ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Replacements at RU 1989

Probably my favorite Replacements song. I would have loved to be at that show, but I was a bit on the young side.

The bar they're hangin' at is the Court Tavern. Concert was oversold, so they played two shows that night. They were completely wasted for show No. 2.

I was at that show - my favorite Replacements show (saw them 4X), which means one of my all-time favorite shows, since they were such a great rock and roll band, even if a little sloppy and drunk at times - that's kind of what R&R is all about, lol. Yes, they had oversold the event due to counterfeit tickets and while waiting in line someone came out and said those of us on line couldn't get in to the 8 pm show, but that the band agreed to put on an 11 pm show for fans with actual tickets. So, I came back at 11 and they played for over 2 hours and according to those who saw both, it was the better show - I just know it was a great, wild performance. Were you there that night?

Also, I wonder if Carolyn Marosy, who put that video together, is related to our own marosy (who I think may have changed his username)...

I was at that show - my favorite Replacements show (saw them 4X), which means one of my all-time favorite shows, since they were such a great rock and roll band, even if a little sloppy and drunk at times - that's kind of what R&R is all about, lol. Yes, they had oversold the event due to counterfeit tickets and while waiting in line someone came out and said those of us on line couldn't get in to the 8 pm show, but that the band agreed to put on an 11 pm show for fans with actual tickets. So, I came back at 11 and they played for over 2 hours and according to those who saw both, it was the better show - I just know it was a great, wild performance. Were you there that night?

Also, I wonder if Carolyn Marosy, who put that video together, is related to our own marosy (who I think may have changed his username)...
He has.

Reactions: RU848789

Unfortunately, I missed that show. I did see 'em a few times open up for Tom Petty and Elvis Costello.

Where the hell was I????? My favorite band of all time. Saw them open up for Keith Richards at Brendan Byrne Arena just 4 months earlier to this show but somehow don't recall this at all.....oh well.

Deinerfest had Live back in the day and did they have Spin Doctors or was that at the Livingston Gym...actually it was both Deinerfest in April 91 and then Livingston Gym in 92

Live was in 93. Digable Planets with their one hit...Cool Like That also played

remember Cook used to be a big drinking fest with basically no restriction on drinking in and outside of the apartments on Ag Field Day

frats had big blowouts with bands outside like Zeta Mania by Zeta Psi which was probably my all time favorite weekend at RU and also Chi Phis Big Orange Freakout.

also the Red Hot Chili Peppers played in 89 but I missed that one

Fuel played in 2001 but it was called Rutgersfest and moved to Busch

Last edited:
large_IMG_4086.jpg

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT