ADVERTISEMENT

OT: HS wrestling rule on hair length

The coaches were well aware of the rules and special hair net covering required. They did not adhere. Racial charge is nonsense. Maloney was following the rules. He may have been a dbag otherwise but racial issues was not part of it. If the coaches had done their job none of this happens

The coaches were well aware of the rules and special hair net covering required. They did not adhere. Racial charge is nonsense. Maloney was following the rules. He may have been a dbag otherwise but racial issues was not part of it. If the coaches had done their job none of this happens
This! I put a significant portion of this situation on the coach.

A few years ago my son's coach warned all of his wrestlers just about every day at practice for 2 weeks, prior to wrestle offs. Either cut your hair, or come to the wrestle off with the proper headwear. One kid showed up without either. When his dad found out that he had been properly warned, he marched the kid right out of the gym, straight home, and the kid come back practically with a crew cut.

I was actually only asking you a question. Is it the folks on this Rutgers site that you're referring to? https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/mark-zahid.238733/#post-4153844
This might be the saddest thing I've ever seen. You continue to peruse the boards you have been tossed from to see if anyone is being mean to you? That might fall on the pathetic side of sad.

Here you go, you get the last word. I'm not going to litter these people's board with your sad life any longer.

Remember that wrestler forced to cut off his dreadlocks? Booker bill would prevent a repeat incident.

Legislation to ban discrimination against hairstyles that are associated with race or national origin was introduced Thursday by U.S. Sen. Cory Booker.

Booker’s bill, and one introduced in Trenton by Assemblywoman Angela McKnight, D-Hudson, respond to an incident last December in which wrestling referee Alan Maloney told Buena High School student Andrew Johnson to either cut his dreadlocks or forfeit his match. Johnson cut his hair. Maloney was suspended for two years.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/12...ker-bill-would-prevent-a-repeat-incident.html

Hey, I resent that, I'm a Pollock. #Pollocksmatter.
Would've thought Hungarian.

My "Italian board" comment was about the number of Italian names on the roster, however, not about the people on this board. Heck, off the top of my head...Collucci, Correnti, Pagano, Suriano, Gravina, Lipari. And, I know there are more. Heck, that's almost as many Italians as the Italian national team. :)

Would've thought Hungarian.

My "Italian board" comment was about the number of Italian names on the roster, however, not about the people on this board. Heck, off the top of my head...Collucci, Correnti, Pagano, Suriano, Gravina, Lipari. And, I know there are more. Heck, that's almost as many Italians as the Italian national team. :)

You are so full of shit. You got caught with your bigoted comment, and now you are trying to be all indignant and spin your way out of it. Its plainly obvious. There are many, many instances of you showing your true colors on BWI, and then coming over here and acting all diplomatic.

Maybe I will start referring to BWI as the pedo board. Nothing against the folks that post there or anything, but, well you know. If the shoe fits...

Reactions: Ban Basketball
You are so full of shit. You got caught with your bigoted comment, and now you are trying to be all indignant and spin your way out of it. Its plainly obvious. There are many, many instances of you showing your true colors on BWI, and then coming over here and acting all diplomatic.

Maybe I will start referring to BWI as the pedo board. Nothing against the folks that post there or anything, but, well you know. If the shoe fits...
Bigoted? You mean I have something against Italians? Oh, this oughta be good. Tell me how. While you're at it, how was message 92 "indignant"?

Hear! Hear!

Well put, and, yes, I think anyone could see through his intent.

Bigoted? You mean I have something against Italians? Oh, this oughta be good. Tell me how. While you're at it, how was message 92 "indignant"?

Oh, look. More indignant spin. Don't worry, its expected....PSU fans these days are expert level at this.

Referring to a group of different people you don't know by assumed ethnicity is bigoted. The basis for your comment is a trope that we are all from New Jersey, therefore we are all Italian. But of course, you know that.

Remember that wrestler forced to cut off his dreadlocks? Booker bill would prevent a repeat incident.

Legislation to ban discrimination against hairstyles that are associated with race or national origin was introduced Thursday by U.S. Sen. Cory Booker.

Booker’s bill, and one introduced in Trenton by Assemblywoman Angela McKnight, D-Hudson, respond to an incident last December in which wrestling referee Alan Maloney told Buena High School student Andrew Johnson to either cut his dreadlocks or forfeit his match. Johnson cut his hair. Maloney was suspended for two years.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/12...ker-bill-would-prevent-a-repeat-incident.html

As to this...stupid bill from the empty suit - grandstanding and nothing more. This doesn't change anything, because the regulation on hair length was not discriminatory. This bill doesn't give dreadlocks an exemption to participate. So now, when a wrestler does not have a proper head covering, instead of being told to cut it or forfeit, the wrestler will simply have to forfeit.

Reactions: Tango Two
As to this...stupid bill from the empty suit - grandstanding and nothing more. This doesn't change anything, because the regulation on hair length was not discriminatory. This bill doesn't give dreadlocks an exemption to participate. So now, when a wrestler does not have a proper head covering, instead of being told to cut it or forfeit, the wrestler will simply have to forfeit.
I'm not an attorney, and nor do I try to play one on the internet or in the classroom, but I'm not sure that the bill wouldn't protect against that. It seems that's precisely what the bill would disallow.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT