ADVERTISEMENT

OT: looking for lakefront house in PA

RUbacker

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2014
Looking for feedback from the board members on deals on lakefront house in poconos or eastern PA . Looking to spend about 200k for a weekend house to relax with the family on the lake. Thanks in advance as I am not familiar with the area and many on here have homes there or know the area.

Look in the Wallenpaupack area
You won't find a lakefront anywhere near $200K that is actually on Lake Wallenpaupack. On the other side of a street facing Lake Wallenpaupack, but without direct access, is a possibility. And of course as stated above, there are lots of smaller lakes that come with a smaller price tag.

screw PA.. go to VA...
Chincoteague
I was actually there last year and we loved it. Actually giving that consideration for a vacation home too but a little farther away than we wanted. I may have to revisit. Thank you.

Ok
You won't find a lakefront anywhere near $200K that is actually on Lake Wallenpaupack. On the other side of a street facing Lake Wallenpaupack, but without direct access, is a possibility. And of course as stated above, there are lots of smaller lakes that come with a smaller price tag.
ok got it . I happened to see a great party / family place on the PA side of the Delaware river for 200k . I am ok on smaller or private lakes. The jersey shore is just to busy and too much of a hassle. LBI is good . So I'm thinking a quieter place and thought PA . Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT