ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Temple at Navy postponed

The Temple vs Navy game will be moved to October 10. This will be the first Big Ten football game of the day since Navy and Temple are now Big Ten members according to Sir Yacht.

I haven't seen Temple lately, but Army used to struggle with them not too long ago. Temple knew they couldn't recruit with PSU, Pitt, RU etc talent wise, so they focused on finding the most massive players they could.

Temple sucks? That's rich considering ...
Temple 20, Maryland 17
Maryland 48, Rutgers 7
Keep playing in that sh*tty conference called the AAC. Temple knows Schiano (& Fran Brown) is the final nail in the coffin for them. It was a short window of greater success then Rutgers. We see you on the field soon to straighten this out.

Temple did a nice job considering their lack of fanbase, money and conference affiliation.
Yes, they have, considering all things. The continued success was based on mining NJ while Rutgers had subpar coaching after Schiano left. Schiano is back and took a critical recruiter/coach in Fran Brown, and that may be a death blow to them. Their HC is solid but not good at connecting with local coaches and recruits.

Reactions: thegock
Given their situation and that they seem to grow coaches they have done very well.
Matt Rhule was a great hire. Geoff Collins looks to be a good coach, too. We'll see how Rod Carey does, but he has a record of success at Northern Illinois so there is reason for optimism for Temple fans. That said, if Schiano does what he should do, they will be in our rear view mirror in the near future.

Reactions: shields
Navy is pretty vulnerable right now, with their first live hitting taking place during their first game a little over a week ago. Temple could have really whooped on them.

Temple did a nice job considering their lack of fanbase, money and conference affiliation.

it will always be tough for a non power 5 team and conference to remain good
for the long haul....I am surprised that Cincy has been able to remain aloft, but that may eventually fall apart also...

no matter what, I would rather be in the big 10, even if it is an unhill battle....

lots of talent in PA. Temple has made 3 out of 4 solid coaching hires (Addazio being the weakest of the hires since Golden) and the program is in the most secure spot since the Big East expulsion.

The Owls will remain a solid tweener program.

Temple much better than RU last 4 years. By far.
How has Temple performed against Rutgers in the last few matchups? What about overall performance against Rutgers? Not good on both fronts. The previous four meetings when Temple was a solid as a program gets, they still lost to Rutgers

How has Temple performed against Rutgers in the last few matchups? What about overall performance against Rutgers? Not good on both fronts. The previous four meetings when Temple was a solid as a program gets, they still lost to Rutgers

You should look up the records of Temple the last t

The last 4 meeting between Temple and Rutgers were not "as solid as a program gets" Temple. Their best record was 4-7 in the season. The last time the played, Temlple finished 2-10 in Rhule's 1st season. They also should have beaten RU that year but they had a brain fart lol.

You should look up the records of Temple the last t

The last 4 meeting between Temple and Rutgers were not "as solid as a program gets" Temple. Their best record was 4-7 in the season. The last time the played, Temlple finished 2-10 in Rhule's 1st season. They also should have beaten RU that year but they had a brain fart lol.
DID TEMPLE WIN AGAINST RUTGERS? THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS NO!!! You can dance around the fact Temple lost the last 4 games against Rutgers and has a losing record in the series. That's is what is most important in this debate.

They also should have beaten RU that year.

54b315137403593761945922a3ba1a93.jpg

Temple record has been at 500 and above since 2014. They have more NFL all time draft pick then us. Can we at least get to 500 before we start going after teams.
Why do Rutgers fans jump to the defense of other teams? Those fans have blind faith for their teams and will spit in your eye to defend their team if you refuse to agree with them. Yet our fans side with them at the cost of mocking or degrading Rutgers.

DID TEMPLE WIN AGAINST RUTGERS? THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS NO!!! You can dance around the fact Temple lost the last 4 games against Rutgers and has a losing record in the series. That's is what is most important in this debate.

You're the one who wrote "The previous four meetings when Temple was a solid as a program gets, they still lost to Rutgers" right?

I am not dancing around anything with wins and losses...What I am saying is the last four meeting Temple played Rutgers, Temple was not good team and were not "as solid as a program gets..." Two were in the Bobby Wallace years after we were kicked out of the BE...the other two were Addazio's last year (1 BE win) and Matt Rhule's 1st year.

Those are facts...Your statement is wrong, it is that simple. The results are the results but those we not good Temple teams.

2013 - Temple 2-10
2012 - Temple 4-7
2004 - Temple 2-9
2003 - Temple 1-10

How is that as solid as a program can get???

2015 and 2016 are pretty much as solid as Temple gets without going undefeated.

That is all I am disputing/clarifying.

Good luck this season!

Who really cares. Hardly anyone attends a Temple game. Rhule was very good but usually Temple is just nothing to write home about.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Those are facts...Your statement is wrong, it is that simple. The results are the results but those we not good Temple teams.
But I was dead on with the results between Rutgers and Temple. 🤣 🤣 🤣
You can't dance around that fact. Btw, what's the average attendance for a Temple game?[roll][roll]

But I was dead on with the results between Rutgers and Temple. 🤣 🤣 🤣
You can't dance around that fact. Btw, what's the average attendance for a Temple game?[roll][roll]

You're the one who wrote it, not me...

You guys are in the Big 10, you are supposed to have higher attendance...

You guys are supposed to beat UMD like Temple has.

You guys are supposed to give PSU tough games like Temple has.

Schiano should get you guys back to respectability. Can he get above that is the big question. Good luck with the season!

You're the one who wrote "The previous four meetings when Temple was a solid as a program gets, they still lost to Rutgers" right?

I am not dancing around anything with wins and losses...What I am saying is the last four meeting Temple played Rutgers, Temple was not good team and were not "as solid as a program gets..." Two were in the Bobby Wallace years after we were kicked out of the BE...the other two were Addazio's last year (1 BE win) and Matt Rhule's 1st year.

2013 - Temple 2-10
2012 - Temple 4-7
2004 - Temple 2-9
2003 - Temple 1-10

How is that as solid as a program can get???

2015 and 2016 are pretty much as solid as Temple gets without going undefeated.

That is all I am disputing/clarifying.

Good luck this season!
TEMPLE was UNDEFEATED last year between 10/2 and 10/13 ! How dare you doubt TEMPLE !

You're the one who wrote it, not me...

You guys are in the Big 10, you are supposed to have higher attendance...

You guys are supposed to beat UMD like Temple has.

You guys are supposed to give PSU tough games like Temple has.

Schiano should get you guys back to respectability. Can he get above that is the big question. Good luck with the season!
Temple NEVER had more than 8 people attend games.

Each year is different and there is no guarantee you will beat peers every year, except for Temple going forward.

I didn't know that keeping the score close was a moral victory. Prior to the 2015 Temple victory over PSU, the Owls were 0-31-1. You have to go back to 1931 for the next Temple win.

Schiano has already shown what he can do it by all of the quality transfers that followed him to Rutgers. Schiano took a 100th ranked recruiting class of 2020 and upgraded it in three weeks to push the class into the 60s. Currently, he has the 2021 class ranked in the top 25.

The Maryland game was first game Nunzio coached and I think Blackshear quit right before that game. And first game that Langan played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT