ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Carole Cook

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Dead at 98. Most of us know her from Sixteen Candles as the grandmother who felt up Molly Ringwald but she appeared on many tv shows and movies and Broadway and was close friend of Lucille Ball

Last edited:
Reactions: TM94goRU
This leave Eva Marie Saint and Joyce Randolph at 98 as perhaps the oldest big Hollywood stars left

Last week I was watching an older (1938) version of "A Christmas Carol."
I was looking up the cast on Wiki and most of the cast was from 1800s
Actor playing the ghost of Christmas future was born in 1870
Reginald Own (Scrooge) was from 1887
I figured everyone from film was dead
Then I saw June Lockhart (Mom from 'Lost in Space') was in film playing Bob Cratchett's daughter.
She will be 98 in June

June Lockhart. Those of a certain age probably think "Lassie" or even "Petticoat Junction" before they also recognize "Lost in Space"

You can tell the 1965-1968 Lost in Space was aimed at kIds in a simpler time because we never saw Major Don West and Judy Robinson in a compromising situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUNVA
June Lockhart. Those of a certain age probably think "Lassie" or even "Petticoat Junction" before they also recognize "Lost in Space"

You can tell the 1965-1968 Lost in Space was aimed at kIds in a simpler time because we never saw Major Don West and Judy Robinson in a compromising situation.

Blame Bronx born Jonathan Harris/Dr Smith.

Originally the show was supposed to revolve around Lockhart and Guy Williams (who was the Zorro star).
Judy (Marta Kristen) and Don were supposed to develop a relationship
But fans were most fascinated by Dr Smith and he stole the show with Will and the robot.
Williams and Lockhart were somewhat disappointed (I heard in interview)
Kristen is on Facebook and very nice.
If the show was just about Judy I would have been happy

Blame Bronx born Jonathan Harris/Dr Smith.

Originally the show was supposed to revolve around Lockhart and Guy Williams (who was the Zorro star).
Judy (Marta Kristen) and Don were supposed to develop a relationship
But fans were most fascinated by Dr Smith and he stole the show with Will and the robot.
Williams and Lockhart were somewhat disappointed (I heard in interview)
Kristen is on Facebook and very nice.
If the show was just about Judy I would have been happy
Don't forget Angela Cartwright who played Penny Robinson. For many years also played Danny Thomas' daughter on "Make Room for Daddy".
In the months between that show and Lost in Space she was able to squeeze in a little project called "The Sound of Music" where she was one of the Von Trapp children.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Don't forget Angela Cartwright who played Penny Robinson. For many years also played Danny Thomas' daughter on "Make Room for Daddy".
In the months between that show and Lost in Space she was able to squeeze in a little project called "The Sound of Music" where she was one of the Von Trapp children.

Did u know the guy who went on to play Spiderman in the late 70s tv series also was a Von Trapp...Nicholas Hammond

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT