ADVERTISEMENT

OT: St. Pats Day

gnUauO4.jpg

Haven't had a beer in almost two years. Takes the fun out of the holiday. Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.
You're really not missing anything. I've tried some St. Paddy's day parades and bars sober. Watching your friends and those around you metamorphosize into complete morons becomes annoying.

Last edited:
Today, for the 38th year in a row, I greet St. Patrick's Day with a mixture of pride & joy in my Irish roots given to me by my mother, Peggy, born in County Leitrim, and, as always I pause in sadness in remembering my father, Bill, who died on this day. 🍀 Slainté

Totally agree. Same with New Year's Eve, it's drink until you are drunk.
Had hernia mesh surgery Friday so just met with friends around noon. Had 1 beer with them all and returned home where I promptly took a 3 hour nap. Maybe the best St. Patrick's Day I've had in a long time.
I hope you're watching the Players. Heck of a final round with Scheffler, Schaeffele, Harman, and Clark going back and forth.

We started a new tradition by having a baked potato buffet. Basically, we cooked a bunch of baked potatoes and people could put their own toppings on them. They could add corned beef, hot roast beef, bacon, and a bunch of Irish cheeses. Everything was delicious! To me, holidays are all about the food.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT