ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ITT we ask @beaced venerable old man questions

Sep 11, 2006
FYI.. for any that do not know.. our own @beaced is 95 years old (on November 6.. yes, when Rutgers first played Princeton it was his BDay).. so you can ask him stuff like:

Hey @beaced, last night I saw a Twilight Zone where a character mentioned seeing someone wearing knickers (stressed toymaker saw his own childhood on Randolph Street).. so.. have you actually worn knickers as a child? What about jodpurs? What about a tophat?

Last edited:
Reactions: beaced
I also wanted to know what they used for changing rooms for men and women to try on fig leaves.

Our very own Father Time, @beaced.

rudy08.jpg

Reactions: beaced and RutHut
FYI.. for any that do not know.. our own @beaced is 95 years old.. so you can ask him stuff like:

Hey @beaced, last night I saw a Twilight Zone where a character mentioned seeing someone wearing knickers (stressed toymaker saw his own childhood on Randolph Street).. so.. have you actually worn knickers as a child? What about jodpurs? What about a tophat?
Beaced,

First congratulations. We all honor you. 95 is a great run.

Second: aside from family events what are the top 5 most memorable events of your lifetime?

Reactions: Jm0513
Congratulations Beaced. My mother-in-law had her 95th birthday last week. Like you, she is still sharp and it’s wonderful to hear her tell stories of her youth.

Congratulations Beaced. My mother-in-law had her 95th birthday last week. Like you, she is still sharp and it’s wonderful to hear her tell stories of her youth.
well ask her.. well.. what do you ask women about what the 1930s was like? too late for hoop skirts and bustles and even flapper stuff.. she came of age, like beaced, during WWII. Was she a riveter?

well ask her.. well.. what do you ask women about what the 1930s was like? too late for hoop skirts and bustles and even flapper stuff.. she came of age, like beaced, during WWII. Was she a riveter?

Not she, but her mother-in-law (my wife’s paternal grandmother) lived to 94 and was an actual riveter during WWII and had all of her faculties and stories to tell about it.

Hey beaced,

Two questions: First, what are some of the historical events you witnessed in real time like?

Second, what does your handle mean?

I don't think of beaced as old. He has a very young attitude. He's put more thought into his workouts and supplements than some college athletes - and he works though injuries more than some Yankees and Mets.
Started weight training at age 20 when I got out of service in 1945.Ate all the regular shit ,including sugars. Not much beer.Occasional bourbon old fashioned.Lots of milk.Took basic vitamins at that time. Started getting panic attacks in 1973.Stopped the milk,lactose intolerant, and started learning about vitamins and supplements.No panic attacks since then.From that time on ate a lot of protein and completely eliminated added sugars. NO: candy,cake,pies etc,sodas. Sugars were anathema to me.Was married in '54. Two daughters. '60 and '62.Three FB playing Grand sons and a just turned 21 ,beautiful Grand daughter a Senior at NC ST.Caddied as a kid and played golf all of my life until age 75. Kept lifting moderately until age 85. Tore up both rotator cuffs in the process and suffer badly with them to this day.Continued limited arm moves and walked for exercise.Took and passed stress tests every 2 years and TG,the ticker is doing fine.I use a cane for walking,balance is crappy and I am feeling the 94 years. Eat like a horse .Limited beer,ice cream,some cookies and pastries.BTW,stayed away from white flour products like the plague over all of the training years.Did have,of course, spaghetti occasionally.THANKYOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. I THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR COMMENTS.WE ARE INDEED AN RU FB FAMILY.

FYI.. for any that do not know.. our own @beaced is 95 years old.. so you can ask him stuff like:

Wont hit 95,with the blessings,until 11/06.The kids in my 8th grade ,graduating class,were terrified that I would show up at graduation wearing knickers. I let them sweat up to the very day. Showed up in white flannel longies as did the rest of the guys.

They should give extra priority points for anyone over 80. You get a bonus. When they do retro themes at the games do you look for the wooden goalposts ?

Beaced - what kind of dinosaur did you have as a pet?

Happy 95!

Hey beaced,

Two questions: First, what are some of the historical events you witnessed in real time like?

Second, what does your handle mean?
The first question is too long to answer at this time.I will give it a try at some time soon.The second is easy it is an old Lower Slobovian word that means: A dummy who follows RU FB no matter what.(they are really the iniitials of my kids and grandkids)Thanks for asking.

Beaced, Congrats on making it to 95! That is a great achievement in itself. Take care and I wish you many more birthdays and following Rutgers football ahead!

Did professional athletes really sacrifice their professional years to serve in the military, like everyday folks?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT