ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Former Rutgers target Gus Yalden in trouble

Degaz-RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
Former Rutgers target, Gus Yalden, who ended up signing with Wisconsin, is back with the team and practiced on Wednesday, after taking a leave of absence from the Badgers in the wake of receiving two citations from university police.

Since arriving on campus, Yalden received two citations from police — one on Sept. 2 for underage drinking at Wisconsin football’s season opener and again on October 29 for possession of marijuana in his residence hall. Days after the second citation, he took a leave of absence from the program, but returned to practice earlier this week.

Yalden, a 6-8, 240 F/C, was the #114 ranked recruit in the 2023 class. He had visited Rutgers and at one point had us as one of his favorites.

Last edited:
Name 2 things most college kids did their first week of school
Yalden made the dumb decision to have a beer at a football game with campus police all around.

He probably was told to pour it out and probably talked back which would lead to a citation.

I'd bet a weeks pay that Yalden turned the under age drinking into a bigger deal than it had to be.

It happens all the time with people who are drinking. Some turn almost nothing into a citation. Others turn a simple ticket into being handcuffed and taken to jail.

The “there’s nothing else to do in X city” mantra is so dumb. I’ve heard great things about both Madison and Milwaukee. There’s plenty to complain about NJ/NY too.

Reactions: bIhawk
The “there’s nothing else to do in X city” mantra is so dumb. I’ve heard great things about both Madison and Milwaukee. There’s plenty to complain about NJ/NY too.

I cannot confirm, nor have I ever witnessed it, but it’s possible that college students in NJ drink and consume marijuana.

Reactions: DC8690 and Rokodesh
Yalden made the dumb decision to have a beer at a football game with campus police all around.

He probably was told to pour it out and probably talked back which would lead to a citation.

I'd bet a weeks pay that Yalden turned the under age drinking into a bigger deal than it had to be.

It happens all the time with people who are drinking. Some turn almost nothing into a citation. Others turn a simple ticket into being handcuffed and taken to jail.
You haven’t been to a rutgers football game and dealt with our county sherriff officers

Any program that has their campus police give citations to top bball recruits for drinking at football games is not a serious program
When did the Middlesex County Sheriffs start patrolling Wisconsin football games?

You haven’t been to a rutgers football game and dealt with our county sherriff officers
Nope, why on earth would I do that?

According to something I read from a recent Wisconsin alumnus, the campus police there try not to write under aged drinking tickets.

Reactions: Plum Street
Beer was a staple of my last 2 years of college. (I touched the can or bottle & then drank it)
Weed made its way East by my 2nd semester SR year. Smelled even worse than cigarettes, which I never smoked, so I never Touched that stuff. 😂

I thought I would get kicked outta Rutgers for having been caught with the scent of some sticky icky in the dorms my first semester, then I went to visit my friend on College Avenue, and the whole floor reeks of it.

I thought I would get kicked outta Rutgers for having been caught with the scent of some sticky icky in the dorms my first semester, then I went to visit my friend on College Avenue, and the whole floor reeks of it.

Believe it or not, res life policy was not to bring the police in if small amounts of weed were found. Just to flush it.

Believe it or not, res life policy was not to bring the police in if small amounts of weed were found. Just to flush it.
We didn't have any on us, just the scent. My friends dorm was also next-door to the resident Director for the building but luckily she was away for the weekend.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw my buddy talking to three RA, and just went to my room and went to bed, thinking they we were screwed. Never did anything like that again.

We didn't have any on us, just the scent. My friends dorm was also next-door to the resident Director for the building but luckily she was away for the weekend.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw my buddy talking to three RA, and just went to my room and went to bed, thinking they we were screwed. Never did anything like that again.

Got it. Some of the RAs really thought they were cops. My policy was we’d never have a problem unless you made it look like I wasn’t doing my job.

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT