ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Knicks trade for Mikal Bridges/ Resign OG/IHart to OKC

I don't think people are down on his ability, they are down on the injury history. He has shown that he can be an elite defender, shot blocker and and rebounder when healthy.
That's fair. I think he probably needs to be limited to 24 per night. Maybe they can find a Dario Saric, or Daniel Theis type who also move the ball well to pair with him. I liked Precious, but he seemed to play the 4 better than the 5.

Huge loss IMO since he was the perfect fit at center for this team. So now since the end of last season the question becomes would you trade Hartenstein and 5 first round picks for Bridges? That’s a resounding “no”. Not sure how they come up with a decent center but it all changes if they do.

It doesn't work that way. Knicks were capped at 4 years $72M for IHart due to his Early Bird rights. He still would have went to OKC regardless of the Bridges trade.

It doesn't work that way. Knicks were capped at 4 years $72M for IHart due to his Early Bird rights. He still would have went to OKC regardless of the Bridges trade.
I understand. I’m just saying with all the excitement over Bridges, the Knicks are at a net nagative in talent and assets since the end of the season. They gave up too many picks for Bridges IMO. They could have used some of those assets to helpget a somewhat decent big man.

I understand. I’m just saying with all the excitement over Bridges, the Knicks are at a net nagative in talent and assets since the end of the season. They gave up too many picks for Bridges IMO. They could have used some of those assets to help get a somewhat decent big man.

Not sure I agree but I guess we'll see what happens as it depends on who they bring in to replace IHart.

You trade Randle for KAT ???
Would minny ?? Minn already has Center in Gobert
I wouldn’t. I’m not enamored with Randle but KAT is soft and disappears when it matters. He also doesn’t seem to want to be a center and just wants to shoot jumpers.

Some nice financial moves by the Knick today to open up the ability to spend to the second apron. Who knew Shake Milton would be the key? Also signed their first rounder from France at a bit of a discount. More moves forthcoming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT