ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jonathan Laurent saga continues

Wheres Johnathan Laurent - (like waldo or carmen santago)

Think about how deep we could be at guard if magically Damon santiago has another year of eligibility somehow

Reactions: ejgonz
Jonathan Laurent avereged about 10 points and five rebounds in 22 minutes per game, while shooting 55% overall, about 47% from three point range (35 for 75) and 87% from the foul line, in his one year at Massachusetts. He had several P5 options as a graduate transfer. I’m as big a fan of Pike has anyone. But the one thing I questioned was not being able to get more out of Laurent.

Well he's in a program that seems to need help.
Maybe he learned something a RU & UMass
that will get him minutes.
His time at UMass was solid but unspectacular.
Started in 13 of the 30 games he played there.
Hope he enjoys himself in his last year of college ball.

Jonathan Laurent avereged about 10 points and five rebounds in 22 minutes per game, while shooting 55% overall, about 47% from three point range (35 for 75) and 87% from the foul line, in his one year at Massachusetts. He had several P5 options as a graduate transfer. I’m as big a fan of Pike has anyone. But the one thing I questioned was not being able to get more out of Laurent.

He lost minutes as the year went on at UMass.

He lost minutes as the year went on at UMass.
Averaged 22 minutes per game for the season, but 27 minutes per game over the last five regular season games. Averaged 17.2 points and 7.6 rebounds over those five games. Also shot 30 of 49, 11 of 19 from three and 15 of 17 FT in those five games.

He did have some injury issues in the middle of the A-10 season and played sparingly for a while. But I think Oklahoma State evaluated his late season a bit different from how you see it.

Laurent was lost in Pike's system. Loved his hustle but his skills and talent were limited.

Reactions: Scangg
Think about how deep we could be at guard if magically Damon santiago has another year of eligibility somehow

I’ll never forget my first midnight madness in ‘95 when he couldn’t throw down a dunk in a one man dunk show. It was embarrassing.

Embarrassing is not making a wide open 3. Why would any one waste their time and energy getting close enough to the basket to dunk?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT