ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Anne Heche

No body is debating her mental health . Heche was deranged. Mentally deranged as it was quite evident when viewing her podcasts and past history with relationships. Some claim it was an attempt to end her life ? Maybe it was? She’s at peace now.
Not if she's reading this thread.

Reactions: Jm0513
I am reminded by this scene in Blazing Saddles, which is a comedy, but resonated, having known and been very close to at least a couple of addicts/alcoholics. Easy to judge from the outside, but hard to truly understand:

the-best-movie-lines-a-man-drink-like-that-and-26859561.png

Or the lyrics from the Alice in Chains song Junkhead:

"You can't understand a user's mind
But try with your books and degrees
If you let yourself go and opened your mind
I'll bet you'd be doing like me
And it ain't so bad"
Yes, unfortunately I’ve seen relatives, and friends struggle as well. Some didn’t make it out of the hole alive. My best friend committed suicide when she was 19. She was a heroin addict.
Thankfully the other people I know who survived are in recovery.
One day at a time as they say…they do recover!

Great lyrics from a great song. A talented man in such pain. We don’t know that pain. Thank God.

Anyway, I digress ..

This maybe an odd question, but what was she driving? A Mini Cooper?

Yes, unfortunately I’ve seen relatives, and friends struggle as well. Some didn’t make it out of the hole alive. My best friend committed suicide when she was 19. She was a heroin addict.
Thankfully the other people I know who survived are in recovery.
One day at a time as they say…they do recover!

Great lyrics from a great song. A talented man in such pain. We don’t know that pain. Thank God.

Anyway, I digress ..

This maybe an odd question, but what was she driving? A Mini Cooper?
Yeah, it was a Mini Cooper.
Are any questions odd after the back and forth above? 🤣
I'm also one to find something amusing in the face of tragedy. Not to laugh at anyone's suffering, but just to take a sad situation and try to make it a little easier to accept.

Reactions: Jm0513
Judgmental comments or facts ? She lived a life which was not private and the alcohol and drugs was well known. If the woman in that house had been injured or killed would you be posting and chastising others. No you wouldn’t . You would not care nor even know her name.

I'd like to ask everyone posting all their heartless judgemental comments that will be out there on the internet forever to take a moment and reflect that she leaves behind two sons, one of whom is only 12. They certainly don't deserve this from you.
03325bd7-703f-44e5-af43-e003836b434a_text.gif

Heartless mean comments sure, but honest comments about the reality of what she did, well maybe they need to know how folks think about putting other folks in danger.

She was a mess and had a tough childhood. That's sad. She selfishly put others at risk - that deserves criticism and pointing out.

There's more than one side to a story.

Hey man!

She’s lucky she didn’t kill someone. Speeding on drugs plowing into homes.

Yea not really gonna try and make her into a Saint.
Yet people are happy Saint Tiger is back on the golf course and swinging his clubs on TV. I'd say he is pretty lucky as well given his past driving exploits.

Reactions: brgRC90
They are at the point where after making a remake of Point Break, while a cult classic, was not worthy of remake, they are now doing a remake of Patrick Swayze's Roadhouse, which is sacrilege to me. It was a fine movie that deserved all of the academy awards in 1989.

I know. Remaking Road House is like remaking The Godfather or Citizen Kane. Some classics just shouldn't be touched.

I mean Road House had Bigfoot, karate, boobies, Patrick Swayze, Sam Elliot, Kathleen Wilhoite, Bigfoot and boobies! You can't touch that with a remake.

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
The woman is dead and her death was caused by an inexcusable choice she made.
Her past relationship with someone that some people might frown on that type of relationship shouldn't be a reason to look at Heche cross-eyed.
That relationship is long over and other relationships left 2 sons grieving over the loss of their mother.

She seemed to have some mental issues, too often those with mental problems don't seek the help they need.
That is a sham , because mental health is one issue that seems not to be considered as important then most other illnesses but when something happens the lack of getting help is used to condemn instead of trying to understand why help wasn't looked for

Too often the lack of getting treatment for a mental problem leads to suicide and not making sound decisions.
I can't say what others should feel, but without knowing anything about Heche, I'll just feel sorry that her life seemed a mess, her children lost their mother and wish she didn't make the choice that caused her to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Worm
I know. Remaking Road House is like remaking The Godfather or Citizen Kane. Some classics just shouldn't be touched.

I mean Road House had Bigfoot, karate, boobies, Patrick Swayze, Sam Elliot, Kathleen Wilhoite, Bigfoot and boobies! You can't touch that with a remake.

That's right. I said Bigfoot and boobies twice.

I really like Bigfoot and boobies.

Can't say what was Ben Gazarra's best performance--Road House as Brad Wesley or the Big Liebowski as Jackie Treehorn. You forgot Terry Funk and Jeff Healy. Brad Wesley's wife in Roadhouse was also in Point Break as the woman who went ape crap on Keanau Reeves in the raid in Point Break. Boobies there too.

Reactions: RUScrew85

and Sunshine Parker..."Calling me sir is like putting an elevator in an outhouse - don't belong."

Such a tough guy. Lack of empathy on this board is always amazing.

Empathy and whitewashing are two different things. You are willing to whitewash her actions because why? She's gay or famous or White? Try reading everything I posted and you'll see I'm fair and you're just slinging mud with the "tough guy" comment - whatever that's supposed to mean.

Therefor my Brittney post is on point.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Empathy and whitewashing are two different things. You are willing to whitewash her actions because why? She's gay or famous or White? Try reading everything I posted and you'll see I'm fair and you're just slinging mud with the "tough guy" comment - whatever that's supposed to mean.

Therefor my Brittney post is on point.
Temporarily gay.

Can't say what was Ben Gazarra's best performance--Road House as Brad Wesley or the Big Liebowski as Jackie Treehorn. You forgot Terry Funk and Jeff Healy. Brad Wesley's wife in Roadhouse was also in Point Break as the woman who went ape crap on Keanau Reeves in the raid in Point Break. Boobies there too.

LOL @ Wesley's wife doing the striptease at the Deuce for some reason like it was some sort of powerful statement or made sense in the script. What a great movie.

But thanks for the boobies!

Very rare, but one movie which I really enjoyed and which was an original idea was Free Guy.

Didn't see it - actually never heard of it.

I read somewhere there's only seven basic story plots in Western Literature (In Hollywood's defense (just a little)) but I don't have the literature schoolin' to really know that.

This woman does NOT deserve a thread on our boards. Sorry. May she RIP but screw her straight to hell. Another arrogant elitist Hollywood asshole destroying other people's lives.

I'd like to ask everyone posting all their heartless judgemental comments that will be out there on the internet forever to take a moment and reflect that she leaves behind two sons, one of whom is only 12. They certainly don't deserve this from you.
03325bd7-703f-44e5-af43-e003836b434a_text.gif
Maybe she should have thought about her 12-year old prior to getting behind the wheel. Screw her. Her children, on the other hand, deserve our sympathy and my heart goes out to them.

Last edited:
If you want any compassion from me don't endanger others in your destructive behavior.

I'm going to guess thousands if not millions of people are going through as much pain in life or worse and they neither get the headlines or their selfish, dangerous choices that endanger others forgiven.

Sorry this snowflake had a tough life, being famous, rich, beautiful and near the top of her chosen profession. But I'll weep for the millions of folks who toil through the same while poor, unrecognized and not a danger to others.
Well said.

If you want any compassion from me don't endanger others in your destructive behavior.
I don't think anyone here is expecting any compassion from you.
Having read many of your posts here, I doubt that compassion is one of your strong points.

LOL @ Wesley's wife doing the striptease at the Deuce for some reason like it was some sort of powerful statement or made sense in the script. What a great movie.

But thanks for the boobies!
wait what? she did this

As we put opur personal feelings in this thread, maybe adding hwer son's reaction would make Anne Heche more of a person than some feel she is.:

Eldest son Homer's reaction to the heartbreaking news for him and all that cared for his mother :
In a statement he expressed his family’s heartache amid his mother’s death .
“My brother Atlas and I lost our Mom. After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness. Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom,” Homer said.

Homer went on to thank “thousands of friends, family, and fans made their hearts known to me.”
“I am grateful for their love, as I am for the support of my Dad, Coley, and my stepmom Alexi who continue to be my rock during this time.”
“Rest In Peace Mom, I love you,” he concluded.

Reactions: brgRC90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT