ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Florida Bar Owner bans masks

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are deader than a doornail.

I heard RBGs real last wish was to get you to stop acting like a chooch 😀

Just think of how many Dem pols would be pushing daisys if PT had listened to Senile Joe Hiden

I heard it was you go on the wagon or perhaps stop believing whatever drivel comes out of those far right sites you like.

I heard it was you go on the wagon or perhaps stop believing whatever drivel comes out of those far right sites you like.
I guess it would be the opposite kind of drivel then what comes out of the communist sites you like.

LOL. Just following the rules Comrade7. That was a nasty political post mocking a black man who died of Covid. You being ok with it speaks volumes. Sad.

Remind me again. Who was it that insisted on holding a rally at a Virus hot spot in the middle of a Pandemic? Should it be shocking if anyone who attended got sick and died?

Remind me again. Who was it that insisted on holding a rally at a Virus hot spot in the middle of a Pandemic? Should it be shocking if anyone who attended got sick and died?
You're still buying into this virus thing ?

You mean Rivals or TOS?

Glad to see you're back on the Commie kick. It's a never ending source of amusement.
I call it not as I see it but as it is. ALOT of people have been waking up to your kind and using that word to describe exactly what you are. A communist !

NY ignored their own infection models and pandemic playbook. Seattle and SanFran followed theirs. It's all in today's "Daily Covid" Thread. Educate yourself, you CNN guys and your Groundhog Day play is getting very tedious.

Two Coasts. One Virus. How New York Suffered Nearly 10 Times the Number of Deaths as California.
By March 14, London Breed, the mayor of San Francisco, had seen enough. For weeks, she and her health officials had looked at data showing the evolving threat of COVID-19. In response, she’d issued a series of orders limiting the size of public gatherings, each one feeling more arbitrary than the last. She’d been persuaded that her city’s considerable and highly regarded health care system might be insufficient for the looming onslaught of infection and death.

“We need to shut this shit down,” Breed remembered thinking.

Three days later in New York, Mayor Bill de Blasio was thinking much the same thing. He’d been publicly savaged for days for not closing the city’s school system, and even his own Health Department was in revolt at his inaction. And so, having at last been convinced every hour of delay was a potentially deadly misstep, de Blasio said it was time to consider a shelter-in-place order. Under it, he said, it might be that only emergency workers such as police officers and health care providers would be allowed free movement.

“I think it’s gotten to a place,” de Blasio said at a news conference, “where the decision has to be made very soon.”

In an interview, California Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly said it was critical to allow Northern California counties to rely on their own experts, act with a degree of autonomy and thus perhaps pave the way for the state to expand on what they had done. And three days after San Francisco and its neighboring counties were closed, Newsom, on March 19, imposed the same restrictions on the rest of California.

Breed, it turns out, had sent de Blasio a copy of her detailed shelter-in-place order. She thought New York might benefit from it.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, however, reacted to de Blasio’s idea for closing down New York City with derision. It was dangerous, he said, and served only to scare people. Language mattered, Cuomo said, and “shelter-in-place” sounded like it was a response to a nuclear apocalypse.

Moreover, Cuomo said, he alone had the power to order such a measure.

For years, Cuomo and de Blasio, each of whom has harbored national political ambitions, had engaged in a kind of intrastate cold war, a rivalry that to many often felt childish and counterproductive. When de Blasio finally decided to close the city’s schools, it was Cuomo who rushed to make the public announcement, claiming it as his decision.

“No city in the state can quarantine itself without state approval,” Cuomo said of de Blasio’s call for a shelter-in-place order. “I have no plan whatsoever to quarantine any city.”

But the timing of New York’s shutdown undeniably played a role in the dire human toll the virus has exacted. In April, two prominent experts said in a New York Times opinion article that their research showed that had New York imposed its extreme social distancing measures a week or two earlier, the death toll might have been cut by half or more.

It’s an assessment shared by Dr. Tom Frieden, the former head of New York City’s Health Department. “Days earlier & so many deaths could have been prevented,” Frieden tweeted in April.

But a range of health officials and scientists interviewed by ProPublica say creating such timelines misses the central issue: No later than Feb. 28, federal officials warned the country that a deadly pandemic was inevitable. It is from that point forward, they say, that any individual state’s actions should be judged.
There was certainly one model that proved prescient, and it had been made public by late February.

Marc Lipsitch, a Harvard professor of epidemiology and the director of the Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics, created one of the first modeling tools used in the U.S. for the COVID-19 pandemic. The model was available to both city and state officials in New York in February, a full week before the first confirmed New York case. The state said the Lipsitch model was not one they looked at for guidance. The city did make use of it, and concluded that just a couple of dozen sick people in New York could ultimately produce more than 100,000 cases by the middle of April, which is quite close to what happened.

Seattle’s Leaders Let Scientists Take the Lead. New York’s Did Not

More damning facts from that NewYorker article:

By early March, the city’s Department of Health had sent the Mayor numerous proposals on fighting the virus’s spread. Since there weren’t enough diagnostic kits to conduct extensive testing, public-health officials proposed “sentinel surveillance”: asking local hospitals to provide the Department of Health with swabs collected from people who had flulike symptoms and had tested negative for influenza. By testing a selection of those swabs, the department could estimate how rapidly and widely the coronavirus was moving through the city. In previous outbreaks, such studies had been tremendously useful in guiding governmental responses—and this spring Los Angeles effectively deployed the strategy, as did Santa Clara County, in California, and the state of Hawaii.
Fake news. California has 15,000 deaths. New York 32,000. 32,000 is not 10x 15,000. That's not ten times. Trump only let them test people from CHYNA. I sent you the article earlier, you refused to read it

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Fake news. California has 15,000 deaths. New York 32,000. 32,000 is not 10x 15,000. That's not ten times. Trump only let them test people from CHYNA. I sent you the article earlier, you refused to read it
Wrong again "Greg".
"As of May 15, there were nearly 350,000 COVID-19 cases in New York and more than 27,500 deaths, nearly a third of the nation’s total. The corresponding numbers in California: just under 75,000 cases and slightly more than 3,000 deaths. In New York City, the country’s most populous and densest, there had been just under 20,000 deaths; in San Francisco, the country’s second densest and 13th most populous, there had been 35. "

Yeh you suck at math too. And there was nothing in that WaPo (lol) article about Trump "only letting "them" test people from Chyna". So I did suffer through that fake news article. That would make you 0 'fer 3 in one short post. Maybe a record for you formerly little fkru.

Reactions: goru1869
Remind me again where anyone confirmed the late great Herman Cain contracted covid at a Trump rally? I know your besties Rich Maddow and DonLeman reported it that way, so it's gospel to dupes like you. Sad.

Yup. He admitted it once. BigRedRub=BigRedChub.
LOL. I only admitted that carrying 10-15 "extra" lbs on a 6'+ frame doesn't look as bad as 10-15 lbs extra on your 5'6" half-pint body size. You must have tripped on your shoe lifts and hit your head pretty hard yesterday--you sound delirious. Hope you're feeling a little better today shorty.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wrong again "Greg".
"As of May 15, there were nearly 350,000 COVID-19 cases in New York and more than 27,500 deaths, nearly a third of the nation’s total. The corresponding numbers in California: just under 75,000 cases and slightly more than 3,000 deaths. In New York City, the country’s most populous and densest, there had been just under 20,000 deaths; in San Francisco, the country’s second densest and 13th most populous, there had been 35. "

Yeh you suck at math too. And there was nothing in that WaPo (lol) article about Trump "only letting "them" test people from Chyna". So I did suffer through that fake news article. That would make you 0 'fer 3 in one short post. Maybe a record for you formerly little fkru.
Oh it's May 15 right now? Pretty sure it's September 22 you moron. So sad throbber that you have to send articles from four months ago to try and make your point, because it's currently bigly false.

Wrong again "Greg".

Yes there is throbber gonna throb though. You even said you didn't read it in another post. You can't tell the truth

Oh it's May 15 right now? Pretty sure it's September 22 you moron. So sad throbber that you have to send articles from four months ago to try and make your point, because it's currently bigly false.
Geez you're slow. That article is very timely since it details the blunders in NY/NYC at the outset. Both articles actually are from left of center sources. So it's your team calling out your NY heroes. Wrong again formerly little fkru. You're on a roll of stupidity.

Geez you're slow. That article is very timely since it details the blunders in NY/NYC at the outset. Both articles actually are from left of center sources. So it's your team calling out your NY heroes. Wrong again formerly little fkru. You're on a roll of stupidity.
Great so you admit your claim that New York has 10x as many deaths as Cali is way outdated. Well guess what after 20 days of Covid Washington state had 40X the deaths of New York, it was 40 deaths to 1. If we are gonna just pick arbitrary dates then your narrative falls apart. So sad. so much throbbing.

Yes there is throbber gonna throb though. You even said you didn't read it in another post. You can't tell the truth
Nope. I never said I wouldn't read it. I did suffer through that WaPo nonsense. There is no proof of your B.S. If there were you would've posted it by now. You're caught lying 2x in one post formerly little fkru. Sad.

Great so you admit your claim that New York has 10x as many deaths as Cali is way outdated. Well guess what after 20 days of Covid Washington state had 40X the deaths of New York, it was 40 deaths to 1. If we are gonna just pick arbitrary dates then your narrative falls apart. So sad. so much throbbing.
The articles are about the failures of and blunders Cuomo and DiBlasio made. We know New Yorkers went on to infect thousands across the country. See 9/21 Covid thread for the most recent details of that fact. #KeepLosingLilFkru

No it hasn't. There's been a lot of excuse making and rationalization. Fact is the virus continues to kill people, not the underlying conditions that they were living their lives with prior.
Weak attempt to try and deflect from the "Bullwark" nonsense parroting the Left's spin in its "article". Try to stay on point or go take a nap.

I was implying that proud can’t read.

People need to explain things to you often, huh?
LOL "implying" 👌. Except you replied to a post that "Greg" made directly to me. Maybe you're a little rusty on the Board's basics since slithering out from under your rock just recently. We'll give you a mulligan Diddly. ✌

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT