ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Oscar Worthy Excess Celebrations

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Do refs in basketball, football, baseball, soccer ever call this anymore? EG the question that is being asked re.: the Warriors includes a view of the bench with Curry emoting: is this really necessary?

It's sort of like the announcers who raise their voices as the play is starting to develop, and then announce Touchdown, TOUCHDOWN, FILL IN THE BLANK STATE! UNBELLIEVEABLE!! While the player is either posing or flashing some sort of religious thanks (G'd only helps our team / "me") or street hip signs to gain street cred or whatever.

IMO both the announcers / the players are tired, trite and freaking boring. How about a return to Old school...let the play speak for itself: see/ listen to Vin Scully when Gibson hobbled up in 1988 WS on 1 leg and hit the game winning home run off the Eck on a 9th inning 2 out, 3-2 count (listen to the silence...and YES, Gibson did celebrate, but this was a MEMORABLE moment in WS history: not just another AB.

It seems like every sport has every player OVER ACTING THEIR EMOTIONS ON EVERY FREAKING PLAY.
And the best HAMMY goes to ...for best emotional display during a preseason double elimination professional curling exhibition.

Imo this conduct (announcers / more so players) detracts from the game and lessens the accomplishment ... especially when in the next play results in an equally UNBELIEVEABLE play.

Whew....glad i got that off my chest.

MO

Reactions: BossNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News