ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Roy Halladay's twitter photo - Rutgers?

Robbinsville High School is the Ravens. If that does say Ravens over the dugout it's Robbinsville, not Rutgers Camden who are known as the Raptors..

pretty sad that he is taking shot at A-rod. What a Loser Halladay has become.

Can't be Robbinsville -- different field layout and the block R that Robbinsville uses is slightly different.

Originally posted by mal359:
Can't be Robbinsville -- different field layout and the block R that Robbinsville uses is slightly different.
So its another school that is called the Ravens, starts with R and uses the Block R?

Originally posted by derleider:

So its another school that is called the Ravens, starts with R and uses the Block R?
There are many, many high schools in this country.

Really? Field layout (trees to the right getting shorter down the first base line) looks pretty similar to me. As does the R on that kids helmet.

11069640_10104953466131049_2322991574851121252_n.jpg

Originally posted by derleider:

There are many, many high schools in this country.
Different how?

13056713-mmmain.jpg

This post was edited on 3/25 7:51 AM by Ole
This post was edited on 3/25 7:57 AM by Ole Cabbagehead

I live in Robbinsville. Trust me when I say the R is the same R. I see it everywhere...all the time. I'm sure I can take a ride to the baseball field to take a photo if need be.

it's Robbinsville.

Originally posted by StyleKnight:
Is the block R copyrighted by Rutgers?
Yes. But it is very common for HSs to use pro and college logos (although they often change the color scheme). Basically they cant afford to hire a graphic designer, and college/pro teams don't want to be seen suing a HS, when basically no one is going to confuse the two (i.e. RU's branding isnt really taking a hit if a few dozen Robbinsville residents roll around town with Block R hats that stand for something that isn't Rutgers).

Occasionally a team will sue (I think I remember a story about WVU suing some school out in Arizona or something), but its rare.

Originally posted by StyleKnight:
Is the block R copyrighted by Rutgers?
Yes. But it is very common for HSs to use pro and college logos (although they often change the color scheme). Basically they cant afford to hire a graphic designer, and college/pro teams don't want to be seen suing a HS, when basically no one is going to confuse the two (i.e. RU's branding isnt really taking a hit if a few dozen Robbinsville residents roll around town with Block R hats that stand for something that isn't Rutgers).

Occasionally a team will sue (I think I remember a story about WVU suing some school out in Arizona or something), but its rare.

For a while Highland Park used the same Owls logo as Temple. Not officially, but it was commonly seen. A year or two ago, Temple threatened to sue so HP had to change it up. True story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT