ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

We should be grateful that the Astros bullpen took some major hits in the offseason. If we can work counts against their starters we might be able to beat them this year.

Two and 0 to start the season in Houston. Pitching leading the way.
And, of course, Oswaldo Cabrera.

Hopefully the starting pitching can make it to the 6th inning soon.

Otherwise...at least a split in Houston is a darn good start.

The one thing Cashman deserves big credit for is his ability to find relievers that become great without needing to break the bank to do so. I agree the starting pitching needs to get more innings in, but it's not critical with a strong bullpen.

Rodon certainly walked the tight rope last night. Needs to do better but kept getting out of jams. 87 pitches 57 strikes in 4.1 innings.

Rodon certainly walked the tight rope last night. Needs to do better but kept getting out of jams. 87 pitches 57 strikes in 4.1 innings.
he did what he needed to do to get the Yanks through it but man, you are right, he has to do better because having that many guys on base will blow up on him eventually. All those walks and the Astro's get just 1 run. But, these are also the games you do need over a long year.

As if the worries about Cole's health and Judge's as well isn't enough, the Yankees get to start the reguar season with four games at Houston. Not ideal way to kick things off.
It looks to have worked out pretty good for the start of the season.

Last edited:
Great start for Stroman. This Soto guy can play a little too.
Early afternoon game today. Looking forward to relaxing and watching.

Just picked up tickets behind Yankees dugout for Fenway in July. So much cheaper to see them up here. No fees on tickets either straight off their mlb site.

Reactions: zappaa
Happy to say i was there Friday and Saturday nights! Tons of Yankee fans. My son lives in Houston and he marvels at how uneducated the Astros fans are. It is funny at the things their fans cheer for.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Happy to say i was there Friday and Saturday nights! Tons of Yankee fans. My son lives in Houston and he marvels at how uneducated the Astros fans are. It is funny at the things their fans cheer for.
Astros seem to be losing a lot of home games in recent history.
Awesome way for the Yanks to start their season.
Now we need Judge to get rolling.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Astros seem to be losing a lot of home games in recent history.
Awesome way for the Yanks to start their season.
Now we need Judge to get rolling.
it's nice that the Yankees can get off to this start without Judge giving anything. Though it certainly helps when two guys are killing it and the bullpen didn't give up a run. Keep it up!

Astros 10-0 no hitter tonight. Nice reprieve for an Astros fan after a brutal weekend series.

Yanks great start...5-0...all road games.
Volpe with four hits...half of the Yanks total for the game.
Gil quality start...pitching overall has been great.
And Soto looks to be a real key addition.

We should make predictions on this thread before the season starts that we can review at the end of the year. Total wins/Playoffs Yes or No/Playoff end result (if applicable)

I'm pretty comfortable saying we will win more than 71 games this year.
I project 90 wins, but that's completely unscientific.

5-0 is great, bottom of the order and Soto have been great.
Gotta get 3-4-5 hitting…Rizzo and Stanton can’t be black holes all year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT