ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

JayDogSmooth

All Conference
Aug 18, 2006
Since the last one was inexplicitly locked by the powers that be no good reason (yet 947 other OT threads not relating to sports remain open), and most posters favoring an ongoing thread regarding this soon to be decimated league s opposed to seperate threads, I figured I’d start an official “all things ACC” thread that will be continuous

For anyone on Twitter, I’d recommend following DK21 (Danielle Kelly). She’s a personal friend, and although admitelly biased, knows her stuff

There is a few other good followers as well, but I’m not on Twitter. I see the stuff sending hand

I’ve definitely been reading your different threads on this topic as it’s fun to follow. I wasn’t complaining about the various similar threads but it will be nicer to have this 1 thread…. for at least a little while.
(And I’m impressed you didn’t even put FSU in the thread title. 😂)

Reactions: WhiteBus
Since the last one was inexplicitly locked by the powers that be no good reason (yet 947 other OT threads not relating to sports remain open), and most posters favoring an ongoing thread regarding this soon to be decimated league s opposed to seperate threads, I figured I’d start an official “all things ACC” thread that will be continuous

For anyone on Twitter, I’d recommend following DK21 (Danielle Kelly). She’s a personal friend, and although admitelly biased, knows her stuff

There is a few other good followers as well, but I’m not on Twitter. I see the stuff sending hand
ridiculous they locked it and especially with all the bs threads on here. Maybe it's time for some of us to start bombing those threads lol

Welcome FSU to the fold

the best thread was the first one we had going that was 1-14 pages. Everything was laid out in there and low and behold, playing out to form

I’ve definitely been reading your different threads on this topic as it’s fun to follow. I wasn’t complaining about the various similar threads but it will be nicer to have this 1 thread…. for at least a little while.
(And I’m impressed you didn’t even put FSU in the thread title. 😂)
I just love college football and love both Rutgers & FSU
as for the ACC, I certainly have no love for them!

Reactions: cicero grimes
ridiculous they locked it and especially with all the bs threads on here. Maybe it's time for some of us to start bombing those threads lol

Welcome FSU to the fold

the best thread was the first one we had going that was 1-14 pages. Everything was laid out in there and low and behold, playing out to form
Yeah, I don’t get it but obviously there’s a certain agenda, it’s all good, though, as spring football is approaching and warmer weather is on the horizon

I never understood why people would join message board pertaining to a certain topic, and not talk about that topic, but then again, that’s what makes the world go round I guess

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Yeah, I don’t get it but obviously there’s a certain agenda, it’s all good, though, as spring football is approaching and warmer weather is on the horizon

I never understood why people would join message board pertaining to a certain topic, and not talk about that topic, but then again, that’s what makes the world go round I guess
here it is

and most posters favoring an ongoing thread regarding this soon to be decimated league s opposed to seperate threads, I figured I’d start an official “all things ACC” thread that will be continuous

Don't whine about it :"Since the last one was inexplicitly locked by the powers that be no good reason (yet 947 other OT threads not relating to sports remain open)".

Just accept what happened and move on like you did making this new thread ( some might feel all of your FSU threads might have taken up 1/2 of the 947 threads you bring up trying to justify all the FSU threads you have started).
Seems like you feel starting this thread was necessary for you to keep FSU conversation to continue on this board making the FSU talk you want to have on this board look like the talk is manly about the ACC even though you'll probly be making FSU the main issue in this thread

I didn't mind FSU threads but can understand why some RU fans are tired of FSU this and FSU that threads being posted on a Rutgers board and not in just one thread but a new thread started just about every-time a new issue concerning FSU and/or the ACC pops up in the news..
Pesonnaly I felt new issue-new thread helped keep the jumping between issues down and on thir own threads.
But when FSU threads seem to be taking up a lot of page 1 , that might not seem right on a Rutgers board and some of the TKR members seeing that might start getting pissed about it. That's something you need to understand

Reactions: rumarine
Don't whine about it :"Since the last one was inexplicitly locked by the powers that be no good reason (yet 947 other OT threads not relating to sports remain open)".

Just accept what happened and move on like you did making this new thread ( some might feel all of your FSU threads might have taken up 1/2 of the 947 threads you bring up trying to justify all the FSU threads you have started).
Seems like you feel starting this thread was necessary for you to keep FSU conversation to continue on this board making the FSU talk you want to have on this board look like the talk is manly about the ACC even though you'll probly be making FSU the main issue in this thread

I didn't mind FSU threads but can understand why some RU fans are tired of FSU this and FSU that threads being posted on a Rutgers board and not in just one thread but a new thread started just about every-time a new issue concerning FSU and/or the ACC pops up in the news..
Pesonnaly I felt new issue-new thread helped keep the jumping between issues down and on thir own threads.
But when FSU threads seem to be taking up a lot of page 1 , that might not seem right on a Rutgers board and some of the TKR members seeing that might start getting pissed about it. That's something you need to understand
I started this thread because it’s a college football board where obviously we speak about most things Rutgers (actually, we don’t, but it’s nice to pretend that we do), and a lot of people care about future ACC expansion, because, wait for it… It directly impacts Rutgers and the Big Ten

Additionally, I’m not whining about anything. I’m merely commenting on the blatant double standard that exists between the board favorites, the mods, and all the other OT threads that they will allow to persist without locking them.

This is essentially an adult soap opera in someways, and we’re all a part of it by continually posting and commenting.

I just think that the hypocrisy of it all it laughable, and although the good old boys club is corny as ****, it doesn’t help bring new members to the board, nor does it encourage others to post

I started this thread because it’s a college football board where obviously we speak about most things Rutgers (actually, we don’t, but it’s nice to pretend that we do), and a lot of people care about future ACC expansion, because, wait for it… It directly impacts Rutgers and the Big Ten

Additionally, I’m not whining about anything. I’m merely commenting on the blatant double standard that exists between the board favorites, the mods, and all the other OT threads that they will allow to persist without locking them.

This is essentially an adult soap opera in someways, and we’re all a part of it by continually posting and commenting.

I just think that the hypocrisy of it all it laughable, and although the good old boys club is corny as ****, it doesn’t help bring new members to the board, nor does it encourage others to post
I’ve always said I take this place as a Rutgers fans and friends community board even though technically it says Rutgers football. I think it’s much more fun, enjoyable and useful that way. You get people from all different backgrounds, expertises, interests etc…Strictly RU stuff is on premium.

Reactions: Ridge 22 and Kbee3
I’ve always said I take this place as a Rutgers fans and friends community board even though technically it says Rutgers football. I think it’s much more fun, enjoyable and useful that way. You get people from all different backgrounds, expertises, interests etc…Strictly RU stuff is on premium.
Exactly which is why there’s so many OT threads, which I typically don’t mind, even though it’s a Rutgers centric board

It’s the blatant double standard, that exists, and one which the mods complain about when they’re talking about politics and a two-sided justice system, which is funny

I don’t go on posts or likes or popularity, or any of that, I’m here strictly to talk about football, and all things related to it

Reactions: Morrischiano
Let’s just stick to realignment here. Lots of people are interested in the topic as you can see from the level of participation in these threads.
Fair enough, and good point AZ
The ND stuff to me is very intriguing
They are a polarizing brand, arguably (or maybe not arguably) the biggest one in college FB
Where they will go, and when, is fascinating

MH, I respect you but you gotta chill. No need to try to get these threads locked or erased. Just don't open them if you're not interested. A lot of us are interested whether we agree or not with the OP. Let it go.

Fair enough, and good point AZ
The ND stuff to me is very intriguing
They are a polarizing brand, arguably (or maybe not arguably) the biggest one in college FB
Where they will go, and when, is fascinating

ND is still the big fish but every year that diminishes a bit. The population that is old enough to actually remember ND last winning a National Championship is 50+.

Reactions: Scarlet83
ND is still the big fish but every year that diminishes a bit. The population that is old enough to actually remember ND last winning a National Championship is 50+.
Agree, but I'd love a league with ND in it though for multiple reasons
Although you're correct in that the younger generation certainly doesn't have the attachment to them as they once did

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Let the fruit rot.
getty images orange GIF

Well so far this "realignment" thread about football has 7 references to "locked" and such I guess ya could make this one 8 out of 17 posts...

so true
it's tiresome of late and very akin to the old owner and we know how that played out. Either it's fair and across the board of you let it go

plus some of the persons complaining are the most egregious with respect to answering all kinds of OT threads! ridiculous

in addition, ever increasing size of p2 and loss of viable opponents that keep the strength of schedule up are going to be an issue for them

Reactions: Arizona Knight
in addition, ever increasing size of p2 and loss of viable opponents that keep the strength of schedule up are going to be an issue for them
Yep . Thats crazy, I remember them rolling West Virginia, who rolled us at giants stsdium that season. Major Harris !

so true
it's tiresome of late and very akin to the old owner and we know how that played out. Either it's fair and across the board of you let it go

plus some of the persons complaining are the most egregious with respect to answering all kinds of OT threads! ridiculous
Funny how those that lock threads, without any sound reasoning, are the ones bitching about two tierd justice systems

It’s a college football message board, where men discuss college football, amongst other things

One would think that those in charge would appreciate talking about the sport we all love, as opposed to having agendas and playing the post count game

End of the day, we all love Rutgers and college football though, which is really all that matters

As I've said before, FSU must be really hurting for money lol.

That’s the cost of doing business in major college athletics

A sizable portion of this is funded by Boosters, which also helps fund the entire athletic dept

The goal though is to remain elite across the board, not just in football

To do that, you can’t fall 40 mil/year behind your peers

Football drives the bus, but the athletic dept down in Tallahassee isn’t a one trick pony

Many speculate that the B10 and SEC will pick up 4-6 total between the 2. I guess it could come slowly with only FSU leaving early......... but i can only see ND, FSU and UNC warranting full shares.

There has been speculation of Big12 being able to pick up other schools like Pitt, Louisville, Vtech, Miami, Clemson and other that don't find homes..... But it isn't like the Big12 is making significantly more money down the road than the ACC.

Unless FSU can get out for free, it wouldn't be financially feasible for others to leave to the Big12 on full shares or the B10/SEC at partial shares. If FSU has to pay 100-250M, who the hell else has the ability to leave except for UNC or ND.

The news the ESPN doesn't have to extend the ACC contract to 2036 does add another factor......... but the ESPN has such a sweet deal, does it matter if FSU leaves?

I'd rather see the ACC remain as a 4th conference and not disappear. Although seeing Syracuse, Duke and BC in a AAC type conference would be funny.

Interesting tweet
Some valid points, others wildly inaccurate

Long story short, going to would be disastrous for whoever loses
Cut a deal and move on

Interesting tweet
Some valid points, others wildly inaccurate

Long story short, going to would be disastrous for whoever loses
Cut a deal and move on

no one with half a brain wants this to go to discovery phase. If the ACC loses in court, it's game over for the conference and many of the schools. A deal with FSU, still allows blood to flow in the body

simple choice really

Reactions: rubigtimenow
no one with half a brain wants this to go to discovery phase. If the ACC loses in court, it's game over for the conference and many of the schools. A deal with FSU, still allows blood to flow in the body

simple choice really
Truthfully, it's not good for both parties if it gets there
More time, more money, more bad press, more energy, more dirty secrets
Granted, it's much worse for the ACC, and I'd like to see them die in a fire, but that's besides the point

Truthfully, it's not good for both parties if it gets there
More time, more money, more bad press, more energy, more dirty secrets
Granted, it's much worse for the ACC, and I'd like to see them die in a fire, but that's besides the point
no doubt but as you say, worse for ACC. ACC lawyers have got to be telling the league that the risks before a judge need to be considered.

Basically I see this as:
If FSU can get out of the ACC and not bankrupt their athletic department by paying a reasonable sum , look for the ACC to be raided by the B1G and SEC and that will end the ACC's power conference status
North Carolina, Virginia ,Clemson & Miami will be looking to the B1G and SEC for homes knowing the others ( mentioned) might join FSU if the price isn't too steep for them .
Also the B1G 12 might find some of their better programs being poached by the B1G and SEC while the ACC tries to grab the best of the rest.
Once FSU get out and finds a new home, the other ACC schools will decide to find safe haven if they can.

As for the B1G 12, Kansas might look the B1G's way if the B1G starts poaching the ACC and feels the Jayhawks might be a good filler .

If the ACC prevails and makes to expensive for FSU to hit the freedom road , conference expansion will be put on hold and the ACC along with the Vitamin conference will be able to sleep in peace for a few more years.

• Haha
Reactions: mosito
Basically I see this as:
If FSU can get out of the ACC and not bankrupt their athletic department by paying a reasonable sum , look for the ACC to be raided by the B1G and SEC and that will end the ACC's power conference status
North Carolina, Virginia ,Clemson & Miami will be looking to the B1G and SEC for homes knowing the others ( mentioned) might join FSU if the price isn't too steep for them .
Also the B1G 12 might find some of their better programs being poached by the B1G and SEC while the ACC tries to grab the best of the rest.
Once FSU get out and finds a new home, the other ACC schools will decide to find safe haven if they can.

As for the B1G 12, Kansas might look the B1G's way if the B1G starts poaching the ACC and feels the Jayhawks might be a good filler .

If the ACC prevails and makes to expensive for FSU to hit the freedom road , conference expansion will be put on hold and the ACC along with the Vitamin conference will be able to sleep in peace for a few more years.
is this a joke post?

as you said, dont whine about it. Dont like it, don't read it, and move on. I personally enjoy following the demise of the ACC

Reactions: ScarletNut
Personally, I am rooting for it to go to court. There will likely be no winners there, and it will be a great show.
almost no chance it gets to court. going through the discover process is very unappealing for both sides. Plus, if you are the ACC, FSU has already said they are done with you. What kind of look is that to force them to stay? Kind of like your wife telling you she hates you and wants a divorce, and you fight to keep her locked in the house on some legal technicality. Pathetic look,

almost no chance it gets to court. going through the discover process is very unappealing for both sides. Plus, if you are the ACC, FSU has already said they are done with you. What kind of look is that to force them to stay? Kind of like your wife telling you she hates you and wants a divorce, and you fight to keep her locked in the house on some legal technicality. Pathetic look,
It is still going to court until it is not. A fight over venue is likely first.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT