ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Remember the Mammouth Car?

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
332052407_1350774529055800_6591709326945959903_n.jpg

If you were a fan of the cartoon "Speed Racer" then you can't forget this episode. The Mammoth Car has entered the (No Limit World Race). How did they ever get away with calling this thing a car?

Reactions: Section124

If you were a fan of the cartoon "Speed Racer" then you can't forget this episode. The Mammoth Car has entered the (No Limit World Race). How did they ever get away with calling this thing a car?
I remember the sound of the Mammoth Car!

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85

Because it's a car-toon.

LOL. And that sound it made as it drove by. It was awesome.

No Limit? Everything is a car.

You know what always bothered me? The Mach 5 would cut down trees in its path at high speed (OK I'll give them that) but it would have no trouble driving over the 100s of six inch tall tree stumps. Driving over the stumps always bothered me - but not the instant tree harvest. LOL

Speed and Trixie seemed to be goners for sure when they wound up in the deep drink.

Last edited:
That would make a great sound effect on my phone - like a text notification or something. BRB.
Haven't found the sound yet but here's some interesting details:

Cruncher Block LOLOL

The Mammoth Car

Appearing only in the anime, it is supposedly the largest racing vehicle in the world. Similar in design to an extremely long trailer truck, the Mammoth Car is mostly red and is built by infamous Speed Racer villain Cruncher Block. The Mammoth Car was built almost entirely of $50,000,000 in stolen gold bars, equal to $348,502,994 today. By entering it in 'The No Limit World Race', Cruncher wished to smuggle the gold out of the country. The Mammoth Car's main engine has 7,500 horsepower (5,600 kW). Each wheel also has an engine with 1,500 horsepower (1,100 kW). In total, the Mammoth Car has 30,000 horsepower (22,000 kW). It can travel at 500 mph (800 km/h), on any kind of road and on any kind of terrain. It makes screeching sounds reminiscent of Godzilla. It has magnetic brakes, and is over 200 yards (180 m) long, making the Mammoth Car one of the most interesting cars in the series. It was destroyed after it crashed into an oil refinery and it was melted into its original gold compound by the intense heat.

The Mammoth Car makes a small cameo in the 2008 film in the scene where Cruncher Block interrogates Taejo Togokhan (a character created just for the movie) after he resists Royalton Industries in the race fixing business. They were interrupted by Racer X, who battles the Mammoth and saves Taejo. The Mammoth Car in this movie is shown to have view ports for its drivers to shoot out of, just like in the original series, and is shown to fire missiles from its grill.

The Mammoth Car also makes an appearance along with Flash Marker Jr.'s X3 in Speed Racer: The Next Generation in the second and third episodes of "The Fast Track" saga as an enemy program of the show's virtual racing track. Although the Mammoth Car is rendered in CGI after its original anime design, the car is missing its grill and many other details that had appeared in the original anime. The Mammoth Car in this episode makes the same sound as it did in the anime, made when its headlights were turned on. It pays homage to the original series by using its signature attack of surrounding and circling a rival.

That would make a great sound effect on my phone - like a text notification or something. BRB.

Can't find the specific sound though it's rumored to be a real elephant sound. I'll try to rip it from the YT vid.

I honestly have no idea what the hell you people are talking about, and I know for a fact that @RUScrew85 and I are the same age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT