ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great move by Shop Rite

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Since many will not be able to get together with their family for Easter or Passover this year, Shop Rite is offering customers a chance to give their Free Ham, turkey, chicken, lasagna, or tofurky to local food banks. I don’t know if every Shop Rite is participating since they are owned by different groups, but the one in Manchester is.

Last edited:
Englewood and Paramus always do. Is it with $300. of purchases to qualify?

Been doing this for a while, but good to know they can donate directly to my food bank without me as the in-between.

Yes, $400 is the number. This must be the first year for the Manchester store. I lived down here over 15 years and the cashiers have never offered it before. Different Shop Rites are owned by different groups. Hopefully others join in this year.

Starting today our town (W Milford) is asking people to voluntarily food shop at our SR alphabetically by last name to keep down the number of people in the store at once. We only have one grocery store since A&P left and it's 8-10 miles to another store. Have to see how it works. Probably won't help the paper products supply.
First 2 gas shortages, than a few money shortages and now food.

My company does a cool thing. All our locations are divided into teams and then we have a competition to see which team can collect the most food by weight. Each team then donates their food to their local food bank. It's actually a lot of fun.

Reactions: RUsince52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT