ADVERTISEMENT

OT- How much money have you spent on alcohol in your life?

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
I'm thinking for me at least, I could have saved a bundle ! LOL. Friday night after work, just opened a Dogfishhead 60. Probably the same routine since I was 18 (I'm now 63). Not to mention 45 years of tailgating, partying every weekend til recently (although I still 'drinks a bit') Friday - Sunday.

I probably could have retired 10 years ago and owned an island w a villa. Who knows. But I'm going to try to figure it out.

Cheers. Have a nice weekend.

edit- I'm rough guessing about $250,000, not quite enough for a villa on my own island. Condo in South Florida, or house in Costa Rica perhaps.

$250 k is the flat amount...you're not taking into account interest + compounding. you could easily be sitting on a million with the right investing strategy.

In 2016 money?I can't remember how much I spent in Newark bars after the professor didn't show for the second class at Newark-Rutgers nights back in 69-70.

The local liquor store gives points per dollar spent and they put the points at the bottom of your receipt. I cringe every time I see it.

I'm thinking for me at least, I could have saved a bundle ! LOL. Friday night after work, just opened a Dogfishhead 60. Probably the same routine since I was 18 (I'm now 63). Not to mention 45 years of tailgating, partying every weekend til recently (although I still 'drinks a bit') Friday - Sunday.

I probably could have retired 10 years ago and owned an island w a villa. Who knows. But I'm going to try to figure it out.

Cheers. Have a nice weekend.

edit- I'm rough guessing about $250,000, not quite enough for a villa on my own island. Condo in South Florida, or house in Costa Rica perhaps.
Probably spent close to OP number when I was living in NYC for seven years. Majority of my disposable income. Nothing else came close. Heck, every other expense together wasn't close and I was making good money.

On average I am historically way below most. Same with weed although I am tying to catch up.At 62.. Back in the Reaganeighties I made a lot of $ and spent a bit too much on straws and mirrors.

Reactions: Kbee3 and oldman87
IF-I-SAVED-ALL-THE-MONEY-I-SPENT-ON-BEER-I-D-SPEN

Tack on another $250 for our weeknight disney with kids. Magic Bands are great until you get your $2K bill on checkout day which would be today

After 48 years of marriage my wife finally bought a case of beer and one of wine too. I guess she realized our habit has drained my 401k.

I don't drink that much in terms of actual volume, but I stupidly developed a taste for expensive (at least to me) wines.

No idea how much, but let's say at least 10k.

On average I am historically way below most. Same with weed although I am tying to catch up.At 62.. Back in the Reaganeighties I made a lot of $ and spent a bit too much on straws and mirrors.

Meth or Coke ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT