ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ Road Rage

Sad to say ,based on some of the replies in this thread, it looks like what happened makes for something to automatically joke about and not show compassion toward the victim.
Know that really isn't the case, but we've become so used to violence that we tend to consider it part of everyday life and use humor so the reality of our accepting violence as part of everyday life doesn't depress us like it used to do, when hearing about violent acts wasn't considered part of a normal day.

It's almost as if some folks have been undermining normal American/Western culture for the last 100 years or so...

WTH- my kids and their friends have been playing these types of video games and watching every type of movie made and not a single one of them has a violent bone in their body.
I always wondered how anyone ever blames games and movies for their actions. It is a cop out.

Some folks believe that criminals aren't to be blamed for their crimes...

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Maybe you have done a great job in controlling the reality of a video game vs. an everyday actual scenario on the streets. Going back and even today my 46 and soon to be 50 year old play video games that depict violence of some sort. No different for your kids if younger but as a parent we need to separate fiction from reality.
Always makes me think of back when my boys were under 5 y/o and we met a few friends and their kids of similar ages out at a restaurant for dinner. Our boys were sitting at the table usually just having their own conversation or eating while the kids of the others were crying, running around the table, under the table etc...and the general opinion from our friends was that WE were so LUCKY to have such well behaved kids. Lucky my ass lol

It's almost as if some folks have been undermining normal American/Western culture for the last 80 years or so...
The educational system we thought was TEACHING evidently had other goals for our young students. Not all but too many with that philosophical intent.

Always makes me think of back when my boys were under 5 y/o and we met a few friends and their kids of similar ages out at a restaurant for dinner. Our boys were sitting at the table usually just having their own conversation or eating while the kids of the others were crying, running around the table, under the table etc...and the general opinion from our friends was that WE were so LUCKY to have such well behaved kids. Lucky my ass lol

Good job. You raised your kids right.

Yes … it seems he did. That is why parents are needed to guide, explain and TEACH their kids. Not some paid influencer.

Reactions: Knightmoves
lol, those that look to blame those they don't agree with ( political) are part of the problem.
Because they tend to excuse violence done in the name of their political agenda.
Road rage is a problem that needs to be addressed like every violent act needs to be and not made a political issue because those trying to make it political, only make it harder to address in a manner that all can get behind.

But I have a feeling some don't really care about most acts of violence unless it becomes personal, but until then to be used as a political tool pushing an agenda against those they don't agree with.

lol, those that look to blame those they don't agree with ( political) are part of the problem.
Because they tend to excuse violence done in the name of their political agenda.
Road rage is a problem that needs to be addressed like every violent act needs to be and not made a political issue because those trying to make it political, only make it harder to address in a manner that all can get behind.

But I have a feeling some don't really care about most acts of violence unless it becomes personal, but until then to be used as a political tool pushing an agenda against those they don't agree with.

I don't have any violence in my political agenda. But you wouldn't see that from up on your high horse, huh?

I'm thinking the guy with the obama quote in his signature should be careful who's he throwing shade at over political violence.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU Diesel07110
I’ve lived in NJ all my life and have driven for a living in the tristate area and then some most of that time , in my opinion NJ & NY drivers are some of the most arrogant , lead foot tailgating son of a bitches in the USA , I have seen it all my friends, that is all…

Reactions: 29PAS
Not very many voters dig into the details of a DA election, so a 10-1 spending advantage does make a difference.
not only that.. but with RECALL efforts around the nation, I cannot help but think a lot of voters know "the wool was pulled over their eyes" in those elections. I'm hoping a huge chunk of them will not be fooled again.

So this thread is about a man running a woman over with a car, being captured and properly being charged with attempted murder. Yet most of the thread is people venting about something they wanted to vent about anyway. In other words, the internet as usual.

No you don’t censor but you control some of that content geared towards the violence portrayed on the video screen. Especially by age groups… a 5-12 age doesn’t see the same things as a 14-20 something. Once again it is left to parental guidance which lacks for many.
Any normal human being can watch a violent movie without thinking it’s OK to run someone over

So this thread is about a man running a woman over with a car, being captured and properly being charged with attempted murder. Yet most of the thread is people venting about something they wanted to vent about anyway. In other words, the internet as usual.
Incidents like this trigger many into generalizing about what they feel are the perceived problems in our society.

If there was a gun involved we’d have two groups debating whether it was the gun or the perp that was to blame for the crime. Many people see what they want to believe.

Last edited:
I don't have any violence in my political agenda. But you wouldn't see that from up on your high horse, huh?

I'm thinking the guy with the obama quote in his signature should be careful who's he throwing shade at over political violence.
Like I like to say:
"A guilty conscience needs no accuser."
Thanks for replying to my message trying to take political agendas out of how we discuss acts of violence while putting your political viewpoint in to prove you don't condone violence

As for my high horse, guess trying to find common ground without politics gumming up the works, in this road rage discussion, puts me in the send to glue factory category 😇

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT