ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Lopez had 23 saves two years ago and made the all-star team. Had a bad year last year, which is why he was available at a Dollar Store price (relatively speaking). Mets are of course hoping for a bounce back. We shall see.
Rough start, but smooth finish. Thanks for pointing out the All Star appearance. A quick look at his career stats did not indicate All Star caliber. Let's hope he returns to All Star form.

See, it's always darkest before the dawn. Kept saying they'll right the ship and Steve Cohen won't throw away 2024. Four out of the last 5, here's to a big hope we take 2 of the next 3. That would be something.Time for the faint of heart fans to get back on board,
New York City Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Just heard on the WFAN, JD Martinez needs more time because his body is sore. No shit, maybe he thought the Mets were going to pay him by the pound!

April 8 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) -
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - Injured
  3. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 0/4, .132/.386
  4. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (High A Brooklyn) -
  5. Christian Scott RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Low A St. Lucie) -
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) -
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) -
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 10.13, L(0-2)
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Extended Spring Training) -
  13. Brandon Sproat RHP (High A Brooklyn) -
  14. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  15. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  16. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) -
  17. Yovanny Rodriguez C (Extended Spring Training) -
  18. Tyler Stuart RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  19. Nolan McLean RHP/DH (High A Brooklyn) -
  20. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) -
  21. Jesus Baez SS/2B (Low A St. Lucie) -
  22. Calvin Ziegler RHP (High A Brooklyn) -
  23. Wilfredo Lara OF/3B (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured
  24. Nate Lavender LHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  25. Boston Baro SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - Injured
  26. Nick Morabito OF (Low A St. Lucie) -
  27. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  28. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  29. Saul Garcia RHP (Low A St. Lucie) -
  30. Rhylan Thomas OF (AA Binghamton) -

Bench was just being nice. Grote was an excellent defensive catcher, but Bench was the best catcher I've ever seen....could throw you out from his knees.
I remember when he would come up to bat, Grote would always reach down and collect some dirt from the batters box and rub it between his hands. Then he would adjust his helmet and choke up a bit on the bat as he got set in the batters box.

Reactions: LeapinLou
I remember when he would come up to bat, Grote would always reach down and collect some dirt from the batters box and rub it between his hands. Then he would adjust his helmet and choke up a bit on the bat as he got set in the batters box.
The thing I remember most about Grote is his rolling the ball toward the mound at the end of an inning and making sure that it stopped on the far side of the mound from the opponent's dugout. He wanted the opposing pitcher to walk farther to get to it. Competitor.

It is weird to me how any pro athlete is sore from doing what they have done every year for 20 years. Wasn’t he doing any sort of baseball activities as he was waiting to sign?
I agree, no wonder it took so long to get a buyer,lol. I had high hopes he'd finally be the answer to the Mets black hole,otherwise known as the DH position.

• Haha
Reactions: superfan01
This is proof positive that the Mets have not. They signed Teheran for a guaranteed $3M, decided immediately that they made a mistake, and cut their losses.
So you are telling me that signing Julio Teheran as opposed to the free agent pitchers that were available in the off season is tantamount to ownership being all in on 2024. I respectfully disagree!

I know its more noticeable when you watch a team 162 times a year

Mets need to find out how to avoid 0-20 slumps

0-10 happens all the time to the greatest hitters

Constantly having guys in 0-20 1-25 slumps just can’t happen , Mets need to try anything , even trying some of the Rutgers message board legendary cure alls ……

Meditate
Day Off after going 0-12
No BP
Extra BP
Hypnotized
Hookers
Blow
Oxy

Pete is 0-19 on the road trip and looks like he has never swung a bat , this is after hitting a 2 iron laser beam game saving HR 5 days ago

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
I suspect that Dedniel Nunez' Mets career (or at least this initial phase of it) will last exactly four days. Butto is eligible to be called back up on Saturday, which is when the Mets will need a starter.

Reactions: Unionst
I know its more noticeable when you watch a team 162 times a year

Mets need to find out how to avoid 0-20 slumps

0-10 happens all the time to the greatest hitters

Constantly having guys in 0-20 1-25 slumps just can’t happen , Mets need to try anything , even trying some of the Rutgers message board legendary cure alls ……

Meditate
Day Off after going 0-12
No BP
Extra BP
Hypnotized
Hookers
Blow
Oxy

Pete is 0-19 on the road trip and looks like he has never swung a bat , this is after hitting a 2 iron laser beam game saving HR 5 days ago
Remember some of our managers that only gave games off after a guy got 3 or more hits in a game- Nimmo would have been sitting today lol

This is proof positive that the Mets have not. They signed Teheran for a guaranteed $3M, decided immediately that they made a mistake, and cut their losses.
Was non-guaranteed $2.5 million with a pro-rated portion based on rostered days. Paid him $54K.

So you are telling me that signing Julio Teheran as opposed to the free agent pitchers that were available in the off season is tantamount to ownership being all in on 2024. I respectfully disagree!
Never said the Mets were all in on 2024. I will say that they are not punting on the season. There is a lot of room between those two extremes.

Reactions: Zak57
Don't be an ass! You know damn well I am referring to the lack of activity in the free agent marketplace subsequent to last season.
I felt they were punting with the hopes to get lucky until they signed JD. Then, it looked more like that were willing to at least try to get into the playoffs

Don't be an ass! You know damn well I am referring to the lack of activity in the free agent marketplace subsequent to last season.
The only context to your otherwise mysterious statement was that it followed two posts about the release of Teheran. So now you're saying that your post had nothing to do with the release of Teheran but instead was a reaction to not signing free agents last off season. OK. It's more than a little late, but have at it.

Lack of activity? They signed two free agent starters and acquired a third via trade.

Did carrying $65M in dead money, and being in the 110% tax bracket, affect Cohen's free agent strategy this year? Yeah, I am sure it did. Can you blame him?

The only context to your otherwise mysterious statement was that it followed two posts about the release of Teheran. So now you're saying that your post had nothing to do with the release of Teheran but instead was a reaction to not signing free agents last off season. OK. It's more than a little late, but have at it.
He got the part about you being an ass right. But yeah, he needs to check his meds. :)

• Haha
Here we go with the JD. At least Stewart finally did something yesterday, for some salve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT