ADVERTISEMENT

OT- NBC bringing back the show Coach

gflip01

Freshman
Feb 5, 2007
http://deadline.com/2015/03/coach-series-craig-t-nelson-star-nbc-1201399607/

Best news of the day so far. Was a great show.

Loved that show, in fact FIOS on demand has it, but it's not free, so this is great news.

that show jumped the shark when they moved to florida and he was a pro coach.

I hate the re-creation of old shows and movies and trying to bring them back by infusing new elements of society

Yes, the (slightly older) nice-looking teenaged sister on the Donna Reed Show.
smile.r191677.gif

Eh, no real desire to see it. Would rather see Home Improvement come back.

Originally posted by Rutgers1976:
Yes, the (slightly older) nice-looking teenaged sister on the Donna Reed Show.
smile.r191677.gif
And recorded "Johnny Angel" in '62. The song made it to #1 and she received a Gold Record for over a million sales. Darlene Love sang backup on it.

Wasn't a huge fan of it, but it was better than all but a couple of sitcoms on today. And it definitely jumped the shark with the pro coach thing. Bad idea. Then again, it was on for like seven years before that, so it was probably due to wheeze and cough its way to a slow death anyway.

It's always very risky to revive a character and move him to a different place/role. You only get so many "Frasiers"

And to throw in another unnecessary criticism, I think Craig T. Nelson is a much better actor in dramatic roles. In comedy he always seemed a bit awkward to me. But the supporting characters were good -- think Ray Romano and Jerry Seinfeld. No, not at that level, of course, but guys who thrived because the material they came up with was funny and the supporting cast could act on a higher level than they could.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT