ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Oklahoma State RB Chuba Hubbard says he's sitting out... doesn't specify how long

Status
Not open for further replies.
OAN is fake news.
It actually makes Fox look not so extreme.
It's main guy's catch phrase is "Even when I'm wrong I'm right."
When I first bumped into OAN I thought it was a parody of a news channel....it sorta is.
Fox news isnt extreme. They just have certain people who are extreme, like Hannity.

and if course OAN is fake news..... They disagree with you.

Sean Gleeson and Greg should be on the phone with Chuba:

tenor.gif

While I don't disagree, let's keep it apolitical and say that no FBS head football coach wearing an OAN t-shirt is making a strong statement in favor of good judgment.

very odd statement considering that OAN basically got the Mueller/Russia hoax right while cnn and ny times used fake narratives. Apply the standards across the board. Personally i only check out OAN on a few occasion as they have got ahead of their skis a few times on stories...meanwhile cnn and nytimes also have lied for 4 years as well. So personally I dont see OAN as any different that CNN.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Asked my oldest son (19), who is fairly tuned into these types of things, and he had no idea. Then asked my 17 year old son, and he replied that OAN is a really bad, biased news network. So, some young people know and care. A young person who cares about and is passionate about politics is not necessarily a bad thing.

Never said he shouldn’t care.

But if he cared that much then he should have asked his head coach what his political beliefs were way before this.

Reactions: dvb91
The guy who is sweating right now is Gundy, not Hubbard.

I think you'll see some major back-walking by Gundy in real short order.

of course because its bowing to the mob..he will be cancelled because mobs and leftists in charge of university have declared any deviation from the company line to be racist....remember that RU professor who wrote hateful vile racist tweets...isnt she still around, its because a different standard is applied to her

He is totally within his right to do so...

...as is OSU with kickin him off the team or render him irrelevant. Bad move for the supposed best RB coming out after this season!

they wont kick him off because they cant and the backlash if far worse...see why current events boards have been cancelled

Quitters be quitting

RU fans saw that with Blacksheer

True but Chuba seems to have teammates backing him on this issue. Much bigger problem if it’s many players involved rather than just one player.

Does the OSU HC have a history of problems with his players?

True but Chuba seems to have teammates backing him on this issue. Much bigger problem if it’s many players involved rather than just one player.

Does the OSU HC have a history of problems with his players?

it raises a question, are Republican leaning coaches going to have to resign in this new era of change...I bet there is more to this story than a OAN shirt

From the Wikipedia page of OAN, which if true, is not good. People watch this nonsense?

Killing of George Floyd protests

Main article: George Floyd protests
In June 2020, during protests against racism and police brutality in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, OANN reporter Jack Posobiec falsely claimed that there were pipe bombs planted at the Korean War Memorial in Washington D.C., and that "federal assets [were] in pursuit". There were no pipe bombs, nor is there any evidence that any "federal assets" pursued it.[84]
Buffalo police shoving incident

Main article: Buffalo police shoving incident
That same month, OANN claimed without evidence that an elderly protester who had been brutally injured by police "was attempting to capture the radio communications signature of Buffalo police officers."[64] The OANN, again without evidence, linked the man to the Antifa movement. President Trump later posted a tweet alleging the protester "could be an ANTIFA provocateur", referencing OANN's unfounded conspiracy theory.[58][85][86]
The journalist behind OANN's story was Kristian Rouz.[63] Rouz himself did not provide any evidence, only referring to a report by The Conservative Treehouse, a right-wing blog,[87] which describes itself as a "Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits".[64]

Reactions: NotInRHouse
From the Wikipedia page of OAN, which if true, is not good. People watch this nonsense?

In June 2020, during protests against racism and police brutality in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, OANN reporter Jack Posobiec falsely claimed that there were pipe bombs planted at the Korean War Memorial in Washington D.C., and that "federal assets [were] in pursuit". There were no pipe bombs, nor is there any evidence that any "federal assets" pursued it.[84]

That same month, OANN claimed without evidence that an elderly protester who had been brutally injured by police "was attempting to capture the radio communications signature of Buffalo police officers."[64] The OANN, again without evidence, linked the man to the Antifa movement. President Trump later posted a tweet alleging the protester "could be an ANTIFA provocateur", referencing OANN's unfounded conspiracy theory.[58][85][86]
The journalist behind OANN's story was Kristian Rouz.[63] Rouz himself did not provide any evidence, only referring to a report by The Conservative Treehouse, a right-wing blog,[87] which describes itself as a "Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits".[64]

Who knows if factual or not but no different than the NY Slimes, CNN, WA Post, Who all have lied and their main job is political activism

Reactions: Postman_1
very odd statement considering that OAN basically got the Mueller/Russia hoax right while cnn and ny times used fake narratives. Apply the standards across the board. Personally i only check out OAN on a few occasion as they have got ahead of their skis a few times on stories...meanwhile cnn and nytimes also have lied for 4 years as well. So personally I dont see OAN as any different that CNN.

and there is also no evidence that Trump was an agent of Russia, along with Trump associates, yet that didnt stop cnn, msnbc, ny times, wa post, abc from saying so....so yeah bring up OAN but they are no different than anyone else

and again I dont consume OAN because they are sketchy with things but again no different than other lying msm

Getting tired of this. The Cancel Culture is just another way of shouting down your opposition and stripping them of their 1st Amendment rights. This 'sit down' protest over a relatively innocuous shirt? Ridiculous. Shame that everything is becoming political.

They were pushing the Seth Rich conspiracy to lead off every newscast, well after FOX made Hannity stop.

They also pushed a theory Bill Gates, George Soros, and the "deep state" were responsible for Covid19 as a means of population control.

Getting tired of this. The Cancel Culture is just another way of shouting down your opposition and stripping them of their 1st Amendment rights. This 'sit down' protest over a relatively innocuous shirt? Ridiculous. Shame that everything is becoming political.

It's going to ruin one of the few remaining escapes in society, sports.

Attendance, donations to schools will decrease

They were pushing the Seth Rich conspiracy to lead off every newscast, well after FOX made Hannity stop.

They also pushed a theory Bill Gates, George Soros, and the "deep state" were responsible for Covid19 as a means of population control.
I'm sure its a crap news network, but that's not the point, we've now dictating what you can and can't watch, it's insanity.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan

they want you to think exactly like them and now they are using universities and using athletes as a way to do it. I have no issue with any athlete protesting or being part of a movement, that is their right but now I see a school like Rutgers actually officially endorsing political movements, that is going into territory that perhaps is best left alone, just my opinion

Reactions: Spare130
To be fair, no one wearing an OAN t-shirt is making a strong statement in favor of good judgment.
People will eventually find fault in anything and everything. This game can be played to the beginning of humanity. Then it'll be time to start rewriting the history books to fit the new narrative.

Yup. Slowly our rights are being taken away not just the right of free speech. The end result will be total reliance on the government. Venezuela here we come. Other countries are laughing at us but it’s not because of Trump...quite the contrary.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Go to the Content section, read it, and review the responses in this thread if you’re interested in seeing why the CE board was removed.
Yeah, the left wing in here - like rest of American left wing - can't accept differing opinions from theirs so they had it closed down. Don't act like their wasn't a campaign to close it down by lefty members, it's well documented that there was.

You must be happy for the first time in days. Finally somewhere to post your crap even if it's only for an hour.

Don't worry about college teams endorsing candidates. You'll still have Liberty and of course Trump University.

I see you need your fix too...good times even if its just for an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT