ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Knicks trade for Mikal Bridges/ Resign OG/Draft picks

WTF Nets…and to Knicks?
The first rounders are meh. Most in back of first round.
Tanking or trying to trade (hope not to ATL)…but if tanking, Houston owns nets actual picks….
Knicks needed to better match up with Boston.
His contract is good.
And yet fraud Ben Simmons remains on team and stealing money.
Billy King would be proud of this trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Don’t really like it as a Knicks fan. Gave up too many picks and although they are saying otherwise, I doubt they sign OG now and they are too “wing heavy” if they do. I also think Hartenstein is gone. Could have used the picks for help up front. Hopefully, they aren’t done.

Don’t really like it as a Knicks fan. Gave up too many picks and although they are saying otherwise, I doubt they sign OG now and they are too “wing heavy” if they do. I also think Hartenstein is gone. Could have used the picks for help up front. Hopefully, they aren’t done.
Well a team that is also very wing heavy just won it all in a cakewalk. And it's a copycat league.

As a Nets fan - very happy.
Shit or get off the pot.
This short term “Bridges can be our lead star” notion was crazy.
Seems it was all a smoke screen to drive up his value.
5 first round picks plus a swap for a non-All Star.
Now just let Simmons expire this year and move forward.

I feel like if Bridges went to UConn instead of Villanova then Knicks fans wouldn’t have been nearly as obsessive about obtaining him.

Reactions: Goku
Good trade for both teams. Knicks finally making a true grab at a ring. Nets finally going into full rebuild mode. It will be interesting to see if it pays off for the Knicks as the all in, giving up your picks method hasn't worked well for many teams. See: Brooklyn Nets.

WTF Nets…and to Knicks?
The first rounders are meh. Most in back of first round.
Tanking or trying to trade (hope not to ATL)…but if tanking, Houston owns nets actual picks….
Knicks needed to better match up with Boston.
His contract is good.
And yet fraud Ben Simmons remains on team and stealing money.
Billy King would be proud of this trade.
Didn't they just get back 2 of their own picks in this trade?

From what I've read, the Knicks still have 5 1st round picks in the next 3 years, even after the trade.

Technically but not really.

2 of them are #23 and #25 tonight.

Next year (2025 - or the Ace/Dylan Draft!!!) they have 2 but both are protected and unlikely to transfer to NY (Detroit Top 13 protected and Washington Top 10 protected).

2026 they do have their own pick.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
As a huge Nets fan more excited that we got our pick back for 2025 from the Rockets. A good chance that either Ace or Dylan end up on the Nets!!!

I had been holding out hope the Suns get injured and flame out next year since we had their pick.

Now we control our own 2025 pick and can tank for Flagg, Ace, Dylan.
It's a loaded draft.

I had been holding out hope the Suns get injured and flame out next year since we had their pick.

Now we control our own 2025 pick and can tank for Flagg, Ace, Dylan.
It's a loaded draft.
Nets gm is still the same guy? horrible GM lol. Get a super team then hire Steve Nash as the coach...then the team is playing well with KD, Kyrie, caris lavert and Jared Allen ..you then trade lavert and Jared Allen for freaking James harden on the decline...they would have won the chip that year instead of the bucks, they almost beat them with just KD...if they have lavert and Allen do go along with KD after Kyrie broke his ankle they win.

Reactions: rufeelinit
I like the bridges trade though..gives you two wings that can compete with Tatum and brown defensively, idk if they can score like Tatum and brown though. Also don't know what anyone can do with porzingas, not just the Knicks. He really can shoot from anywhere over anyone.

gotta think they wouldn't give up those #1s unless they think have a good shot at keeping OG

If he wasn't before, OG should be asking for the full 5 year $245m max now.
He has all the leverage and the Knicks have to pay him.

They better hope he stays healthy.

great trade for the Knicks, will keep them as the #2/3 team in the East with the Bucks, but doesn't put them over the top.

Nets gm is still the same guy? horrible GM lol. Get a super team then hire Steve Nash as the coach...then the team is playing well with KD, Kyrie, caris lavert and Jared Allen ..you then trade lavert and Jared Allen for freaking James harden on the decline...they would have won the chip that year instead of the bucks, they almost beat them with just KD...if they have lavert and Allen do go along with KD after Kyrie broke his ankle they win.

No doubt mistakes were made.

But instead of just wallowing in the mistakes, he’s making moves to go forward and not throw away seasons without a feasible plan.
Now we have a plan.
Tank and build through the draft (the next two drafts are expected to be loaded).
Simmons will be off the books after this year with significant cap space next year. Not that cap space is the end all be all. Doubtful we attract a “star” - which is fine since they rarely hit FA anyway.
Better to have it though than be a bad team with no cap space.

GM Marks certainly isn’t bulletproof (and I wouldn’t have minded if he was replaced) but he’s not doubling down on his mistakes.

No doubt mistakes were made.

But instead of just wallowing in the mistakes, he’s making moves to go forward and not throw away seasons without a feasible plan.
Now we have a plan.
Tank and build through the draft (the next two drafts are expected to be loaded).
Simmons will be off the books after this year with significant cap space next year. Not that cap space is the end all be all. Doubtful we attract a “star” - which is fine since they rarely hit FA anyway.
Better to have it though than be a bad team with no cap space.

GM Marks certainly isn’t bulletproof (and I wouldn’t have minded if he was replaced) but he’s not doubling down on his mistakes.
Will say that whoever evaluates draft talent is pretty good at finding players and building a roster. Guys like dinwiddie, lavert, Allen, claxton, cam Thomas etc all good picks. So let's see what they build...

i would think Ace is way ahead of Dylan on NBA boards right now
Dylan is still anywhere from 3 to 6 on most of the prominent draft boards. The Nets will tank, but with the lottery, no guarantees on how high they will be. The Wizards and Pistons will be terrible too, so lots of competition for the first few picks.

Technically but not really.

2 of them are #23 and #25 tonight.

Next year (2025 - or the Ace/Dylan Draft!!!) they have 2 but both are protected and unlikely to transfer to NY (Detroit Top 13 protected and Washington Top 10 protected).

2026 they do have their own pick.
Still worth it and a good deal for both teams to address their different priorities. Trades theoretically should work for both teams. The problem is that fans always want trades to be lopsided in their favor or they try to spin it that way.

That is a lot of picks to trade. Makes you wonder what someone like Giannis would cost. I don't think they do this trade if they don't already have OG locked up. Hartenstein seems like the wild card with regard to whether they will be able to bring everyone else back. I like Bridges a lot and the fit is very good so hopefully good days ahead for Knick fans.

I liked what the Nets did with their second trade to regain control of their upcoming picks and allow them to tank but I also don't get how Sean Marks is allowed to lead another rebuild.

Last edited:
As a Knicks fan, I LOOOOVE this. They accumulated draft picks to cash them in one day for the right player. Bridges is 100% the right player for this team. He's a perfect compliment to Brunson, Hart and DanteD.

The Knicks need to bring back Hartenstein and let Marcus Robinson walk. Not sure if they need OG. He's always hurt and Bridges and him play the same position. And Randle is now 3rd fiddle on this team. Maybe trade him too to get more 3 and D wings or another lengthy PF who is cool with being 3rd or 4th fiddle in this offense.

As a Knicks fan, I LOOOOVE this. They accumulated draft picks to cash them in one day for the right player. Bridges is 100% the right player for this team. He's a perfect compliment to Brunson, Hart and DanteD.

The Knicks need to bring back Hartenstein and let Marcus Robinson walk. Not sure if they need OG. He's always hurt and Bridges and him play the same position. And Randle is now 3rd fiddle on this team. Maybe trade him too to get more 3 and D wings or another lengthy PF who is cool with being 3rd or 4th fiddle in this offense.
They can't just let OG walk away at this point otherwise the Bridges deal does not make sense. They are all in and while I am leery of a max deal for OG, he does now have a lot of leverage in this situation with the 76ers lurking. Once OG opted out of the last year of his current deal, they can't even engineer a sign and trade to recoup some of the value. Its a very strange situation with Leon Rose's son being his agent at CAA. Would seem to be a conflict that OG and the Knicks would want to avoid. If he signs for something less than the max before the free agency period starts than the agent could be accused of giving the Knicks a family discount.

They need to be wing heavy to deal with Boston.

They can't just let OG walk away at this point otherwise the Bridges deal does not make sense. They are all in and while I am leery of a max deal for OG, he does now have a lot of leverage in this situation with the 76ers lurking. Once OG opted out of the last year of his current deal, they can't even engineer a sign and trade to recoup some of the value. Its a very strange situation with Leon Rose's son being his agent at CAA. Would seem to be a conflict that OG and the Knicks would want to avoid. If he signs for something less than the max before the free agency period starts than the agent could be accused of giving the Knicks a family discount.
It's reported that OG is close to signing a five-year $212 million contract with the Knicks.

The whole discussion over the picks in the media is ridiculous. The reason they accumulated them was to make a move like this. As I said before, good trade for both teams given their priorities.

Looks like OG is about to sign (5 year $212.5 million) which is great news IMO. Now if only they can keep Hartenstien.

Knicks 20-3 with OG in lineup

Was having career game on way to 50 when he pulled hammy. No one HAS to play 46 mins anymore

Could see Knicks sort of Losing a trade by adding a pick to a Mitch trade to open up $$ for Hartenstein

Knicks should keep OG and with Bridges, they are set at forwards/wings.

Randle is expendable--should see if they can do a salary dump...maybe attach a pick to entice a bottom team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT