ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Suzanne Somers

I wasn't saying he was a good actor - he was just Jerry - but the perspective was his and Larry David's.
Take those guys away and there is no Seinfeld.
The other actors were so good Jerry could be the potted plant
Obviously a show called "Seinfeld" rests on there being a Seinfield. But, no, he couldn't have been a potted plant -- he had to be able to play his role. That was easy compared to what the other actors had to do, but it still required some acting ability. He was quite candid in admitting he didn't have much of it --that, for instance, only his off-the-screen friendship with Julia Louis-Dreyfus allowed him to act out his role vis-a-vis her character.

Obviously a show called "Seinfeld" rests on there being a Seinfield. But, no, he couldn't have been a potted plant -- he had to be able to play his role.

Yes -and his "role" was being Jerry.
He was the same guy from his 14 yr. stand-up routine.
If I play Roger Goodell in a movie I'm acting.
if I play Ashokan in a show called "Ashokan" I wont be getting any oscars lol

I wasn't saying he was a good actor - he was just Jerry - but the perspective was his and Larry David's.
Take those guys away and there is no Seinfeld.
The other actors were so good Jerry could be the potted plant
but for them to shine like they did on the show, the potted plant was needed.
Jerry played his part perfectly , even if his acting wasn't the best

Yes -and his "role" was being Jerry.
He was the same guy from his 14 yr. stand-up routine.
If I play Roger Goodell in a movie I'm acting.
if I play Ashokan in a show called "Ashokan" I wont be getting any oscars lol
No, you're playing Ashokan according to the script. Not the same thing at all, even if you're writing the script. You have to stay in the character as called for by the script, and you have to be careful not to be the "real" Ashokan when that conflicts with the script. It's easier to play than Roger Goodell, but it still requires some ability.

Anyway, I'm not sure how a thread about Suzanne Somers got to be a thread about Seinfeld! (not that that's your doing.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT