ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

April 5 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) - 1/4, R, BB, SB(1), .250/.650
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - 2/4, BB, .200/.654
  3. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 0/5, K, .091/.357
  4. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (High A Brooklyn) - 0/3, 2 BB, .000/.400
  5. Christian Scott RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, 3B(1), R, 2 RBI, .250/.950
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, R, BB, 2 K, SB(1), .250/.650
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) - 0/2, 2 BB, K, .000/.500
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Extended Spring Training) -
  13. Brandon Sproat RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP
  14. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 2.2 IP, 2 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 7 BB, 3 K, 1 HR, 16.88, L(0-1)
  15. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  16. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) - 2/4, 2B(1), RBI, K, 2 SB(2), .500/1.250
  17. Yovanny Rodriguez C (Extended Spring Training) -
  18. Tyler Stuart RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  19. Nolan McLean RHP/DH (High A Brooklyn) - DNP
  20. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) - 2/4, 2B(1), R, .500/1.250
  21. Jesus Baez SS/2B (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, RBI, .250/.500
  22. Calvin Ziegler RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP
  23. Wilfredo Lara OF/3B (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured
  24. Nate Lavender LHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  25. Boston Baro SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - Injured
  26. Nick Morabito OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 2/4, HR(1), R, RBI, K, .500/1.750
  27. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  28. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) - 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 0 HR, 0.00
  29. Saul Garcia RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  30. Rhylan Thomas OF (AA Binghamton) - 0/4, K, .000/.000

Reactions: MadRU
Figured since the rest of the minors began yesterday I would post. Tomorrow probably not unless late. Weekends always tougher to do the full 30.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Seve breaks out today with 6.2 2 runs and 8 K’s calling it here first lol

Of course,but I also know you love to come in here and tweak Mets fans. Just doing my part to use your own words to bite you in the ass.
i just post the truth.
If it "tweaks" some of the more sensitive fans of the Amazins..that's just a bonus.

i just post the truth.
If it "tweaks" some of the more sensitive fans of the Amazins..that's just a bonus.
Your truths…and you know what you are doing. The one thing I do give you credit for- you are not one of the Yankee posters that troll here but wet their panties if a known Mets fan even has just a normal conversation on their thread.

• Love
Reactions: RUfinally2008
i just post the truth.
I also just post truths. I'm using your own words am I not, and not in The Dead Zone. That's mostly to keep out another troll, lol. Was I wrong to state a shutout on opening day isn't a good start? I know I'm "tweaking" you into a response, lol. You couldn't have been thrilled.

• Haha
Reactions: superfan01
I also just post truths. I'm using your own words am I not, and not in The Dead Zone. That's mostly to keep out another troll, lol. Was I wrong to state a shutout on opening day isn't a good start? I know I'm "tweaking" you into a response, lol. You couldn't have been thrilled.
If the Yanks had started the season with five straight home losses I could possibly be "tweaked".
One game is one game.

Nimmo watched two middle middle fastballs at 90 mph over the heart of the plate. What the hell is he looking for?

Met fan here so I hope I can get away with this joke. Pretty sure Blutarski’s GPA will end up being higher than Nimmo and Lindor’s BA. This is getting tough to watch.

Catch the F-in ball

Errors in second cost 2

Little league double steal fools Mets for another in 6th

Last edited:
Last night there was another instance of a Met (Lindor) lallygagging into second base (8th inning) during a potential double play, this one also including a chance to beat the throw to second. Fortunately for Lindor and the Mets, the SS had trouble getting the ball out of his glove, so Lindor got to stand safely on second base while pumping his fist with more celebratory energy than he bothered to exert in getting to second base or making a play. So far this is anything but a hard-nosed team.

.033 and counting. At least for his sake .000 is a statistical impossibility

Batting coach after every game
Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Bring in a positional player to pitch !

Between Ramirez and Narvaez - its Comedy Central !
How in the hell Narvaez starting and playing as much as Alvarez? And what's with the manager throwing play under the bus when criticizing the team's lack of fundies? What's spring training for?

Lindor Watch : .032 Average. 0-5 today.

Still obstructs the base on steals.

7 more years of him to endure! Ugh.

Mets took heat on Scherzer and Verlander deals however this was the grandioso of Cohen mistakes !

Too many years and too much $ for a player of his caliber.

How in the hell Narvaez starting and playing as much as Alvarez? And what's with the manager throwing play under the bus when criticizing the team's lack of fundies? What's spring training for?
Posted it a few days ago. This Mendoza guy is not a MLB Caliber Manager.
My Yankee friends gag when reminded he’s a manager.

Lindor Watch : .032 Average. 0-5 today.

Still obstructs the base on steals.

7 more years of him to endure! Ugh.

Mets took heat on Scherzer and Verlander deals however this was the grandioso of Cohen mistakes !

Too many years and too much $ for a player of his caliber.
Lindor will end of HOF and one of the best Met players ever...Hard start to a season though

Please send numbers to help hotlines

Just watched Mets implode , so I’ve decided to watch the devils immediately after.

Basketball game on other TV

Lack of fundies is right.

No need to go over the first-and-third double steal. The Mets looked like little leaguers. The ball off of McNeil’s glove early in the game with the infield in was on him. He didn’t even start to set himself until Severino was halfway through his windup, and so he was off balance when he started to move to field the ball. On the slow bounder toward Baty in the Reds big inning, Baty has limited range and maybe doesn’t know he’s allowed to get his uniform dirty. Lindor for some reason moved to cover second even though McNeil had that responsibility, so everyone was left to watch the ball roll slowly into the shallow outfield grass. I don’t know where Pete was standing for the cutoff that got away but he shouldn’t have allowed the mound to get in the way of his fielding the throw in. At least Pete has no problem getting his uniform dirty, though.

You work on these things in spring training. Or maybe you don’t.

I can take losing when the bats are cold. But if the team doesn’t seem on task or is conceding outs on the bases, it’s much harder to take.

After eight games, Alvarez has started six - five C, one DH. Narvaez has started three. Remember they played one doubleheader.

Alvarez will catch 70-75% of the games.

After eight games, Alvarez has started six - five C, one DH. Narvaez has started three. Remember they played one doubleheader.

Alvarez will catch 70-75% of the games.
3 too many. Not much better than Nido. This nickel and dime approach will turn off a lot of fans. People can't live with subpar players and management tells you they haven't grown in the towel. Add you have a manager who is not MLB ready. That just compounds the situation.

3 too many. Not much better than Nido. This nickel and dime approach will turn off a lot of fans. People can't live with subpar players and management tells you they haven't grown in the towel. Add you have a manager who is not MLB ready. That just compounds the situation.
IF the Mets suck this season (which is by no means certain)...

AND if at season end, you make a list of the Top Five reasons why they sucked...

I guaran-damn-tee you that Omar Narvaez will not make the list. Backup catchers never do.

BTW, Narvaez makes $7M this year. For a backup catcher, that's not exactly nickel and diming.

FUBO TV is dropping SNY just like YouTube TV did. That seems to just leave Hulu (which I hate) as a streaming option. Anyone know other options that are not cable?

IF the Mets suck this season (which is by no means certain)...

AND if at season end, you make a list of the Top Five reasons why they sucked...

I guaran-damn-tee you that Omar Narvaez will not make the list. Backup catchers never do.

BTW, Narvaez makes $7M this year. For a backup catcher, that's not exactly nickel and diming.
Doc, my issue is the organization is right back to what we all dislike, the Coupon style of underachieving but selling the fans BS. A few years ago, the NY Rangers came right out and told the fans that they were rebuilding. People and the media act like that's impossible for any team in NY to say and do. Fans will accept it as long as you are upfront with them. The Rangers did it, and now, they have a very good team that can compete for the Stanley Cup. Conversely, the Mets are just the opposite and still want fans to buy the BS. Either sh*t or get off the pot. I'll ride with you as long as you are truthful. I've ridden with this team for 50 years, but I don't like being lied to and expected to be okay with it. I'm frustrated, and that's why I responded so harshly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
I don't think Mets management is lying to us. They've never said that this is a team that can win 100 games or win the division. What Cohen has said is that the goal is to make the playoffs. He never promised or predicted that the team would do that. He just said that's the goal. That's a pretty low bar.

You are right, the Mets have never said they are rebuilding. Because they're not. Certainly not in the "tear it down and start over" sense, as some teams have successfully done.

If you believe that the Mets SHOULD be doing a full rebuild, that is a fair opinion and a fair discussion.

Last edited:
FUBO TV is dropping SNY just like YouTube TV did. That seems to just leave Hulu (which I hate) as a streaming option. Anyone know other options that are not cable?
Does Fubo have MSG? I was thinking of dropping Hulu for fubo to get msg for Knicks and devils. But now I guess that option is out.

Please tell me when the Wilpons had the highest payroll in baseball multiple years in a row. To even compare Cohen to them is unfair.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT