ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Man dies in home made rocket

If this is a flat earth thing (not sure it is)....

Question for the flat earth people - How can the earth be flat if at the same instance in time, it's both dark and light in different parts of the world? Using a ceiling light and a flat table, ALL of the table is either light or dark at the same time!!!

Idiots....

Question for the flat earth people - How can the earth be flat if at the same instance in time, it's both dark and light in different parts of the world? Using a ceiling light and a flat table, ALL of the table is either light or dark at the same time!!!

Idiots....

Well, it also doesn't explain how people are able to sail around the world...

Small details.

Idiots....
How do you know that’s the case? Have you been in these two places at once?

How do you know that’s the case? Have you been in these two places at once?

No, but have spoken to family members on the phone who lived in NJ while I lived in Cali.... Dark in NJ, light in Cali... That's enough for me.....

And where are the photos of our flat earth from above or at the edge? Love to see them... I've seen quite a few of the roundish globe that we happen to reside on......

Morons....

Reactions: RUMountie
Someone posted under the video in a comment: "The earth will be a rounder place without him." He also should have listened to Radiohead:

il_fullxfull.797769404_a7d0_original.jpg

Indeed, gravity is undefeated for all time!

Reactions: Knight Shift
It looks to me as though the parachute deployed upon liftoff screwing up his trajectory and thrust acceleration. Good thing too, because he would have gone higher and his velocity as he crashed into the ground would have been higher! Rip Rocket Man!

No, but have spoken to family members on the phone who lived in NJ while I lived in Cali.... Dark in NJ, light in Cali... That's enough for me.....

And where are the photos of our flat earth from above or at the edge? Love to see them... I've seen quite a few of the roundish globe that we happen to reside on......

Morons....
The secret dies with this brave pioneer who dared to expand the boundaries of science.

Reactions: RW90
Clearly he was mentally ill. Worst still his "friends" were just encouraging him. No one tried to stop him? Too busy trying to film it for clicks?

People die from dumb stuff all the time but this one is something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
I feel horrible for ROFLMAO but this thread has potential.
This dude had to be on bath salts or some type of drug..I can't imagine anyone in the right state of mind doing this..also guessing his friends must not have liked him very much..sad..

This dude had to be on bath salts or some type of drug..I can't imagine anyone in the right state of mind would do this..also guessing his friends must not have liked him very much..sad..
I'd agree except that he couldn't have possibly just whipped up that rocket on the fly. This required some planning and so would had to have known the risks. I'm actually amazed he had some "successful" flights prior? Guess I'll need more to repent upon this Lent, lol.

Reactions: Jm0513
Also, if you're looking for things to be incredulous about, the phrase "steam-powered rocket" might be worth a moment's thought.

I'd agree except that he couldn't have possibly just whipped up that rocket on the fly. This required some planning and so would had to have known the risks. I'm actually amazed he had some "successful" flights prior? Guess I'll need more to repent upon this Lent, lol.
Dumb*ss..sorry, RIP to a dumb*ss

Reactions: Spare130 and RW90
It looks to me as though the parachute deployed upon liftoff screwing up his trajectory and thrust acceleration. Good thing too, because he would have gone higher and his velocity as he crashed into the ground would have been higher! Rip Rocket Man!

Actually it wasn’t deployed it got caught and was ripped off by the Launching Pad.

Actually it wasn’t deployed it got caught and was ripped off by the Launching Pad.
why would he have the chute out upon liftoff? That makes no sense. The idea is to launch yourself high enough and then deploy the chute. Regardless, this was a very smart person who was too smart for their own good.

Do you know what's scary here?
We can detect when Kim Jong Un is going to launch a rocket but we can't detect a guy in this country about to launch a rocket.

Do you know what's scary here?
We can detect when Kim Jong Un is going to launch a rocket but we can't detect a guy in this country about to launch a rocket.
KJU is a threat...this Darwin contestant was not...clearly

Did he make it across the snake river canyon?

PS - high quality video for being close to 50 years old :Wink:

This was the same guy who they did the netflix documentary on was it not? I'm fairly sure "Flat Earthers" just get together to play Magic the Gathering

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT