ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Happy Columbus Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes… I remember in 1971 coming home into the old Newark Airport , after my AIT training in San Antonio Texas .We had several scumbag college boys making comments about us “baby killers” . These same pussies around my age maybe older didn’t know whether to shit or go blind when myself and two other soldiers confronted them.These same pussies never served a day . Probably never paid off their college loans similar to some of my former high school classmates. Maybe even graduated from Rutgers? I was witness to the Rutgers War protests in ‘69. So I’m well aware of hate for military people.
That’s all well and good - and may be true, but still doesn’t support your original point.

It’s my opinion … I told you that. You can have an opinion and I do as well . I was answering the post of Numbers about during Vietnam. There is as we will possibly see a large faction who are anti military. If we get into another active war( which very well could happen) I’m not sure you will see this love of military persons. Remember just an opinion . “ The thanks for your service “ line is wonderful but how many say it out of love of country or because of the situation. Former military people or those who had someone serve prior more than likely mean it. Most others could probably care less. Perhaps not you or yours but after what I recently saw on the NYC street the other Day… ain’t buying this we love our Vets and military .

Last edited:
Reactions: rufamily
Other potential holidays to celebrate

1) Eagles finishing second last year, maybe a city holiday and parade
2) 2nd place in elections holiday
3) 3rd place kentucky derby
4) once the third country lands people on the moon, they can celebrate as well!

Sometimes people can fool you. I never figured the OP to be someone who would celebrate the first of the Spanish invaders to Central and South America, the spread of Spanish language and culture, and the lingering impacts of oppressive Spanish rule still very much being felt to this day.
You have trouble figuring stuff out in general.
When was your last physical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT