ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers fans in Europe?

onesimus

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2007
Was wondering if there were any other Rutgers fans that live in Europe on this board?

I live in Geneva Switzerland and this past weekend I was at the Carrefour in Ferney-Voltaire France and saw a guy wearing a Rutgers shirt. Wanted to approach him but that's a bit... too much?

Either way, if anyone's got general Europe/Switzerland or question about watches (unavoidable here in Switzerland). Feel free to reach out to me.

Lived in Erlangen Germany for 3.5 years. I am planning on heading back to live in the EU on a semi permanent bases. I was thinking Italy or Spain. Any recommendations? I am an entrepreneur in the telehealth field.

Reactions: onesimus
Was wondering if there were any other Rutgers fans that live in Europe on this board?

I live in Geneva Switzerland and this past weekend I was at the Carrefour in Ferney-Voltaire France and saw a guy wearing a Rutgers shirt. Wanted to approach him but that's a bit... too much?

Either way, if anyone's got general Europe/Switzerland or question about watches (unavoidable here in Switzerland). Feel free to reach out to me.

totally not too much. without question you should have said hello. #missedopportunity

I was in Geneva (and Verbier) earlier this month - the best motor show in years. How is Geneva as a city? I've been there several times but have spent no time in the city itself because it gets booked solid for the show ... Stayed in Lausanne this year, which was meh. Love Zurich and the Alps, though.

I was in Geneva (and Verbier) earlier this month - the best motor show in years. How is Geneva as a city? I've been there several times but have spent no time in the city itself because it gets booked solid for the show ... Stayed in Lausanne this year, which was meh. Love Zurich and the Alps, though.

I didn't get to attend the show this year, but it's madness whenever it's around. Also when SIHH goes on. What brings you here? Work in the auto industry?

Geneva as a city grows on you once you can get over the sticker shock (ex. $15 for a Big Mac) and the uneventfulness (everything is closed on Sundays). It's clean, safe, beautiful and if you can manage to earn a Swiss salary you can really have a good quality of life. Example, lots of weekend trips possible since most cities in Europe (EasyJet) are w/in a 2-3 hour flight. By far Zurich is my favorite Swiss city, but I much prefer French > Swiss German, though the Swiss Germans speak much better English.

Lived in Erlangen Germany for 3.5 years. I am planning on heading back to live in the EU on a semi permanent bases. I was thinking Italy or Spain. Any recommendations? I am an entrepreneur in the telehealth field.

That'd be an awesome move if possible. Hopefully you'd have something lined up because finding a job in Europe as a U.S citizen is quite the challenge.
Any recommendations in what sense?

Between the two - I'd live in Spain (personally) - but that probably has more to do with the fact that I speak Spanish.

I will be in Lucerne in Mid May for a day. Doing a bus tour (Italy, Switzerland, France and London) so any advise would be great.

I'm in Basel, couple of hours north and east of the OP. Still part of a group that buys tickets in 125. I haven't seen any other R's around when I'm wearing my R hat, but there are lots of expats from NJ here, so they recognize it. I've seen a few PSU hats/shirts, the occasional Michigan gear. I really enjoy Switzerland, but I miss porkroll, and I couldn't find a brisket to make corned beef today.

I'm in Basel, couple of hours north and east of the OP. Still part of a group that buys tickets in 125. I haven't seen any other R's around when I'm wearing my R hat, but there are lots of expats from NJ here, so they recognize it. I've seen a few PSU hats/shirts, the occasional Michigan gear. I really enjoy Switzerland, but I miss porkroll, and I couldn't find a brisket to make corned beef today.

Awesome! I knew there'd have to be at least some RU grads in Basel (given the Pharmaceutical connections). Not sure if that's what brought you here. But either way, if Rutgers is playing in a big game we should try to set up a watch party or something.

I usually have someone recognize Rutgers when taking the GVA-EWR United flight.

Reactions: ScarletBison
That'd be an awesome move if possible. Hopefully you'd have something lined up because finding a job in Europe as a U.S citizen is quite the challenge.
Any recommendations in what sense?

Between the two - I'd live in Spain (personally) - but that probably has more to do with the fact that I speak Spanish.

Thanks for the info. Have a little background in Spainish. I am planning on using my US company to cover my expenses until I can develop a market in Africa and Asia. I was also thinking of checking out Bahrain too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT