ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

if anything even close to those tweets happens the ensuing litigation for collusion and purposeful brand destruction become epic, like Senate level hearings epic

FSU wants it's own identity as well, SEC is not the answer
Especially after the playoff disaster and now being in a lawsuit with them
Couple in not being lumped in with UF and it makes it even more important to get in the B1G

Worse case they'll do SEC as they have to get out of the ACC, but the B1G is the preferred destination for a host of reasons

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Especially after the playoff disaster and now being in a lawsuit with them
Couple in not being lumped in with UF and it makes it even more important to get in the B1G

Worse case they'll do SEC as they have to get out of the ACC, but the B1G is the preferred destination for a host of reasons
I just can't buy that ESPN is looking to move FSU to SEC (moving assets if you will) diluding the value of the schools in the ACC in such a manner. that would effectively bring in state and gov't sources. it's literally a death blow to espn and their interaction with college sports.

I just can't buy that ESPN is looking to move FSU to SEC (moving assets if you will) diluding the value of the schools in the ACC in such a manner. that would effectively bring in state and gov't sources. it's literally a death blow to espn and their interaction with college sports.
I'm guessing it's a last resort to prevent them from moving to the B1G and Fox, but we'll have to see what happens as there are so many rumors and "sources."

Let me re-phrase: FSU would kill to make the money BIG/SEC schools are and will make and have a bye week in the playoff tourney when going undefeated in the regular season.

GO RU
This, although getting shafted out of the playoffs due to $$ and corruption would have sufficed

Reactions: satnom
I read through those tweets quickly, so maybe I'm missing it, but what happens to the ACC in 2036 and beyond? Why would ESPN give two s***s about them at that point? If the ACC accepts this deal, it's not very forward thinking.
Do you prefer if I kick you in your left nut or your right nut?

part 2 went down today - takeways:

- FSU did not win, ACC got a small win
- Judge is giving FSU a do over to restate their argument
- Judge wants them to settle within 120 days, nobody is forced but Judge highly recommended it's time to settle.

the clock has started

Last edited:
part 2 went down today - takeways:

- FSU did not win, ACC got a small win
- Judge is giving FSU a do over to restate their argument
- Judge wants them to settle within 120 days, nobody is forced but Judge highly recommended it's time to settle.

the clock has started
That would give a resolution before the season Which has been hinted on on a bunch of podcasts and articles

Let’s hope this comes a fruition as I am ready to be done with this godforsaken conference

Florida AG now takes it a step further and is suing the ACC

I don't understand why the schools that agreed to the media rights contracts don't already have a copy of the contracts they agreed to. Did they really agree to contracts / provisions that they did not read?? I'm confused.

I don't understand why the schools that agreed to the media rights contracts don't already have a copy of the contracts they agreed to. Did they really agree to contracts / provisions that they did not read?? I'm confused.
Not sure
All I know is it's locked away in NC somewhere

Just spoke with my buddy, this is what he said:

-Exit announced this summer
-Move for 2025 season
-Worst case play 2024 vs ACC schedule but not as official ACC school
- AG lawsuit intented to create pressure on ACC to settle (reinforces what judge in Leon County said the other day)
-ESPN has no intentions to disclouse their agreements
- Also no intention of extending ACC contact in 2027 (thereby making GOR null and void)

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Just spoke with my buddy, this is what he said:

-Exit announced this summer
-Move for 2025 season
-Worst case play 2024 vs ACC schedule but not as official ACC school
- AG lawsuit intented to create pressure on ACC to settle (reinforces what judge in Leon County said the other day)
-ESPN has no intentions to disclouse their agreements
- Also no intention of extending ACC contact in 2027 (thereby making GOR null and void)
Where does you buddy think FSU ends up? $EC, B1G or independent?

I am still not buying FSU into the BIG- while from a football, recruiting, brand standpoint - yes. But those in Tallahassee don't seem like a fit when you look at what the BIG ten added previously (markets (miami>tallahasse, AAU, alumni locations- there aint no BIG graduates kicking it in the panhandle near Tallahassee, Endowment sizes, culture fit)

I still see UNC and UVA or Miami as the 2 fits for the BIG - unless ND is ready while the SEC takes FSU and Clemson

Last edited:
I still see UNC and UVA or Miami as the 2 fits for the BIG - unless ND is ready while the SEC takes FSU and Clemson

Definitely those two, but I'm not sure how taking UVA without VT would fly in Virginia. They've kind of tied them together internally in state politics.

ND is a wildcard: the Big 10 has wanted them for decades, but the perceived value they bring has waned over time. Not sure if there's still a burning desire to bring them in.

I am still not buying FSU into the BIG- while from a football, recruiting, brand standpoint - yes. But those in Tallahassee don't seem like a fit when you look at what the BIG ten added previously (markets (miami>tallahasse, AAU, alumni locations- there aint no BIG graduates kicking it in the panhandle near Tallahassee, Endowment sizes, culture fit)

The playoff snub really soured a lot of Noles on the SEC

B1G was gaining momentum w the fanbase but the snub out them over the top with a large segment

I heard on a recent podcast that nearly 80% off FSU fans polled would prefer the Big Ten over the SEC

The administration and board of trustees prefers the big ten as well - high level Boosters are also starting to come around to the idea

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The playoff snub really soured a lot of Noles on the SEC

B1G was gaining momentum w the fanbase but the snub out them over the top with a large segment

I heard on a recent podcast that nearly 80% off FSU fans polled would prefer the Big Ten over the SEC

The administration and board of trustees prefers the big ten as well - high level Boosters are also starting to come around to the idea

Oh I don't doubt the FSU prefers the BIG to the SEC. BIG is a national conference now, with more benefits outside of football to a University. They would also get to be the premiere southern school which would elevate them from Florida and other southern schools.

I just question if they are truly a fit and the actual first choice for the BIG, should everything blow up.

Definitely those two, but I'm not sure how taking UVA without VT would fly in Virginia. They've kind of tied them together internally in state politics.

ND is a wildcard: the Big 10 has wanted them for decades, but the perceived value they bring has waned over time. Not sure if there's still a burning desire to bring them in.
With NBC/Peacock as a TV provider, full membership may not be in the cards, but perhaps more scheduling of B10 teams will be as the ACC diminishes over time.

Oh I don't doubt the FSU prefers the BIG to the SEC. BIG is a national conference now, with more benefits outside of football to a University. They would also get to be the premiere southern school which would elevate them from Florida and other southern schools.

I just question if they are truly a fit and the actual first choice for the BIG, should everything blow up.
Agree and as always it’ll come down to $$

Tallahassee is more of a fit than those nutjobs from Washington and Oregon. You want to talk about another planet!!!!!

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of fishiness, and universities claiming they were cheated in the past when they voluntarily signed agreements. If some of these claims were legitimate, I think the ACC would have already fallen apart. God knows there is a lot of financial pressure for that; the strongest kind of pressure there is.

Obviously I don't know jack about it, but neither do many other people ruminating in social media about it, apparently. Some of the speculation doesn't pass the look test, though...

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of fishiness, and universities claiming they were cheated in the past when they voluntarily signed agreements. If some of these claims were legitimate, I think the ACC would have already fallen apart. God knows there is a lot of financial pressure for that; the strongest kind of pressure there is.

Obviously I don't know jack about it, but neither do many other people ruminating in social media about it, apparently. Some of the speculation doesn't pass the look test, though...
We (FSU) slept on it

Got complacent with the wrong people in charge and trusted the league to do the right thing

Reactions: dconifer
FSU did not make it into the AAU in its latest expansion round. ND, Miami, USF, ASU, UC Riverside, and GW all did. The B1G has no need to admit a non-AAU member when much more prestigious institutions like UNC and UVa may well become available. Both have outstanding well-rounded athletic programs. Not every new member of the B1G needs to be a football powerhouse.

FSU did not make it into the AAU in its latest expansion round. ND, Miami, USF, ASU, UC Riverside, and GW all did. The B1G has no need to admit a non-AAU member when much more prestigious institutions like UNC and UVa may well become available. Both have outstanding well-rounded athletic programs. Not every new member of the B1G needs to be a football powerhouse.
It all comes down to money
Like it or not, that’s all that matters

'On Dec. 22, the Florida State board voted to sue the ACC in Leon County, Florida, seeking to void the grant of rights and withdrawal fee as "unreasonable restraints of trade in the state of Florida and not enforceable in their entirety against Florida State."'

If the FL courts agree with this premise in the FSU suit against the ACC, doesn't that preclude FSU from signing any other conference agreements that put limits or restrictions in FSUs ability to do what they want? Why would a conference accept an agreement from FSU when there is an established legal basis to void it at will?

'On Dec. 22, the Florida State board voted to sue the ACC in Leon County, Florida, seeking to void the grant of rights and withdrawal fee as "unreasonable restraints of trade in the state of Florida and not enforceable in their entirety against Florida State."'

If the FL courts agree with this premise in the FSU suit against the ACC, doesn't that preclude FSU from signing any other conference agreements that put limits or restrictions in FSUs ability to do what they want? Why would a conference accept an agreement from FSU when there is an established legal basis to void it at will?
They’re looking to void the contact bc the ACC didn’t live up to their end of the bargain, along with many other things they pulled

We’ve been in the league 30+ years, carrying it for a large portion of that time, and didn’t start making noise until recently

Frankly, we should have made noise long before we did as the league has been dropping the ball (and doing shady things) for awhile now

They’re looking to void the contact bc the ACC didn’t live up to their end of the bargain, along with many other things they pulled

We’ve been in the league 30+ years, carrying it for a large portion of that time, and didn’t start making noise until recently

Frankly, we should have made noise long before we did as the league has been dropping the ball (and doing shady things) for awhile now
Maybe I missed it, but did your reply have anything to do with my post?

Just out of curiosity, what "shady things" has my previous fanhood home, the ACC, been doing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT