ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

He’s not going anywhere
You don’t go 13-0 then get fired the next season

Being on the hot seat doesn’t mean fired. It means pressure to perform the next year. It’s really attestament to your program strength overall. 2 consecutive seasons of missing a bowl or even 6-6 would probably be enough to get the boot at FSU even with 13-0 the year before.

unless you go 0-12 😁
I think Norvell will right the ship and FSU will have a good ( not great) year and remain a top program under him.
I just feel this year has too many distractions and the disappointment of not being in the playoffs last year
took some of the confidence that comes from having a great previous season out of this years team .
Which made for more pressure on proving they were treated wrong last year in the way they tried to play at the beginning of this season.
lol yeah I mean 0-12 would be a major cause for concern

Seeing what’s going on this year in Tallahassee really points out what Sabin, Kirby, Dabo, Bobby, Bowden, Tom, Osborne, Spurrier, etc. Was unreal.

Staying Elite on a consistent basis is so hard to do, and the fact that those guys were able to do it for as long as they did speak volumes

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He’s not going anywhere
You don’t go 13-0 then get fired the next season
Agree with that but that’s besides the point to what I’m saying. When the cost to say goodbye is that much he’s not going anywhere 13-0 last season or not.

Being on the hot seat doesn’t mean fired. It means pressure to perform the next year. It’s really attestament to your program strength overall. 2 consecutive seasons of missing a bowl or even 6-6 would probably be enough to get the boot at FSU even with 13-0 the year before.
The buyout could make it cost prohibitive but there’s definitely pressure to perform at a high level

The guy just went 13-0, why the hell would we fire him?

He inherited a dumpster fire, got hit with Covid, had a solid season and a breakthrough season, and is was trying to get us to remain Elite - and, in case you haven’t noticed, that’s one of the hardest things you can do in present day, modern college football

The snub ****ed us on many levels, but it’s up to Mike and the gang to get things rolling again - losing to Georgia Tech and Boston College and consecutive weeks is not acceptable, nor is it the standard

I’ve seen some dump posts, but this could be the very top of the lunacy on this board. Which, given some of the posters here, is certainly saying something.

Shelby is a Siberiacuse fan, who is jelly of the Seminole success. He hates Rutgers and is the only poster I have ever blocked. Ignore him.

I didn't realize he would be owed (reportedly) ~85% of his new contract's value if fired by FSU, which would reportedly be $63 million if it happened now. Jump ahead two years on an eight year deal and it would still be roughly $45 million, so yeah that is a long leash.

Miami is the epitome of an ACC school. It’s a private east coast party school. Much rather take UVA, UNC, or even Uconn over them.
Lol at UConn EVER getting even a dirty look of disgust from the B1G. They're so irrelevant in the B1G's eyes that I doubt they even acknowledge their existence.

I was on your side until you brought up Ga Tech, lol.

Nobody cares about them (Sorry to the very, very few Ga Tech fans out there)
UVA and UNC are my picks and I'll tell you why: The SEC wants them. The B1G is only in competition with the SEC at this point and the B1G would love nothing more than to cock block the SEC from gaining any new markets.

Last edited:
I didn't realize he would be owed (reportedly) ~85% of his new contract's value if fired by FSU, which would reportedly be $63 million if it happened now. Jump ahead two years on an eight year deal and it would still be roughly $45 million, so yeah that is a long leash.
Pretty sure he’s represented by Jimmy Sexton, who was the agent for Jimbo.

He is like the Scott Borris of college football coach agents, gets his guys the best deals at the expense of the schools and boosters.

Hell, I wish he was my agent!!

Georgia Tech is not even popular in Atlanta.
Atlanta metro is Georgia territory. Dawgs,dawgs,dawgs!

lol yeah I mean 0-12 would be a major cause for concern

Seeing what’s going on this year in Tallahassee really points out what Sabin, Kirby, Dabo, Bobby, Bowden, Tom, Osborne, Spurrier, etc. Was unreal.

Staying Elite on a consistent basis is so hard to do, and the fact that those guys were able to do it for as long as they did speak volumes
Easy. They cheated. Same way everyone in cycling knew Lance Armstrong was cheating. They were all cheating too, he was just better at it.

UVA and UNC are my picks and I'll tell you why: The SEC wants them. The B1G is only in competition with the SEC at this point and the B1G would love nothing more than to cock block the SEC from gaining any new markets.

Agree with your logic. VA & NC are big states and comparatively wealthy. Shutting them out of the SEC (or required the SEC to take 2nd choice schools in VA/NC) would a big-time move. I'd still prefer Cal and Stanford, but that's my West Coast bias.

Easy. They cheated. Same way everyone in cycling knew Lance Armstrong was cheating. They were all cheating too, he was just better at it.
Anyone who wanted to win was cheating
If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying

The fact that they all did it at that elite level for as long they did was incredible

Georgia Tech is not even popular in Atlanta.
Atlanta metro is Georgia territory. Dawgs,dawgs,dawgs!
I can attest to this. Was in Atlanta years ago and had tickets to UGA/LSU We had to stay in Atlanta only hotels available we normally stay just outside Athens. There was also a Miami Gtech game this weekend. Not a soul in our hotel or at any bar from Thursday to Sunday had Gtech gear. Only way I knew there was a game was there were a couple Miami fans on our flight down and expected there to be some activity. Nope all LSU and UGA fans. Asked the hotel bartender where the Gtech fans were and she said they have no fans. Hahahah

The guy just went 13-0, why the hell would we fire him?

He inherited a dumpster fire, got hit with Covid, had a solid season and a breakthrough season, and is was trying to get us to remain Elite - and, in case you haven’t noticed, that’s one of the hardest things you can do in present day, modern college football

The snub ****ed us on many levels, but it’s up to Mike and the gang to get things rolling again - losing to Georgia Tech and Boston College and consecutive weeks is not acceptable, nor is it the standard

I’ve seen some dump posts, but this could be the very top of the lunacy on this board. Which, given some of the posters here, is certainly saying something.
Excuses excuses, last year was a mirage, and to leave them out looks like a good decision. No it’s the constant message from you, we’re great, look at us. Your conference needs us, you’re in a bad ACC and losing. News flash, we don’t need FSU and you’re not good, just like Florida and Miami. More bluster than bite

Excuses excuses, last year was a mirage, and to leave them out looks like a good decision. No it’s the constant message from you, we’re great, look at us. Your conference needs us, you’re in a bad ACC and losing. News flash, we don’t need FSU and you’re not good, just like Florida and Miami. More bluster than bite
There's no excuses
Guy went 13-0 last year, nobody's getting let go after that happens, nor does anyone forget how to coach

Maybe it's too many hard sliders to the head, but I never said the B1G or SEC needs us

What I said, and I'll reiterate, is the ACC has been screwing us from the jump and all we've done (up until recently, when the $$ discrepancy became too much) is play nice in the sandbox, generate revenue and ratings for them, win, and, wait for it... make them money

You were nowhere to be found last year when we went undefeated
Not a peep

I've been here since the jump
And, if I'm wrong in my prediction, will admit it on the board and not go anwhere

Also newsflash... watch some college football

Miami... yeah, they're pretty good
Even with Mario and his coaching defencies, they're stacked
They've been pulling in guys left and right with recruiting, sick classes
Their NIL, much maligned, got them Cam Ward

Again, I stand by what I've heard
2026 and out, likely to the B1G

You, or course, are invited to the inaugural tailgate in Piscataway
First beer's on me

• Love
Reactions: thegock
Ahhhh... the state of American society today - believing this. Not how I was raised. Cheating is not Ok.
Gotcha

I'll take wins
Lots of wins
Natties
Heisman's
Championships

If we become elite, nobody, and I mean nobody, would care how we did it (sans a PSU or Baylor type situation)
We capitalize on 06 and start winning big the next 20 years, you'd stop watching b/c we paid a few guys?

Stop
Seriously, just stop

This is big boy college football
The name of the game is winning
Period. Stop. End of story

Reactions: thegock
Lol at UConn EVER getting even a dirty look of disgust from the B1G. They're so irrelevant in the B1G's eyes that I doubt they even acknowledge their existence.
That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

They’re a land grant research university that happens to have the best basketball program in the country. The Big 10 is exponentially more likely to take a land grant research university over a small private university regardless of the state of the football program. With proper funding Uconn would be on par with RU and UMD and would corner New England’s TV market (because that’s all that really matters here from a sports perspective).

As much as I hate the puppies Big 10 leadership could not care less about our disdain for them and will do whatever is financially viable. I will say they will take other schools like UVA and UNC long before the connies.

They’re a land grant research university that happens to have the best basketball program in the country. The Big 10 is exponentially more likely to take a land grant research university over a small private university regardless of the state of the football program. With proper funding Uconn would be on par with RU and UMD and would corner New England’s TV market (because that’s all that really matters here from a sports perspective).

As much as I hate the puppies Big 10 leadership could not care less about our disdain for them and will do whatever is financially viable. I will say they will take other schools like UVA and UNC long before the connies.
I'd rather have UVA/UNC with a growing Southeastern market or Cal/Stanford for the Bay Area Market who have far bigger media markets and are also all far more academically prestigious than UConn and the New England market. Also we may hate UConn but their awfulness in football will cause football first B1G schools like Penn State, Michigan, OSU, Nebraska, USC, etc to downvote the Connies.

Last edited:

As someone who lives in New England, you are nuts to think that UConn could corner NE’s TV market.

CT is considered as much a peer of NY and NJ by the people up here as a real New England state. Boston is the cultural center of New England, and few people care about college football. Nobody up here cares about UConn basketball now and they “are the best basketball program in the country”.

Gotcha

I'll take wins
Lots of wins
Natties
Heisman's
Championships

If we become elite, nobody, and I mean nobody, would care how we did it (sans a PSU or Baylor type situation)
We capitalize on 06 and start winning big the next 20 years, you'd stop watching b/c we paid a few guys?

Stop
Seriously, just stop

This is big boy college football
The name of the game is winning
Period. Stop. End of story
Just a simple question. Sans a PSU or Baylor situation. Those 2 couldn’t be more different.
Baylor had active players raping students and it was swept into the closet. The closet door had 6 locks on and a coach who prayed it never got opened.

While the other was a former coach who had a kid’s charity and had permission to bring troubled kids into the building. It can be debated whether this was smart to do. That privilege should have been revoked after the first alleged incident but the State AG investigation cleared him.

So it doesn’t fit your narrative cheating to win is okay. Nothing about the Sandusky case helped them win anything. Baylor Okay those player we’re helping them win.

I do watch football, mostly this school. This isn’t personal with but I never cared for FSU. In fact it’s a toss up between that chant and those stupid cowbells as to which is more annoying. While Miami spent a lot of a thief’s money, his company is on its last leg. The return on investment has been poor.

Just a simple question. Sans a PSU or Baylor situation. Those 2 couldn’t be more different.
Baylor had active players raping students and it was swept into the closet. The closet door had 6 locks on and a coach who prayed it never got opened.

While the other was a former coach who had a kid’s charity and had permission to bring troubled kids into the building. It can be debated whether this was smart to do. That privilege should have been revoked after the first alleged incident but the State AG investigation cleared him.

So it doesn’t fit your narrative cheating to win is okay. Nothing about the Sandusky case helped them win anything. Baylor Okay those player we’re helping them win.

I do watch football, mostly this school. This isn’t personal with but I never cared for FSU. In fact it’s a toss up between that chant and those stupid cowbells as to which is more annoying. While Miami spent a lot of a thief’s money, his company is on its last leg. The return on investment has been poor.
Nothing about the Sandusky case helped them win anything? The timeline of Sandusky raping victims started in 1971. It was a much different world in 1971 vs 2009-10 when the case was brought to trial. News cycles lasted more than 15 minutes and the cult was in it's infancy. Joe Pa without covering this up would not have been able to be the Joe Pa father figure he became and more than likely Penn State as we know it does not exist in the same way. So yes there was an advantage created by covering up child rape.

Last edited:

Not really, they're actually pretty similar
In both instances, grave injustices were ignored, swept under the rug and overlooked all in the name of winning

There's cheating, then there's Baylor and Penn State
Or Michigan State with Nassar
Or Syracuse with Bernie Fine
All of that crosses the line - paying kids is one thing, outright endangering them is whole other ball of wax

Again, you're wrong with Sandusky
You out him, you risk tarnishing the brand
You tarnish the brand, it affects everything - reputation, recruiting, booster donations, alumni engagement, etc.
JP kept it under wraps (or, moreover, didn't follow up with it) all in the name of winning

It's a message board - nothing on here should ever be personal, nor would I take anything personal.
Hopefully, most if not all on here wouldn't as well
If they do, there's something wrong

FSU isn't for everyone
The war chant, the horse, the scandals, the drama, the notoriety, etc. - hell, they even piss me off sometimes!

Cowbells are next level annoying
Conversely though, that's one of the greatest things about college athletics - the different traditions

Re. Miami, Ruiz definitely looks to be on his last leg
Being that they've cost us 3 natties, I hope they go 0-12 every year
Unfortunately though, at least this year, they're stacked

The cowbells.

I wonder if Mississippi State gets the lowest number of visitor fans spending money in their town. Stark Vegas cries.

Nothing about the Sandusky case helped them win anything? The timeline of Sandusky raping victims started in 1971. It was a much different world in 1971 vs 2009-10 when the case was brought to trial. News cycles lasted more than 15 minutes and the cult was in it's infancy. Joe Pa without covering this up would not have been able to be the Joe Pa father figure he became and more than likely Penn State as we know it does not exist in the same way. So yes there was an advantage created by covering up child rape.

You can feel anyway you like on the subject matter. I don’t know how you feel it HELPED them win on the field. As we see now, it didn’t hurt their recruiting. Embarrassing for them well I’m sure it was. The same thing happened a Michigan with Anderson, Ohio State with Shultz, Michigan State with Nasser. None of them were helped nor hurt by those incidents.

Last edited:
You can feel anyway you like on the subject matter. I don’t know how you feel it HELPED them win on the field. As we see now, it didn’t hurt their recruiting. Embarrassing for them well I’m sure it was. The same thing happened a Michigan with Anderson, Ohio State with Shultz, Michigan State with Nasser. None of them were helped nor hurt by those incidents.
By your logic not covering it up wouldn't have HURT. That's just crazy. Explain to me why they would cover it up over 30-40 years on multiple occasions unless they thought it would be detrimental to the program?

There's Friday drops, then there's Friday drops
Noles going all in..

With proper funding Uconn would be on par with RU and UMD and would corner New England’s TV market (because that’s all that really matters here from a sports perspective).

The B12 just b-slapped the 2 time NCAA champion basketball team for the 2nd time. Why?? Because they bring absolutely nothing to the table. B12 presidents see no value in a school that claims to have the NY market when it never did and never will. The ACC rejected them twice (so they say). They need to drop down back to the patriot league or even div3 for football and keep bball in the Big East.

Reactions: bigmatt718
The B12 just b-slapped the 2 time NCAA champion basketball team for the 2nd time. Why?? Because they bring absolutely nothing to the table. B12 presidents see no value in a school that claims to have the NY market when it never did and never will. The ACC rejected them twice (so they say). They need to drop down back to the patriot league or even div3 for football and keep bball in the Big East.
Football brings in 85 % of the total athletic revenue - a team playing in a rented stadium on an airstrip, regardless of how many basketball championships they have, are not overly desired

Football brings in 85 % of the total athletic revenue - a team playing in a rented stadium on an airstrip, regardless of how many basketball championships they have, are not overly desired
The most laughable thing now I've seen regarding UConn is trying to latch onto the Pet Semetery version of the Pac-12 as a football only school.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT