ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OJ Died

Reactions: Kbee3
It's funny - you look back now at some of those stats- Staubach/Bradshaw - even Elway and Montana- I would bet that their stats would pale to 80% of current starting QB's. And outside of Mahomes- would you take any of the current guys over the 4 I mentioned.
The rules for what a d-back can and can't do in coverage have changed a lot since Staubach's day.
Frankly, I don't know how those guys are supposed to cover wideouts in today's game. You could get away with a lot more back then.

The rules for what a d-back can and can't do in coverage have changed a lot since Staubach's day.
Frankly, I don't know how those guys are supposed to cover wideouts in today's game. You could get away with a lot more back then.
It wasn’t even that long ago that things changed. Remember those clips from the Colts - Patriots AFC Championship a while back where the Patriots DB was practically tackling the WR within the first five yards?

Reactions: miket007
It wasn’t even that long ago that things changed. Remember those clips from the Colts - Patriots AFC Championship a while back where the Patriots DB was practically tackling the WR within the first five yards?
dang- look at our own team in 2006 and how our defense legally put almost every QB we faced out of the game...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT