ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Oklahoma State RB Chuba Hubbard says he's sitting out... doesn't specify how long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not playing. From a purely football standpoint, "why" is irrelevant. Any college football coach who is not a dumbass would know better than to be photographed in that shirt. Given that Gundy did not know better, we can logically infer that he is a dumbass.

If I were an FBS football coach, and 70% of my players and recruits were Jewish, I sure as fvck wouldn't allow myself to be photographed in a T-shirt bearing the Palestinian flag. Even if that's where my principled beliefs lay. Not if I expected to keep my job.

And with that I am out. No further questions.

really OAN is now a hate group...why the reaction...please i will wait for the answer here

If you don’t think that OANN is far right conspiracy newsletter then I feel bad for you. Even trump uses them to push outrageous and debunked theories. Google 75 year old Buffalo man and OANN.

Show me. I linked hier page.

I think cancel culture is a problem, but i also think OAN is a sham. Middle ground, nuance, not everything is black and white.
I'm more than sure they're a sham or whatever we want to call them, I've never even tried to defending them, just defending the right to watch them without getting your life destroyed over it.

Reactions: dvb91
I'm more than sure they're a sham or whatever we want to call them, I've never even tried to defending them, just defending the right to watch them without getting your life destroyed over it.
Im not the one calling for Gundys job, it was Chuba and his teammates. Sure he can watch whatever he wants, but he is a public figure.

Asked my oldest son (19), who is fairly tuned into these types of things, and he had no idea. Then asked my 17 year old son, and he replied that OAN is a really bad, biased news network. So, some young people know and care. A young person who cares about and is passionate about politics is not necessarily a bad thing.
Let me guess your son is an institutional indoctrinated liberal, who thinks CNN is real news

Im not the one calling for Gundys job, it was Chuba and his teammates. Sure he can watch whatever he wants, but he is a public figure.
With this comment you don't seem that bothered by the cancelled culture at all, just an honest assessment.

really OAN is now a hate group...why the reaction...please i will wait for the answer here
Does this help?

Nope, not playing. From a purely football standpoint, "why" is irrelevant. Any college football coach who is not a dumbass would know better than to be photographed in that shirt. Given that Gundy did not know better, we can logically infer that he is a dumbass.

If I were an FBS football coach, and 70% of my players and recruits were Palestinian, I sure as fvck wouldn't allow myself to be photographed in a T-shirt bearing the Israeli flag. Even if that's where my principled beliefs lay. Not if I expected to keep my job.

Does this help?

If I were an FBS football coach, and 70% of my players and recruits were Palestinian, I sure as fvck wouldn't allow myself to be photographed in a T-shirt bearing the Israeli flag. Even if that's where my principled beliefs lay. Not if I expected to keep my job.

False equivalency.

Does this help?

you already posted that and what do Jews and Palestine have to do with any of this'

again are you accusing OAN of being a racist hate news organization..yes or no

Let me guess your son is an institutional indoctrinated liberal, who thinks CNN is real news
giphy.gif

Reactions: NotInRHouse
With this comment you don't seem that bothered by the cancelled culture at all, just an honest assessment.
Chuba and his teammates have every right to question and challenge the man they call their coach and leader. I didn't say i hope he gets fired and cancelled. Which is wear i believe cancel culture goes too far, it doesn't allow for the growth or change in thinking. I hope Gundy can reflect and grow from this process.

OAN is fake news.
It actually makes Fox look not so extreme.
It's main guy's catch phrase is "Even when I'm wrong I'm right."
When I first bumped into OAN I thought it was a parody of a news channel....it sorta is.
Funny when people call Fox News extreme and then go watch CNN and MSNBC...pinwheels in the eyes.

Reactions: bac2therac
Chuba and his teammates have every right to question and challenge the man they call their coach and leader. I didn't say i hope he gets fired and cancelled. Which is wear i believe cancel culture goes too far, it doesn't allow for the growth or change in thinking. I hope Gundy can reflect and grow from this process.
But we're instilling this belief in their generation that all viewpoints are not welcomed, but it's not going to bother you if he does get fired is the sense I'm getting and more importantly the message we're sending out. No one on the left is doing the right thing.

But we're instilling this belief in their generation that all viewpoints are not welcomed, but it's not going to bother you if he does get fired is the sense I'm getting and more importantly the message we're sending out. No one on the left is doing the right thing.
Gundy is wearing a news network that has gone out of their way to call BLM a criminal organization, has gone out of their way to organize counter protests, you dont think if you were a young black man in Chuba's position you might have a problem with your coach supporting that?

let me guess your son thinks cnn is fake news?
He's smart, he said OAN, FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC are all terrible and biased. Just like his Dad.
One of the best news and politics discussion sources out there is Sagar and Krystal on The Hill Rising. Hope for the future--two people with opposing viewpoints who agree more than they disagree without any name-calling or shaming.
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising

Reactions: Wolv RU
Gundy is wearing a news network that has gone out of their way to call BLM a criminal organization, has gone out of their way to organize counter protests, you dont think if you were a young black man in Chuba's position you might have a problem with your coach supporting that?
That's the network's stance on BLM or was this an opinion shared by one of their hosts? Because crazy crap comes out of every single damn media outlet in the country.

BLM is on video chanting PIGS IN BLANKET FRY EM LIKE BACON... they also were shouting ALL COPS ARE BASTARDS last week on cnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT