ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Schools and thoughts

RocktheRac

Heisman Winner
Sep 10, 2001
I posted a thread a while back saying snow days will be obsolete now that emote schooling is in place. I got laughed at. So Cuomo made a statement that he thinks the "new norm" will be that schools may never reopen or have short hours or possibly even go to all remote. This world will never be the same again. I'm guess the population will go down as the young peeps will not be meeting others to date marry have a family. Wearings masks forever? No more handshaking? Never being able to try on clothes at stores anymore? Restaurants that can't survive because of social distancing? I ponder these thoughts as I look out the window on May 9 and see the wind blowing like January and the temp at 38 degrees at 9 am

I posted a thread a while back saying snow days will be obsolete now that emote schooling is in place. I got laughed at. So Cuomo made a statement that he thinks the "new norm" will be that schools may never reopen or have short hours or possibly even go to all remote. This world will never be the same again. I'm guess the population will go down as the young peeps will not be meeting others to date marry have a family. Wearings masks forever? No more handshaking? Never being able to try on clothes at stores anymore? Restaurants that can't survive because of social distancing? I ponder these thoughts as I look out the window on May 9 and see the wind blowing like January and the temp at 38 degrees at 9 am
Someone woke up gloomy today! :)

200.gif

Monty SR was well stocked yesterday, tons of meats, paper products, eggs, yogurt, etc. Taco kits are still hard to come by.....no idea why!

Will make a late night run tonight to Monty. I'm down to 2 rolls of TP. Haven't bought any since December. I may have to buy a pack soon and be "one of those". Stocked up on meat last week due to the word of meat shortage. Why did I buy into that? Wise guy gas attendant told me he heard that McDonald's Wendy's Burger King are gonna close because of beef shortage.

Will make a late night run tonight to Monty. I'm down to 2 rolls of TP. Haven't bought any since December. I may have to buy a pack soon and be "one of those". Stocked up on meat last week due to the word of meat shortage. Why did I buy into that? Wise guy gas attendant told me he heard that McDonald's Wendy's Burger King are gonna close because of beef shortage.
They had 7-8 different kinds of TP. Best variety that I've seen in a while. The meat shortage is BS.

Some Wendy’s are out of beef

They had 7-8 different kinds of TP. Best variety that I've seen in a while. The meat shortage is BS.

when will they have wipes or sanitizer...someone must be hoarding it

didnt do my usual late night Friday run but will be heading there tonight..big sale on Melitta coffee but that does not start til next week

we are only two weeks away from the $3.99 watermelon circular with the $1.99 lo bro that kicks off the summer season

Reactions: RocktheRac
when will they have wipes or sanitizer...someone must be hoarding it

didnt do my usual late night Friday run but will be heading there tonight..big sale on Melitta coffee but that does not start til next week

we are only two weeks away from the $3.99 watermelon circular with the $1.99 lo bro that kicks off the summer season
We stocked up on wipes and Purell via ebay. My wife has 30-40 of bath and body works hand sanitizer small bottles, but all of them are scented. They work fine, but annoying. I increased our Purell supply for my sanity! Purell prices have been reasonable on ebay. I think there is a listing right now if you want to check it out.

Reactions: bac2therac
Tons of local companies across the state doing their own hand sanitizer now. I buy from them much better to support local.

Cinco de Mayo killed the Mexican aisle for the Monty Shop Rite maybe it'll be back in a week or two.

I have noticed this, as well. Very odd.

There's also no such thing as white clam sauce anymore.
It seems like stores have the broad brush strokes down pretty well, but some individuals items have vanished. Taco kits are obviously one example. Another example is Amy's frozen pizza (which is an organic brand). All of the local stores had this, nowhere to be found for the past 6-7 weeks. Just weird.

Monty SR was well stocked yesterday, tons of meats, paper products, eggs, yogurt, etc. Taco kits are still hard to come by.....no idea why!

Its the restaurant closings shifting item demand to grocery stores. 30% of people ate at fast food places and restaurants each day. Tacos were a part of that scene. Now a lot of places are closed, and people are cooking their own tacos, and that's added stress on supplies

Reactions: T2Kplus10
A statement by cuomo that schools may never reopen is stupid and not well thought out. Of course if he wants to drive even MORE people out of his state...go for it!

what a jackass...

I believe that comment was a few days ago and he back tracked heavily but now he’s trying to push this rare disease that “may” be linked to covid to push his agenda

Damn near impossible to find flour anywhere. I scored a bunch of yeast recently, but what’s a man to do with lots of yeast and no flour?

Wegman's has been consistent on flour. Netcost ("the Russian store") always has plenty - and an impressive selection of various kinds, as well.

Reactions: ClassOf02
Wegman's has been consistent on flour. Netcost ("the Russian store") always has plenty - and an impressive selection of various kinds, as well.
Thanks I’ll check out Wegmans. Netcost I think is only in Manalapan or Paramus which is a bit far (not like I have much else to do, though).

Could not find lentils for some time, but now they're stocked. Veggie broth, flour, yeast, cake mix, hair-dye, nail files, feminine products, baby wipes, dog wee pads and sympathy cards have been hard to find at the local Stop and Shop.(which never has a line to enter) The Shoprite has more in stock even TP at 5pm(and always a long line to enter except rainy days) SR had zero Taco Kits or Enchilada sauce this past week..SS had plenty.

Could not find lentils for some time, but now they're stocked. Veggie broth, flour, yeast, cake mix, hair-dye, nail files, feminine products, baby wipes, dog wee pads and sympathy cards have been hard to find at the local Stop and Shop.(which never has a line to enter) The Shoprite has more in stock even TP at 5pm(and always a long line to enter except rainy days) SR had zero Taco Kits or Enchilada sauce this past week..SS had plenty.
Vegan food is always available!

Featured-Image-Template-2.png

A statement by cuomo that schools may never reopen is stupid and not well thought out. Of course if he wants to drive even MORE people out of his state...go for it!

what a jackass...
What I don’t understand is these politicians behave like the Spanish Flu never happened. Yes it was 1918, 100 years ago, but it was much worse than this, and imagine that, we actually had normal human relations after it happened. Some people are so damn short sighted it is frustrating.

Reactions: RUskoolie
What I don’t understand is these politicians behave like the Spanish Flu never happened. Yes it was 1918, 100 years ago, but it was much worse than this, and imagine that, we actually had normal human relations after it happened. Some people are so damn short sighted it is frustrating.
As Rutgers folks we should be used to NOT dealing in absolutes....

“Rutgers will never _______”

Sooner or later that statement has been proved wrong. Maybe not all of them yet...but soon. Just give us time.

Hand Sanitizer in large amonts at Monty Shop Rite

Blumen 17 oz $6.99

Tons of taco kits...scored Jasmine rice and huge stock of PT and TP

Meats aplenty debunking the fake news some tried to push here about meat supply

Eggs however scarce

Tons of local companies across the state doing their own hand sanitizer now. I buy from them much better to support local.

Cinco de Mayo killed the Mexican aisle for the Monty Shop Rite maybe it'll be back in a week or two.
Any reliable links?

Tons of product at Monty. They were stocking as I was shopping. Plenty of TP but what's with 23.00 for a brand I never heard of called Cashmere. Scored some Lysol cleaner. Price of meat has gone up. Either that or there was a bigger selection in Hillsborough. Maybe 5 people shopping with me.

Hand Sanitizer in large amonts at Monty Shop Rite

Blumen 17 oz $6.99

Tons of taco kits...scored Jasmine rice and huge stock of PT and TP

Meats aplenty debunking the fake news some tried to push here about meat supply

Eggs however scarce
Sounds like a jackpot visit! I was there yesterday morning and the taco section looked like the TP aisle last month. I was able to get some hard shells, which the wife prefers, but we are down to our last kit. Need more soon, oh the humanity! :)

As Rutgers folks we should be used to NOT dealing in absolutes....

“Rutgers will never _______”

Sooner or later that statement has been proved wrong. Maybe not all of them yet...but soon. Just give us time.

Rutgers will never like losing to Penn State....

giphy.gif

When are wipes going to come back? haven't seen any at Costco (Clorox 5 pack), SS, SR, or Wegman's. how is that possible Lysol nor Clorox can keep up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT