ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Michigan Imploding

From what I read a couple months ago when this all went down, is that this longtime S&C coach's son happens to be a top-ranked guard in the 2026 class (#41 player in the nation per Rivals). Who of course was expected to join Michigan to be with his dad.

So not only is this yet another terrible look for Howard, but it's gonna hurt them with recruiting too.

You really hate to see it.

Howard would have been gone already if not for being a UM legend.

They’ll probably wait until end of season to get rid of him.

GO RU

Do they even consider him a legend? I was talking a few years ago with a UM grad and he was saying fire Harbaugh and Howard. I said it’s hard to fire a legend and his reply was that UM doesn’t have legends like other schools because there are so many greats. Maybe Brady would be safe. Smug prick.

Reactions: biker7766
For what it's worth, I thought one of the B1G post-game show guys was suggesting Howard isn't going anywhere. I assume -- and he sounded as if -- he had some inside info.

In a way, not firing him for the punch and whatever happened between him and the S&C coach, makes it even harder for them to fire him for a season when he was sidelined due to health problems. Howard will be back next year. I don't think Martinelli will be back.

Wow - Belein was a class act. I remember thinking about the polar shift at WVU when they hired Huggins to replace him. If Belein hired this guy - he has credibility in my book and this story is likely true.

In a way, not firing him for the punch and whatever happened between him and the S&C coach, makes it even harder for them to fire him for a season when he was sidelined due to health problems. Howard will be back next year. I don't think Martinelli will be back.
I could see martinelli as the scape goat but I would assume he isn't the problem

Can Slappy survive this year?

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

What’s his incoming recruiting class looking like ?

They lost 3 major talents this year so it’s understandable and reasonable to keep him.

Let’s say we excel next year and the two big recruits leave. And we nosedive in 25-26. Is Pike in jeopardy? Of course not.

Daddy ball at its worst. Eventually, they will have to let him go before the program disappears entirely and then they can expect Slappy to drag the program through the mud with all types of allegations. Too bad..lol. I can somewhat understand that they were surprised by his inability to coach at this level but they should not have been blindsided by his lack of character.

Reactions: bIhawk
Accusations that Howard couldn't control his temper and wanted to fight someone? That's... well, very consistent with public incidents. I hope he can get his act together, and I hope he is still the Michigan head coach next season.

Accusations that Howard couldn't control his temper and wanted to fight someone? That's... well, very consistent with public incidents. I hope he can get his act together, and I hope he is still the Michigan head coach next season.

Part of me wants him canned since he seems like a major douche,so a little serving of humble pie…

But obviously the better thing is that his incompetent ass stays at Mishican

I was next to Juwan in the Bahamas at the Battle of Atlantis making small talk with some of the Michigan players. Juwan just looks like an asshole. I spoke to Martelli for a little bit at the airport before we went home and he seemed to be a good guy

I was next to Juwan in the Bahamas at the Battle of Atlantis making small talk with some of the Michigan players. Juwan just looks like an asshole. I spoke to Martelli for a little bit at the airport before we went home and he seemed to be a good guy
Indeed, Martelli is a good guy... ran into him at a Springsteen show in Philly when he was at St. Joseph's.

Based on article today seems like his son has the same attitude and temper problems as he tried to engage the strength coach in to fight. The strength coach resigned and accused Juwan of being a maniac.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT