ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Looking for a second team to root for this season?

RUPsyched

All Conference
Gold Member
May 28, 2010
My son "Baby RUPsyched" aka "UMMPsyched" is the runningbacks coach, long snappers coach and chief Gator driver for the University of Minnesota at Morris Cougars D3. His first paid college coaching job.

First game up: At home(Big Cat Stadium(I kid you not)) vs. Macalester College. 7 PM Eastern.

UMM is poised to have the best running game in the Upper MIdwest Athletic Conference(UMAC). Seriously, the starter is an all conference runningback entering his senior season. The second back is a former scholarship player who is also expected to do well as he is very fast for a DIII back.

The winner of the UMAC makes the playoffs and gets the rights to be annihilated by the best D3 teams in the country in the first round.

His bosses gave him a resume padding gift this season with the runningbacks. Also, they are giving him a great education on how to be a college football coach that is going way beyond the Xs and Os. I don't think he could be in a better situation insofar as launching a career.

OK. Shameless plug over.

My son "Baby RUPsyched" aka "UMMPsyched" is the runningbacks coach, long snappers coach and chief Gator driver for the University of Minnesota at Morris Cougars D3. His first paid college coaching job.

First game up: At home(Big Cat Stadium(I kid you not)) vs. Macalester College. 7 PM Eastern.

UMM is poised to have the best running game in the Upper MIdwest Athletic Conference(UMAC). Seriously, the starter is an all conference runningback entering his senior season. The second back is a former scholarship player who is also expected to do well as he is very fast for a DIII back.

The winner of the UMAC makes the playoffs and gets the rights to be annihilated by the best D3 teams in the country in the first round.

His bosses gave him a resume padding gift this season with the runningbacks. Also, they are giving him a great education on how to be a college football coach that is going way beyond the Xs and Os. I don't think he could be in a better situation insofar as launching a career.

OK. Shameless plug over.
This is awesome. Hope they have a great season.

Reactions: RUPsyched

OK. Shameless plug over.
That's really cool. Best of luck to him. Sounds like a fun job. Better than sitting in an office staring at a compute all day, posting useless drivel on a football message board.
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Reactions: RUPsyched
Minnesota Morris lost its first game to Macallister 45-24. We were at the game.

The good news is my son's coaching domain the runningbacks rushed for 250 yards on 32 carries with 2 touchdowns and the snappers' snaps were clean.

The bad news was that the UMM QB had some issues reading the defense and did not play well. He wasn't terrible. At this level it is not a given that opposing non-conference teams will exchange tapes. The QB had trouble adjusting without knowing what Macallister will run. Macallister's QB did not. He passed for over 400 yards.

I am liking the OC, my son's mentor and boss, more and more. My son had experience charting plays from the booth. The OC added several more charting tasks and told my son to get ready to sweat. My son wasn't able to chart everything(he did get enough for the OC to use) nor was the coach expecting him to for the first game, but he did improve as the game progressed and he did sweat.

What the OC has in my son is a math/science guy who is good with people and had previous coaching experience. The OC is teaching how to coach minus the math nerd stuff. i.e. getting points across with less words; improving meeting time management; avoid overcoaching, etc.

About that less words stuff, yea, his mom and I take full blame for that yada yada yada.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT