ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mets Keeping It Classy: “Hawk Tuah” Chick Throws Out 1st Pitch

I don't think people are understanding the current times we are in. And it's leading to massive issues and miscommunication. This is the first pitch of a random game. This girl only became famous because of social media..her video went viral because influencers used it to get paid because they knew the public would eat it up. Her throwing out the first pitch is only being scrutinized because it's all over social media. You're all actually being programmed to be mad about this. The sky is falling, society is going down the drain because this girl threw the first pitch. 🙄 No just that "influencers" and trolls are going crazy about this all over social media. For likes and engagement....think shock jock DJ but in modern times..

Wow. Thanks for explaining the future to us. I have been super-confused and now you’ve explained it.

And this Hak Tuah jackass is the beginning of the end for the Mets. The opposite effect of the Great Grimmace Thing earlier this year.

Reactions: bigmatt718
FWIW she was there to help spread attention to a charity she is working with which is helping get veterans with PTSD and other issues service animals. Sounds like a good thing to me.

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for explaining the future to us. I have been super-confused and now you’ve explained it.
Idk if you were but from the looks of the thread, some people don't understand this. Since here we are in a thread complaining about "hawk tuah" girl throwing the first pitch at a Mets game in August and what it means about society lol

There have been plenty of football threads on the free board too, I hate it when folks take the time to click on an OT and complain about it instead of scrolling by.
Agreed.. its not like the truly football-related posts are scrolling off the board because of all the OT stuff. Not having enough football-stuff at any time is strictly because nobody knows anything worth discussing. Most football-related topics are discussed to death during off-season and the few football threads will always pop to the top if there is anything left to comment on.

Reactions: RUPete and Kbee3
FWIW she was there to help spread attention to a charity she is working with which is helping get veterans with PTSD and other issues service animals. Sounds like a good thing to me.
I give her credit for that. She is trying to do something good and productive with what was essentially a winning lottery ticket for instant fame.

Reactions: Jm0513
I saw her in an interview.
If you didn't know about her goober episode she would seem ok
She says she turned down Playboy but I'm not even sure what that looks like anymore.
Being in the Pennysaver might pay more
If it was the Bill Maher interview, I saw that too. She was stoned out on her mind.

Mets fans once again the laughing stock of all of professional sports. Just getting destroyed today.

All of professional sports seems a little drastic.
Went to ESPN and didn't see it anywhere: https://www.espn.com/mlb/

Is this another of those social media "everyone is buzzing on Twitter about it" things?
Maybe I'll ask my 13 year old niece about it. She's much more on Twitter and TikTok.

All of professional sports seems a little drastic.
Went to ESPN and didn't see it anywhere: https://www.espn.com/mlb/

Is this another of those social media "everyone is buzzing on Twitter about it" things?
Maybe I'll ask my 13 year old niece about it. She's much more on Twitter and TikTok.
It's not something that isn't common now in days. I myself have to stop and think critically before reacting to some things on social media. Some things are just outright lies and so many people believe them. The other day my father (he doesn't follow sports anymore) was like you know Jordan has an illegitimate son that made it to the NBA.? I'm like what? He's like yeah Anthony Edwards is Jordan's son. Smh I know the people on this board cover a wide range of ages, this is a new phenomenon for many. Had to tell my father to stop opening emails, stop putting his credit card number on random websites to order miscellaneous crap lol. Digital world is not for him, he's a scammers dream..

Stop with the facts. It ruins a good thread. :)

• Love
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Whats disturbing is that this girl has become famous for talking about spitting on a guys D
Indeed. It's crazy how much attention this young woman has gained in two months. I'm highly vested in the sports card and entertainment memorabilia markets. Leaf has created cards of her. They are selling like crazy, especially the autographed ones.

The old adage remains true: sex sells.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=hawk+tuah+leaf&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: newell138
I give her credit for that. She is trying to do something good and productive with what was essentially a winning lottery ticket for instant fame.

Yes, she is, good stuff!
It is amazing that this wasn't the PR pitch that the Met's didn't get out in front of- I am a Met's fan and didn't even realize this. And it changes the narrative 180 degrees.
So, maybe it isn't the laughing stock of sports and it is a really good thing she and the Met's teamed up on.

And blowing a 5-0 lead in the process - that's rough. But my team has its own problems so no Schadenfreude from me. I also don't have anything against the Mets. Look at that thread on this board - they have to be some of the most passionate and loyal fans on the planet no matter what happens.
"Blowing"...operative term here for sure....

While I’d be extremely upset and MORTIFIED if this was what my kid (who was raised with morals and to have self respect) was gaining notoriety for, she doesn’t seem like a bad person. Not sure if it is true, but she claims a lot of her earnings will go to animal organizations.
I don’t know much about her but saw snippets of her on a podcast.
She apparently says she was a crack baby and has no contact with her mom. Maybe she just needs a hug? Lol
I’m sure at 21 I said some stupid things to men, It was just never documented.
Again, I don’t agree with the commentary her and the guy had but we’ve all been drunk& stupid.
At least she isn’t licking toilet bowls like that other train wreck a few years back.
In 6 months no one will be talking about her and it’ll be the next fool who goes viral for something stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashokan
What a degenerate society we've become. Woman makes a crude sexual reference and becomes a celebrity. "Sophisticated" New Yorkers play right along

So- we all know- Hawk Tuah girl is going to grab her 15 mins- hell- it created a multi billion $$$ franchise for the Kardashians.
With that said- good or bad- she did the first pitch with the brand of bringing awareness to America's vet dogs.
80% of me knows she really knew nothing about these heros before the Met's approached her. As I am 100% sure she and the charity did not present it to her.
But...with all the bad that has come from this- It did make me aware of the charity and I had to take a look and make a small donation.

I will look past all the reasons and if the charity increases donations by a significant amount- then this is all something good- sometimes the world works like that.

As for the girl herself- she was drunk- got filmed by one of these "influencers" - heck- I saw it on facebook myself on "reels" before it blew up...There is no way this girl knew this would all happen...And instead of hiding- she said F-it let me make something while I can and if the public wanted to pay me a ton of money for it...I am going to take the ride.
I have no problem with her at all either. Except- she may want to read a book or two...

Reactions: NickRU714
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT