ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

The ACC doesn't deserve a 2nd right now. In the past 6 years, 5 of them had their 2nd team outside the top15.... sometimes not even ranked.

So the ACC stole a spot 5 out of 6 years.
The Big12 stole a spot in 3 out of 6 years.

A 5/4/2/1/1 SEC/B10/B12/ACC/G5 with 1 at large would have been reflective of the average in the past 6 years. That is why i expected the 4/4/2/2. The B10 and SEC threw the B12 and ACC a bone.
I agree but it'll be hard to pull two away from a p5 conference that includes fsu and clemson so was being practical. I 100% am on same page, think ACC needs the BE treatment

The ACC doesn't deserve a 2nd right now. In the past 6 years, 5 of them had their 2nd team outside the top15.... sometimes not even ranked.

So the ACC stole a spot 5 out of 6 years.
The Big12 stole a spot in 3 out of 6 years.

A 5/4/2/1/1 SEC/B10/B12/ACC/G5 with 1 at large would have been reflective of the average in the past 6 years. That is why i expected the 4/4/2/2. The B10 and SEC threw the B12 and ACC a bone.
You don’t need a unanimous vote after 2026 and whether it’s deserved fully by the B12/ACC or not are both besides the point.

There is a P2 but it doesn’t mean they don’t want participation and buy in from all the other parties within reason. It’s better for CFB as a whole and then in turn better for the P2. They also don’t invite scrutiny from the outside if there’s decent participation from other parts of CFB outside the P2.

I don’t follow soccer but I’ve read quite a few tweets saying that it’s analogous to Champions league where the better Euro leagues get more bids but the others aren’t left out.

I agree with not putting ACC and Big12 to the side. I don't want the ACC to die, but would like them to be a distant 3rd, 2 AQs for now helps them. Keeping all fans engaged and giving them hope is good. I mean i have hope that we could go in as a 4th Big10 team.

But if the Big12 and ACC start losing while mostly taking SEC spots (B10 at times), people are going to go nuts.

Ironically Big12 fans are all up in arms even though this benefits them. ACC folks seem to be quiet.

One thing we need to remember when Oklahoma and Texas wanted to leave the Big 12
a deal was worked out to allow those to leave by
>The Big 12 announced in February that Texas and Oklahoma will forgo $100 million from the conference under an agreement that is allowing the schools to leave a year earlier than initially required. In response to recent questions from the USA TODAY Network, the conference said more than $80 million of that is based on money the schools will not get in 2024-25, the year after the move<

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...big-12-sec-espn-role-realignment/70910157007/

The ACC's GOR has years to go if the report of it being in place until 2036 is true.
so if the court decides in the ACC's favor, FSU will be looking at a long wait to leave or lose any TV rights earnings they earn and forfit it to the ACC who holds their TV rights earnings though the GOR they signed
If the dirty laundry rumor isn't true and the courts decide in ACC's favor, FSU might find leaving more expensive than it can afford and either wait till the ACC GOR expires or is close enough to it's expiration date that a deal to leave wouldn't break the bank

One thing we need to remember when Oklahoma and Texas wanted to leave the Big 12
a deal was worked out to allow those to leave by
>The Big 12 announced in February that Texas and Oklahoma will forgo $100 million from the conference under an agreement that is allowing the schools to leave a year earlier than initially required. In response to recent questions from the USA TODAY Network, the conference said more than $80 million of that is based on money the schools will not get in 2024-25, the year after the move<

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...big-12-sec-espn-role-realignment/70910157007/

The ACC's GOR has years to go if the report of it being in place until 2036 is true.
so if the court decides in the ACC's favor, FSU will be looking at a long wait to leave or lose any TV rights earnings they earn and forfit it to the ACC who holds their TV rights earnings though the GOR they signed
If the dirty laundry rumor isn't true and the courts decide in ACC's favor, FSU might find leaving more expensive than it can afford and either wait till the ACC GOR expires or is close enough to it's expiration date that a deal to leave wouldn't break the bank
Some of the stuff is subjective but the Swofford info is spot on

Some of the stuff is subjective but the Swofford info is spot on
Hope you're right and FSU can force the ACC to let them go at a reasonable price.
The ACC helped destroy the Big East by poaching its members , though it was the Providence gang that made BE football less then it should have been with it's status quo policy instead of trying to make BE football a strong conference .
Swofford getting nailed to the wall will be nice to see and I hope how the BE ship jumpers actions to get in are part of the dirty laundry.

FSU & B1G has a nice ring to it 😁

I agree with not putting ACC and Big12 to the side. I don't want the ACC to die, but would like them to be a distant 3rd, 2 AQs for now helps them. Keeping all fans engaged and giving them hope is good. I mean i have hope that we could go in as a 4th Big10 team.

But if the Big12 and ACC start losing while mostly taking SEC spots (B10 at times), people are going to go nuts.

Ironically Big12 fans are all up in arms even though this benefits them. ACC folks seem to be quiet.
I think the ACC is just happy that the B1G/SEC will keep them alive at least for the time being. Just settle with FSU and let them walk peacefully and I think all will work out.

Hope you're right and FSU can force the ACC to let them go at a reasonable price.
The ACC helped destroy the Big East by poaching its members , though it was the Providence gang that made BE football less then it should have been with it's status quo policy instead of trying to make BE football a strong conference .
Swofford getting nailed to the wall will be nice to see and I hope how the BE ship jumpers actions to get in are part of the dirty laundry.

FSU & B1G has a nice ring to it 😁
From your mouth to Gods ears!

Court dates are set for FSU vs. the ACC
North Carolina = 3/22
Florida = 4/9

New buyout numbers estimated to be between 150 and 570 million - neither is willing to pay /accept those amounts, so a number near the middle should do the trick

Can't post a link as it's from one of the other sites

Reactions: mosito

Links to the court dates.

As far as the buyout.... it was probably speculation IMO... no way some would still be thinking it is 570M.
I suspect the 150M was the 100M buyout to leave, plus 50M for 1-2 years in case ESPN does not renew.
150 was floor and 572 was ceiling
I think it was a typo in artcile b/c exit fee was 120 mil

Bringing the Clemson article to the All Inclusive ACC Dumpster fire thread.

Clemson Sues ACC

Notes from different articles
  • Regardless if the ACC dissolves, the Remaining teams would back-fill and the NEW ACC would still have the grant of rights to any team that leaves until 2036.
  • If ESPN does not renew the contract by 2025, ACC would still have GOR and could negotiate for a smaller amount with ESPN or whoever. The teams would still be on the hook for the smaller amount.
  • Clemson/FSU needs to win in court to get out for free, which could take years.
  • Most believe a negotiated settlement will occur for 150-250M.
  • Clemson ACC suit is using a different angle. Saying GOR is only valid while the team remains in the conference.
ACC will be fighting tooth and nail for the highest settlement possible. That ensures only teams with full payouts elsewhere can leave. Teams with partial shares wouldn't be able to leave. Not cost effective.

I wonder if Clemson has a full payout in the P2 or is doing this with the hopes of the GOR being dissolved.

Played golf Sunday with my Clemson buddy that had some BOG connections. He just called me and said - Told you so.

His info says B1G not SEC
FSU and Clemson to the B10?
I did hear the concept of Clemson and FSU grabbing some of the Atlanta/GA market. Clemson is closer to FSU than Miami.

Also it appears Miami voted to sue FSU, maybe they have no home and its FSU/Clemson.

Something to keep in mind.

The CFP $$$ is based off of past participation. Clemson/FSU are now more valuable, especially Clemson. With the clause to revisit the CFP format, bids, and revenue, i can see the angle.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Acc is already losing. The only question, one I predicted long ago would happen, is how much less these schools pay to leave. It's not going to be what was originally agreed to.

The conference is over. The only question at this point is who goes where. I still maintain what I've always heard.

UNC/Uva to the B1G.

• Love
UVA is leading the charge against FSU. Might not be UVA. Or maybe told only a partial with V-tech left outside looking in.

One of the last pressers/announcements from the ACC was with the UVA president if i am not mistaken. And he noted that Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, Wake and I believe another signed to sue FSU.

Seems like there are only certain schools the ACC is trusting.

'Clemson sates in the lawsuit that if it leaves the ACC, the ACC would not suffer damages in an amount even remotely approaching the amount of the withdrawal penalty. The penalty is 140mm so Clemson is basically saying they don't bring that much to the financial table lol this was supposed to happen last month but it's probably related to what ESPN knew they'd have to pay into the SEC once the CFP etc were all finalized.

now they need to deliver intent to leave like fsu which then would allow them to negotiate with other conferences

UVA is leading the charge against FSU. Might not be UVA. Or maybe told only a partial with V-tech left outside looking in.

One of the last pressers/announcements from the ACC was with the UVA president if i am not mistaken. And he noted that Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, Wake and I believe another signed to sue FSU.

those schools really have nowhere to go unless the B12 changes membership. I mean, I'm sure the B12 would rather Pitt vs Cinci as an example

UVA can eat a dick
They had their chance in football and squandered it

Enjoy being a bball & lax centric school or join the party and stop forgoing 85 % of the athletic dept revenue

It’s up to them to smarten up…
Choose wisely

Reactions: RUaMoose
Is Clemson close to AAU status? They're 86th in US News so that's reasonable...only Nebraska would still be the only B1G school not in the Top 100 if the B1G adds FSU/Clemson. FSU is close to AAU status, I wonder if Clemson is as well.

Is Clemson close to AAU status? They're 86th in US News so that's reasonable...only Nebraska would still be the only B1G school not in the Top 100 if the B1G adds FSU/Clemson. FSU is close to AAU status, I wonder if Clemson is as well.
Oregon AAU?

Boston College 😮, sounds like the ACC already lost if they trust the Fredos

Trusting Syracuse not to jump off like a rat on a sinking ship might be unwise.

Last edited:
Apparently the ACC started strong and then fizzled.....
Day 1 Done.

Rohan Law was on Double Fries, No Slaw podcast
If you're looking for a solid pod, TJ is your guy

Cliff notes:
Case likely taking place in NC due to Clemmy joining the fray
Judge appears to be good, impartial, and open minded

Settlement could happen this summer (150-200 mil is the rumored amount), but needs to happen before Feb, 2025

UNC joining the lawsuit would speed things up

Another case will be heard in Tallahassee on 4/9

Danielle Kelly is a good follow on twitter - super smart, blatantly biased, but knows her stuff

Additionally, here is FSU's new court filing. Notice they mentioned "When we leave the conference" three separate times.

That vernacular was never in the past filings

If you don't think they have another landing spot wrapped up, I don't know what to tell you

I think FSU are seeing writing on the wall that it will be a <300M settlement and are going full tilt. They don't want to let it drag for years, so if they can pay a manageable amount for them they will.

ACC better hope they still have some angles to keep that settlement past 200M.... otherwise quite a few might jump.

I think FSU are seeing writing on the wall that it will be a <300M settlement and are going full tilt. They don't want to let it drag for years, so if they can pay a manageable amount for them they will.

ACC better hope they still have some angles to keep that settlement past 200M.... otherwise quite a few might jump.
There won’t be a spot for ‘quite a few’

It's in both parties best interest to settle
If it goes the distance, whoever loses would be in trouble

FSU loses it's near 600 mil they'd have to pay
ACC loses and they're left with nothing from the 4-7 members that would leave

how big do you see the big conferences getting ? At some point there would be too many schools to increase the $ per school

Good old Heather
Here's two of her gems over the years

FBI allegedly contacted

FSU's "ceiling" in the 1st paragraph - we know what happened the following year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT