ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mulcahy UW comeback

Just my opinion, but I don't necessarily consider Paul a goat because of that missed free throw.

He made both his foul shots with 1:05 to go to bring Washington within 5. Then scored with 44 seconds to go to bring Washington within 3. Then he had his layup blocked but got the rebound and was fouled with Washington trailing by 1 with a second to go. Yes, he missed the first foul shot that could have won the game if he made both, but the pressure was even greater then, because if he missed the second foul shot Washington loses. But he made the second free throw to tie the game and force overtime.

I can see how some would consider him the goat, but I think he did enough positive stuff at the end of regulation to offset a missed free throw. Winning the game would have been great, but he did tie it to avoid losing in regulation. He didn't end up being the hero, but I wouldn't call him the goat either.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Greenie, my post saying gotta make two and be the hero was based solely on rooting for Paul as a human being.
I sit directly behind the bench when I go to games and saw what I thought was a near nervous breakdown from Paul last year.
I’m just rooting for him as a person
Interesting. I root for him.

Sure, I rooted for him and everyone else because I wanted Rutgers to win. But I didn’t like the whiner, tripper, flopper in him that bothered me just as much as Duke’s Grayson Allen and Davison on Wisky a few years ago.

So I guess that makes me a hypocrite. Now that he’s gone I don’t root for him, no. Not a player I respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT