ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 PGA Tour thread. Update Bryson DeChambeau will not win the Player of the Year!! 🤣

Enjoyable round 1 except for too many Tiger live shots and he finishes at +8.
Weather was more like Scotland today unlike the gorgeous weather during the Scottish Open and most of this weeks practice rounds.
Similar weather tomorrow than rain possibly Saturday and Sunday.
17 players currently under par with most having finished. No one is running away but plenty have eliminated themselves so far. Rory, Cameron Smith, Fowler to name a few
Royal Troon is a great course for the Open!

Things tightening up after Lowry's double on #8 (is that a trademark infringement?)

Enjoyable round 1 except for too many Tiger live shots and he finishes at +8.
Weather was more like Scotland today unlike the gorgeous weather during the Scottish Open and most of this weeks practice rounds.
Similar weather tomorrow than rain possibly Saturday and Sunday.
17 players currently under par with most having finished. No one is running away but plenty have eliminated themselves so far. Rory, Cameron Smith, Fowler to name a few
Royal Troon is a great course for the Open!
Rory just abysmal this week. Basically shot the same as a certain other fellow who plays golf 6 times a year and has more hardware than an Ace.

Tomorrow will be fun. Leaderboard got really bunched up towards the end of the 3rd round. I’d love to see Herschel get a major.

Reactions: RuSnp
Rory just abysmal this week. Basically shot the same as a certain other fellow who plays golf 6 times a year and has more hardware than an Ace.
He wasn't good for sure. He was so far back he said screw the layout and wind and went driver every Par 4 and 5 Friday. Didn't work any better.

What a crazy week when one day they're hitting 400+ yard drives and the next couldn't get 270.

Tomorrow will be fun. Leaderboard got really bunched up towards the end of the 3rd round. I’d love to see Herschel get a major.

I am still trying to figure out what Lowry was pissed about on the railway hole. He made some comment about someone standing in the middle of the fairway but I am confused by that. And was he mad at the camera guy who helped stop his ball from running even further into the rough, possibly the gourse?

Great leaderboard. Even par or better has shot. Some throw back names with today’s top players mixed in. Course is playing hard. Should be good.

Reactions: knightfan7
I am still trying to figure out what Lowry was pissed about on the railway hole. He made some comment about someone standing in the middle of the fairway but I am confused by that. And was he mad at the camera guy who helped stop his ball from running even further into the rough, possibly the gourse?
Appears from the tee the marshall looked like he was in the fairway. He wasn't but was pretty close. I agree question would be whether he helped keep Lowry's ball from going deeper into the rough.

Lowry has been moaning and groaning since the guy found his ball he had attempted to declare lost and hit a provisional. He basically felt that cost him a double bogey.

Reactions: Ty Webb
No rain yet, winds not as bad as Friday so someone should be able shoot low.
Rahm 3 under after 3 holes.
Now just 3 back.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
No rain yet, winds not as bad as Friday so someone should be able shoot low.
Rahm 3 under after 3 holes.
Now just 3 back.
Good to hear about the weather. The first 3 rounds were all about who plays the least bad. Lots of good players s the bed.

Congrats to Xander. Def champion golfer of the year. Feel bad for Rose because he played really well. Glad to see Rahm finally playing well. He was having a terrible year.

Schauffele is a guy who could start piling up some majors the next few years now that’s he gotten two under his belt. When on he doesn’t have many flaws - can drive it, touch around the greens, good putter.

Reactions: Section124
Schauffele is a guy who could start piling up some majors the next few years now that’s he gotten two under his belt. When on he doesn’t have many flaws - can drive it, touch around the greens, good putter.
XS is the #1 golfer of the year. 2 major wins earned him that distinction.

Reactions: Section124
XS is the #1 golfer of the year. 2 major wins earned him that distinction.
I don't think his only 2 wins(yes both Majors ) beats Scottie who has won the Masters, The Players, Arnie and Jack's tournament. 6 wins total. 7 if you want to count he destroyed the lying cop with his fake claims.
Plus the season isn't over and the FedEx Cup could be the difference.

Reactions: raritan1
I don't think his only 2 wins(yes both Majors ) beats Scottie who has won the Masters, The Players, Arnie and Jack's tournament. 6 wins total. 7 if you want to count he destroyed the lying cop with his fake claims.
Plus the season isn't over and the FedEx Cup could be the difference.
As long as golf remains fractured, only the majors count.

Agreed. He is so consistent as well. Only one to have Top 10 in all the majors.

As long as golf remains fractured, only the majors count.
Disagree. The Players is still the Players. Jack's tournament is huge. The LIV players knew the consequences. I don't watch many tournaments anymore but the Players, Jack's and Arnie's are must watch and mean something. Xander has two great wins but that's it. He has lost 6 times to Scotty.

It’s a close 1 & 2 between SS and XS. Don’t forget SS had an arrest during a tournament and becoming a new dad. Congrats to both.

It’s a close 1 & 2 between SS and XS. Don’t forget SS had an arrest during a tournament and becoming a new dad. Congrats to both.
Are the voters going to count the fake arrest against him??

Disagree. The Players is still the Players. Jack's tournament is huge. The LIV players knew the consequences. I don't watch many tournaments anymore but the Players, Jack's and Arnie's are must watch and mean something. Xander has two great wins but that's it. He has lost 6 times to Scotty.
XS = #1
Bryce = #2
Scottie the Criminal = #3

XS = #1
Bryce = #2
Scottie the Criminal = #3
Bryce??? You know he can't get a single vote right?? He's not on the tour dude. Plus he just shit the bed at The Open!
You also should know Scottie isn't a criminal and the Judge called the cop crimes allegations fiction.

Did Scottie have a missed cut? Let’s call it T-81 to be generous. Scottie got arrested and still finished T-41.
Did Scottie also finished 2nd in a major?

BDeC - 1st, 2nd, 6th, CUT
SS - 1st, 7th, 8th, 41st and Arrested

Bryson wins the year.

Bryson wins the year.
I missed this so apologies - but why the hate for SS? Is it OK for me to like SS, BC, and XS?

Reactions: WhiteBus
I missed this so apologies - but why the hate for SS? Is it OK for me to like SS, BC, and XS?
As a golfer and personality, SS is vanilla. Pretty dull. Nothing wrong with that but s'ing on SS for BC drives the LIV haters nuts like Jtung, which is fun to do.

But honestly, I do believe BC had the better year at majors.

As a golfer and personality, SS is vanilla. Pretty dull. Nothing wrong with that but s'ing on SS for BC drives the LIV haters nuts like Jtung, which is fun to do.

Huh?? So your stance is on personality not talent??

This is the weakest defense you could have possibly put forward, congratulations.

Huh?? So your stance is on personality not talent??
Reread the posts. Hate for SS is about not doing as well in the majors as BC, being dull, and driving LIV haters nuts. All 3 are important factors.

1, 2, 6 > 1, 7, 8

Cut vs. Arrest? Not sure about that one.
I guess you are just going to pretend he didn’t show up for the Open. To be fair, he didn’t. Scottie made 100 percent cuts this year. BD made 3 of 4 for 75%. Good thingLIV don’t have cuts.

I guess you are just going to pretend he didn’t show up for the Open. To be fair, he didn’t. Scottie made 100 percent cuts this year. BD made 3 of 4 for 75%. Good thingLIV don’t have cuts.
Cuts? That's what that matters to you. LOL!
BD had 3 of the 4 best finishes between the two. Pretty simple.

Cuts? That's what that matters to you. LOL!
BD had 3 of the 4 best finishes between the two. Pretty simple.
Check your math genius

ETA cuts means you are playing so poorly, you don’t deserve to show up for the weekend. Yeah, it’s kind of important.

Bryson wins the year.
This could be your dumbest post ever and that's saying something given the competition. They each won one major. After that, they were both in the top ten twice, which is pretty damn good. But the difference is BD missed a cut, while SS's worst finish was 41st, which blows MC away, despite being wrongfully arrested. And the math for the non-winning majors is an avg of about 29 for BD and 19 for SS (assuming the MC is roughly #80). Case closed, SS had a better year in the majors and a way better year overall, so far.

This could be your dumbest post ever and that's saying something given the competition. They each won one major. After that, they were both in the top ten twice, which is pretty damn good. But the difference is BD missed a cut, while SS's worst finish was 41st, which blows MC away, despite being wrongfully arrested. And the math for the non-winning majors is an avg of about 29 for BD and 19 for SS (assuming the MC is roughly #80). Case closed, SS had a better year in the majors and a way better year overall, so far.
Having trouble with numbers? 2 and 6 is better than 7 and 8. Not complicated.
1 Tie
2 Wins for BD
1 Win for SS
Case closed, BD had a better year in the majors and that's all that matters while golf is divided.

Having trouble with numbers? 2 and 6 is better than 7 and 8. Not complicated.
1 Tie
2 Wins for BD
1 Win for SS
Case closed, BD had a better year in the majors and that's all that matters while golf is divided.
You're the only one I know who is making such a tortured argument. Wins matter way more than anything else and they're tied on that. After that any ranking system is going to look at average finish and for that SS is well ahead.

You're the only one I know who is making such a tortured argument. Wins matter way more than anything else and they're tied on that. After that any ranking system is going to look at average finish and for that SS is well ahead.
How about we send SS a letter asking if he would rather finish 2nd and 6th in the next 2 majors or 7th and 8th. LOL! At least you are now saying they are tied. That's progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT