ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Strickland’s Steakhouse in Woodbridge

You’re on ignore but he still sees your posts! More like an unofficial ignore where he just refuses to read or comment on your posts, except when you post something he feels compelled to comment on 😉
Don’t flatter yourself self righteous troll

I don’t do that often anymore due to genetic blood sugar issues. But I don’t have indigestion issues often. And when I start to feel some acid buildup, I chew a couple/few alkaselzter chewable antacids. Has always worked for me, so far.

Acid reflux is horrrific though. The couple times I experienced it were enough to make me learn to sense it early enough to treat it before it gets really bad. Knock on wood. Ugh.
I would wager your digestive acid reflux problem is due to other factors rather than genetics. You aren’t fixing the real culprit eating tums like M&M’s and a good gastro would tell you the same or put you on Prilosec or Omeprazole.

I would wager your digestive acid reflux problem is due to other factors rather than genetics. You aren’t fixing the real culprit eating tums like M&M’s and a good gastro would tell you the same or put you on Prilosec or Omeprazole.
You seem to have failed to note this sentence from my post: “But I don’t have indigestion issues often.”.

I don’t have an acid reflux problem. I don’t eat tums like M&Ms.

REO was club/bar patrons after hours hang out. Place was always packed at 3am on the weekends. Worked for the owner Mike (RIP) and George when they opened Detours night club where the old Brass Bucket was on 9.
Brass bucket - yes old school

You seem to have failed to note this sentence from my post: “But I don’t have indigestion issues often.”.

I don’t have an acid reflux problem. I don’t eat tums like M&Ms.
We’re you not claiming to suffer from acid reflux?you better go back and read your post . Maybe that will refresh your memory. Maybe the sentence with antacids was a mirage?

Ok, I will try to get back on track. I mentioned earlier Char in BW and Wolfgang’s in Somerville two of my favorites. Matter of fact heading to Wolfgang’s on the 19th for my birthday. Question came up about favorite, or what steak to order at steakhouse. My choice is Porterhouse for two if you have someone willing to share, or a ribeye either bone in or boneless depending on what the house is serving.

We’re you not claiming to suffer from acid reflux?you better go back and read your post . Maybe that will refresh your memory. Maybe the sentence with antacids was a mirage?
I don’t have to reread my posts. I never said I suffer from it often. I said the opposite. It’s rare.

Ok, I will try to get back on track. I mentioned earlier Char in BW and Wolfgang’s in Somerville two of my favorites. Matter of fact heading to Wolfgang’s on the 19th for my birthday. Question came up about favorite, or what steak to order at steakhouse. My choice is Porterhouse for two if you have someone willing to share, or a ribeye either bone in or boneless depending on what the house is serving.
I like most cuts of beef, but mostly prefer filet mignon. It can be harder to get right due to a relative lack of fat. But when well-prepared, it’s soooo good.

Reactions: Leonard23
I've been to Wolfgangs, although not for a few years or so. Went when it was still fairly new.

It was good. Not Capital Grille (in DC) good. But still good.

I've been to a Ruth's Chris in a couple different states (geographic states, not altered states). Was fine each time, but not as good as Wolfgangs was the one time I was there.

IMO, Wolfgang's was also better than Peter Lugers which was good but didn't live up to the hype.
Wolfgang's in Somerville has a good porterhouse, but I prefer Luger's porterhouse. I like Steakhouse 85 over Wolfgang's, because they have better filet, sides, and desserts. Not sure why Wolfgang's can't make a great filet.
Any other Rails fans here?? I think the place is great but have friends who feel otherwise so it has me questioning my taste buds.
Had it twice and wasn't impressed. Same for Ruth's Chris. Preferred Morton's over both and would also go to all the others (Luger's, Steakhouse 85, Stage Left, Wolfgang's, Char, Del Frisco's, Capital Grille) over Rails and Ruth's Chris.

Last edited:
Wolfgang's in Somerville has a good porterhouse, but I prefer Luger's porterhouse. I like Steakhouse 85 over Wolfgang's, because they have better filet, sides, and desserts. Not sure why Wolfgang's can't make a great filet.

Had it twice and wasn't impressed. Same for Ruth's Chris. Preferred Morton's over both and would also go to all the others (Luger's, Steakhouse 85, Stage Left, Wolfgang's, Char, Capital Grille) over Rails and Ruth's Chris.
For me, the best filet mignon ever was at the Capital Grille just off the mall in DC. But for years before eating at the Capital Grille, shockingly, the best filet I’d had was at a place in North East MD not far from I95 called Woody’s Crab House.

I was with friends on the way down to their vacation house in MD and we stopped in at Woody’s. I had super low expectations for the steak, but am not a seafood person (to put it mildly). Saw they had prime filet so got it expecting a Long-Horn-like thing at best. It was mind blowing.

Maybe it was a one-time lucky thing. I’ve never been back (yet). But I will try it again in the future.

Reactions: Leonard23
Don’t flatter yourself self righteous troll

Thanks for noticing.

I will check back when I need blatantly obvious gastrointestinal recommendations.

You’ll be happy to know that I recently had a colonoscopy. I got high marks for my “prep” (seriously). Maybe you and I can set up a time and you can review my results and let me know if you see anything else of concern. (Nothing self-righteous in this troll post by the way.)

I don’t have to reread my posts. I never said I suffer from it often. I said the opposite. It’s rare.
You absolutely did post about your “occasional “ antacid reflux and then when you refuse to admit it … you prove to be more disingenuous .

Thanks for noticing.

I will check back when I need blatantly obvious gastrointestinal recommendations.

You’ll be happy to know that I recently had a colonoscopy. I got high marks for my “prep” (seriously). Maybe you and I can set up a time and you can review my results and let me know if you see anything else of concern. (Nothing self-righteous in this troll post by the way.)
Glad you did the right thing and let them run the camera up inside. If you are “ clean and no issues” you can enjoy another probing in about 5 years . Have enjoyed 4 in my lifetime only 1 polyp 6 years ago … clean back a few months ago . No more after 74 -75 yrs. Admit it , you evidently loved the procedure …think how cleaned out and fresh your insides were.Go have that steak with your friends here.

Thanks for noticing.

Do you have any pictures from the procedure.? Surely there are interested posters strictly from the medical aspect of this important health check. Makes a great conversation piece around the table eating a steak dinner.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
You absolutely did post about your “occasional “ antacid reflux and then when you refuse to admit it … you prove to be more disingenuous .
You really ought to become a more agreeable person. You argue with everybody. And that would be okay, I like arguing too. Except that you are really, really bad at it.

You misread my earlier post. So I clarified it for you, even though it was in no way ambiguous. I've now clarified it twice for you. And yet, for whatever strange stubborn reason, you continue to try and insist that I said something I never wrote. And now you're shifting the goalpost in an effort to... actually, I have no idea what you think you might accomplish at this point.

Wouldn't it be easier to have just looked back at my post, and at your response, and then read my next post where I clarified things for you, and just say: "oh, I see, yeah, I completely missed that one sentence and then responded to stuff he never said"?

Isn't that better than carrying on with this incredibly stupid argument in which the only possible way you could "win" is by going back in time to change what I posted, and then change what you responded?

You misread, which was no big deal. It happens to us all. You can't change it, so own it and move on already.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
You really ought to become a more agreeable person. You argue with everybody. And that would be okay, I like arguing too. Except that you are really, really bad at it.

You misread my earlier post. So I clarified it for you, even though it was in no way ambiguous. I've now clarified it twice for you. And yet, for whatever strange stubborn reason, you continue to try and insist that I said something I never wrote. And now you're shifting the goalpost in an effort to... actually, I have no idea what you think you might accomplish at this point.

Wouldn't it be easier to have just looked back at my post, and at your response, and then read my next post where I clarified things for you, and just say: "oh, I see, yeah, I completely missed that one sentence and then responded to stuff he never said"?

Isn't that better than carrying on with this incredibly stupid argument in which the only possible way you could "win" is by going back in time to change what I posted, and then change what you responded?

You misread, which was no big deal. It happens to us all. You can't change it, so own it and move on already.
Just for shits and giggles. Who is arguing ? You are the one who will post and attempt to conflate the issue. You ‘re arguing with yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT