ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Jacklyn Zeman

My wife loved Santa Barbara with Robin Wright. I remember Dark Shadows being really popular. Other than that I have no idea about soaps.

Original bad girl always sticking up for Luke and trying to undermine Laura. A bit of a young Susan Sarandon in here role.

Reactions: ldwnmas
My wife loved Santa Barbara with Robin Wright. I remember Dark Shadows being really popular. Other than that I have no idea about soaps.
yes Barnabas Collins ...watched that but also General Hospital because every co-ed on campus was in the ledge or student center at 3pm for an hour.

Reactions: knightfan7
Dead of cancer at 70

Everyone will remember as Bobbie Spencer on General Hospital

I get where you are going... the ABC soaps were my mom's afternoon thing. When we got home from school (split sessions) we'd catch pieces here or there.. and the stories were so easy to follow... you could lose a year and next year the characters would mainly be the same in the same situations.

I still sometimes think of how the whole "Luke and Laura" saga would go over today... that "love story" started with him raping her.

As for "Bobby".. she was hot. That was about all that mattered to a teenage boy. But I still remember stopping and staring seeing Kate Mulgrew on Ryan's Hope.

Kate_Mulgrew.jpg

And people wonder why things are the way they are in 2023. Did not expect this many men to be fans of the afternoon soaps. Was mainly a women thing …Or so we thought. All possess male-female feelings …Yes , I know there are not only males who post here.

RIP. Back when I was in high school and college in the 80's, General Hospital was almost mandatory viewing. I also recall watching Ryan's Hope & All My Children. Those shows produced a lot of actor and actresses that went on to other shows.

My sisters used to hang out with Daniel Hugh Kelly growing up and my brother's best friend was a regular extra on All My Children. My cousin was also on Days of our Lives and Melrose Place (amongst other guest roles). I thought that was pretty cool back in the day.

Reactions: bac2therac
RIP. Back when I was in high school and college in the 80's, General Hospital was almost mandatory viewing. I also recall watching Ryan's Hope & All My Children. Those shows produced a lot of actor and actresses that went on to other shows.

My sisters used to hang out with Daniel Hugh Kelly growing up and my brother's best friend was a regular extra on All My Children. My cousin was also on Days of our Lives and Melrose Place (amongst other guest roles). I thought that was pretty cool back in the day.
I'd imagine it still is today.

I get where you are going... the ABC soaps were my mom's afternoon thing. When we got home from school (split sessions) we'd catch pieces here or there.. and the stories were so easy to follow... you could lose a year and next year the characters would mainly be the same in the same situations.

I still sometimes think of how the whole "Luke and Laura" saga would go over today... that "love story" started with him raping her.

As for "Bobby".. she was hot. That was about all that mattered to a teenage boy. But I still remember stopping and staring seeing Kate Mulgrew on Ryan's Hope.

Kate_Mulgrew.jpg
Lips too thin. Wouldn't.

She is a graduate of Bergenfield High School, and my drama teacher, god rest his soul, Marty Winkler’s star pupil. He always spoke highly of her. May she rest in peace.

Sure … you were a fan of the arts…

• Haha
Reactions: rurx1228

Mandatory for women perhaps …most straight males were not spending their time watching soaps at midday… well at least my late 20-30’s age group.Probably spent time relating to sports or the collapse of the USSR.

True Rutgers board finally comes out in their love of “As The World Turns” … you do realize how that presents itself .

And people wonder why things are the way they are in 2023. Did not expect this many men to be fans of the afternoon soaps. Was mainly a women thing …Or so we thought. All possess male-female feelings …Yes , I know there are not only males who post here.

many of us watched soaps at a young age because we were dropped off at our grandparents house during the summer. My grandmother watched Lets Make a Deal. Search for Tomorrow, All My Children and then fell asleep upstairs for One Life to Live and we would finish up with Edge of Night before my mom picked me up

In college we would watch soaps like Santa Barbara and Guiding Light before class.

People forget how big soaps were. Right now Reality tv like Housewives shows have taken over for soaps

was a big Robin Wright fan back in the day as Kelly Capwell....she was hitting in big in Hollywood but was stuck doing some final episodes on Santa Barbara

many of us watched soaps at a young age because we were dropped off at our grandparents house during the summer. My grandmother watched Lets Make a Deal. Search for Tomorrow, All My Children and then fell asleep upstairs for One Life to Live and we would finish up with Edge of Night before my mom picked me up

In college we would watch soaps like Santa Barbara and Guiding Light before class.

People forget how big soaps were. Right now Reality tv like Housewives shows have taken over for soaps
Sorry … maybe at granny’s house as a young kid how old were you ? Still don’t see most males watching a daytime soap opera…If you are watching NY / NJ Housewives shows we are really a country in trouble. Lol

Sorry … maybe at granny’s house as a young kid how old were you ? Still don’t see most males watching a daytime soap opera…If you are watching NY / NJ Housewives shows we are really a country in trouble. Lol
Obviously you watched otherwise you would not be trolling this thread. It's OK for you to come out of the closet after all these years. It's 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac
Obviously you watched otherwise you would not be trolling this thread. It's OK for you to come out of the closet after all these years. It's 2023.
Naaah … never had an interest in it. Too busy doing other things like school, sports , then raising sons and of course work. I left soaps to the Mrs. if that was someone’s thing ( soap opera’s) hey good for you.

Looking at that lovely photo is one thing … watching a show playing out to an audience looking for something different in their personal life ? People live in a world where escapism is seen as totally healthy . Not sure that’s a bad thing .

This is why we have people questioning what is a male …what is a female.

I bet you take more meds than this old guy…soap watchers and I need meds ?

Daniel Hugh Kelley Roselle Catholic Grad😁 think he graduated in 73 with my HS baseball coach

Last edited:
Reactions: Section124
“To you, a warped frustrated old man, they’re nothing but cattle”

Wrong thread?

Nah.
“To you, a warped frustrated old man, they’re nothing but cattle”

Wrong thread?

Nah.
As I have said many times before ( with respect) to those who knock old men. Pray very hard that you are able to reach old age and be in as good shape as I am. Many younger 30-40-50’s will not be that “ warped old man.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT