought.
That scares Finebaum and he's trying to get the digs in now while he can because tomorrow might be a different story.
The SEC is ok with raiding the BIG 12 for their 2 flagship programs. They justify it because they consider the SEC to be one regional conference.
Bottom line if the SEC doesn't expand, would the BIG?
The BIG with the addition of the 2 Cali schools is a national conference.
The SEC can’t make any move that will trump what the BIG can do.
So they attack the BIGs weakest link. Rutgers A school that has all the ingredients to be a major player but never had the resources to make it happen.
That is rapidly changing, so take your shots now Paul baby.
There is a tremendous amount of program building you can do with a (base)annual athletic budget of $75,000,000.
Any knock on Rutgers will be short lived.
Three NCAA appearances in a row would send a nice message to boneheads like Finebaum.

The SEC is ok with raiding the BIG 12 for their 2 flagship programs. They justify it because they consider the SEC to be one regional conference.
Bottom line if the SEC doesn't expand, would the BIG?
The BIG with the addition of the 2 Cali schools is a national conference.
The SEC can’t make any move that will trump what the BIG can do.
So they attack the BIGs weakest link. Rutgers A school that has all the ingredients to be a major player but never had the resources to make it happen.
That is rapidly changing, so take your shots now Paul baby.
There is a tremendous amount of program building you can do with a (base)annual athletic budget of $75,000,000.
Any knock on Rutgers will be short lived.
Three NCAA appearances in a row would send a nice message to boneheads like Finebaum.
How is the B1G a national conference, college football is predominantly a Southern sport and the B1G doesn't have any programs located in the South or Southwest? Yes, the B1G spans the east to west distance of the US, but aside from USC and UCLA, the other schools are located in Northern states (I don't consider Maryland the South). I believe the powers that run the B1G realize this glaring absence and will concentrate on adding some programs from the ACC once their GOR ends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT