ADVERTISEMENT

ot- Mike and The Mad Dog Reunion

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
On MSG. Funny start. This will be a great show whether you love them or hate them.

[
The best of all time.

Amazing how much better Mike is then dog.

Yes, he's better at a lot of things, most of them negative, but I digress as this is pretty cool had no idea it was on!

Last edited:
Don't you people read this board ? Mike is clueless and Wfan hates us ! How come they don't have the great graber as a guest tonight

Reactions: Purple-Ed
Listening on the radio. I think it's pretty good actually. I always like both of them despite the hate on this board.

Reactions: Babybull244
What a really weird thing to say. The're doing a reunion show after 8 years. Are you really that insecure about Francessa's standing as a.sports talk show host Mrs Francessa?

What are you talking about?

I think Mike is slit better than dog. It's obvious.

Don't you people read this board ? Mike is clueless and Wfan hates us ! How come they don't have the great graber as a guest tonight
I am not a fan of Francessa because through the years he has taken a lot of cheap shots at Rutgers. That being said, this show tonight is pretty good.. Great guests great charity, there doing a good job.

I think many of us love to hate them...but growing up in my teens and then into my 20s listening to guys like Howard Stern and Mike and the Mad Dog were a must listen...a golden age...where have you gone NY radio?
It has moved to Sirius.

Was there tonight with a few buddies. Nice steak dinner and little Mike and the Dog, why not.

Place was packed.

Was this a one time thing? I like them together but Mike by himself is painful.

Reactions: Peteyd
I think many of us love to hate them...but growing up in my teens and then into my 20s listening to guys like Howard Stern and Mike and the Mad Dog were a must listen...a golden age...where have you gone NY radio?

Absolutely. I would guess most people on this board listened to Stern during the morning drive and Mike and the Mad dog on the way home back in the 80s and 90s

The show delivered like only Mike and the mad dog can.

Can never see Big mike and dog reuniting full time. The economics of today's radio can't afford it.
They have gotten too big and would cost too much.

Absolutely. I would guess most people on this board listened to Stern during the morning drive and Mike and the Mad dog on the way home back in the 80s and 90s

remember no internet, no message boards, no constant bombardment of information. Thats what made Stern and M&M so special..particularly the latter because thats where you were able to hear talk about sports indepth and hear callers opinions. Much simpler time but probably better because sometimes less information is better. Now the supply and consumption is just too much

Like Francessa a lot more than Dog - frankly never got Dog. Agree with others who say the economics of them getting together would never work as both would be too expensive. Too many other options in radio today, not only with satellite, but the internet has really shrunk the world astronomically.

before Dog teamed up with Mike, he was on WOR late at night, and remember thinking how does this guy, who talks with a lisp,get a radio gig.

Mad Dog did not have "tuxedo voice", but lots of enthusiasm and personality. Opened doors for people like Chris Carlin and Chris Childers.

Chris Carlin tweets during show were just as good,if not better then show..lots of great insight,behind the curtain stuff he let loose with explaining his years as producer of the show.

Listened to them a lot in the 90s. They were always better together than separately. I think Mike on his own has gone down hill. Never listened to Dog on Sirius... stick with college sports and the soccer channel there.

There are more women on this board than there were in the crowd last night.

Bobby V was the best interview IMO. Some great stories.

Underrated highlight was Mike doing the coin flip, letting it land on the ground, and having absolutely no interest in attempting to pick it up for fear of not being able to get up and quickly coming up with "Dog, you wanna check and see if it's heads?" so Russo ended up picking it up.

Fats will be on Dan Patrick this morning. It maybe the first time ever he has appeared on his show.

I used to listen to them back then for news on expansion aka Rutgers to the Big East. I remember they had Jake Crauthamel (sp?), Syracyse AD, on back in 1991 right after Big East Football Conference was formed. Jake said it was only a matter of time until Rutgers becomes a full time member of the Big East. Jake got half of it right. :)

I thought Mike has announced his retirement once his contract is up?

Back in the mid 90s I had a job for a short time that kept me on the road. Mike and Chris were a big part of my day, making long afternoons seem a little bit shorter.

What are you talking about?

I think Mike is slit better than dog. It's obvious.

What I'm talking about is that something seems really wrong with you. You are so Francessa obsessed that you have to talk up his greatness every time he is brought up on this forum. In this thread where no one is denigrating Mike, you go out of your way to talk about how great he is and denegrate Chris Russo at the same time. Very weird unless you are a Francessa Groupie or Relative.

What I'm talking about is that something seems really wrong with you. You are so Francessa obsessed that you have to talk up his greatness every time he is brought up on this forum. In this thread where no one is denigrating Mike, you go out of your way to talk about how great he is and denegrate Chris Russo at the same time. Very weird unless you are a Francessa Groupie or Relative.
I didn't know Michael Kay posted on this board. I was clearly making just an observation that I thought Mike was better then dog. Several other people made similar observations as well in this thread. Some said they hate Mike on his own, better with dog ect... It's just an opinion which people share on message boards.
Now get lawst.

Looks like the posters in this thread like Francessa.
I had the feeling that most didn't because of the threads started complaining about him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT