ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top 5 worst movies you actually saw in a theater

The Pokeman movie. I took my then young kids to see it. I was a little hung over and tired from the night before. I ended up falling asleep 5 minutes into the movie and woke up during the closing credits.
Good call. Harder to suffer a Poké seizure when you’re asleep.

Reactions: batts
Went to a movie theater in New Brunswick alone back in the 80s, it's not there any more. The movie was really good for the first five minutes and then I just wasn't interested anymore and left.

Reactions: RuBird and czxqa
The Last Action Hero - Schwarzenegger
The Cell - J-Lo
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Connery
The Fog - Tom Welling
Dude Where’s My Car - stiffler from american pie

Conspiracy theory
Day after tomorrow
Star Trek V, VI and Nemesis
I see so few movies in the actual theater (last one was in 2017) that the bad ones really stand out

interesting how many of these have become cult classics to some extent.... or even "re-discovered hidden gems"

I've walked out on several movies, but the one that immediately comes to mind is the Ladykillers (the remake). I'm a big Coen Brothers fan, and there were good actors in it, but it was so grating that I left in the first half hour.

I think it's the only Coen Brothers movie I haven't seen all the way through.

If we're doing five:
The Ladykillers
Godzilla, King of Monsters (my son and I actually had a good time making fun of the movie)
Titanic
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull (in a drive-in theater with the A-Team as a double feature)
Some that were so forgettable I can't remember the title

It was before my time, but I have a really hard time believing Deep Throat was screened at a Drive-In theater.

Last edited:
8 and 1/2. It was an Italian movie in a New Brunswick theater in 1959 and I was on a date with a cute chick It was so bad we left and went to make out some where.

Reactions: RutgersRockies
Ghandi. I don’t know if it really qualifies but it’s the only time I’ve ever fallen asleep in a movie theater.

• Haha
Reactions: Scarlet1984
A Man Named Horse. On a first date with this young chick that work for me. We were at the Iselin Drive In. So bad we just placed the speakers outside the car and closed the windows and found something else to do.
I Think It work out well. We were talking to
our 13 year old Grandson about the drive thru
movies and he was bewildered, he says how could see a movie from a car? That was fifty years ago.

True, if I had seen it in a theater. Although they redeemed themselves with Wrath of Khan, I have to put Star Trek 1 on the list.
Good Trek:
ST 2, 3, 4, Generations, First Contact, the fist two reboots

Bad Trek:
ST 1, 5, 6, Nemesis, Insurrection, Beyond

Well we all know about your sense of taste...
LAAm509.gif
5V6RYAJ.gif

But there have been a couple mentioned here that I liked: Corvette Summer, saw it as a kid and I'm a car guy; Starship Troopers (had a great trailer that I can never find now); Last Action Hero.
I know the one you’re talking about:

Has the “Don’t mess with Earth!” line followed by “Song 2” by Blur

I know the one you’re talking about:

Has the “Don’t mess with Earth!” line followed by “Song 2” by Blur

Something like: "They attacked us, bombed our cities, yada, yada. But on November 4th, they'll learn that they messed with the wrong species!"

Loved Starship Troopers and the roughnecks, I’m an enormous Sci-Fi fan.
The Thing 1951 Version and Alien 1979 are the two best ever.
Original War of the worlds and original Day the earth stood still were very good.
Eyes Wide Shut worst movie ever made

Reactions: Ash_Hole
Just found that tag line, still can't find that trailer:

They came to our planet, they destroyed our cities. But on November 7, they'll learn, they messed with the wrong species.

Went to a movie theater in New Brunswick alone back in the 80s, it's not there any more. The movie was really good for the first five minutes and then I just wasn't interested anymore and left.
If it was the one I saw, way too much plot not enough action

1) 50 Shades of Gray- the dialogue was so bad we were laughing in the theater
2) Grownups 2- I tangibly felt those actors reaching into my wallet to steal my money
3) Uncut Gems- most overhyped POS movie by Adam Sandler
4) Bruno- nothing, I mean nothing was funny in this Sasha Baren Cohen s show
5)Florida Project- indie film that my wife dragged me to. As soon as the credits started to roll I said to her “ You owe me- big time”

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Loved Starship Troopers and the roughnecks, I’m an enormous Sci-Fi fan.
The Thing 1951 Version and Alien 1979 are the two best ever.
Original War of the worlds and original Day the earth stood still were very good.
Eyes Wide Shut worst movie ever made
Agree with Eyes Wide Shut. I put Vanilla Sky in the same category.

Eyes Wide Shut
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Watched “Eye’s Wide Shut“ with my wife at the time. I really enjoyed it a lot. She hated it intensely. Talking about it with other couples at the time, there seemed to be a trend where most guys enjoyed it and most girls hated it.

I think the wives were all somewhat annoyed that a lot of the husbands apparently got turned on by the movie. 🤣

Flashdance - Saw it as a kid in the theater because my friend's mom wanted to see it but couldn't dump us off anyplace else. Boring drek except for the scene where she takes off her bra under her shirt.

Battlefield Earth - Saw this one because the kid wanted to see it. Total crap.

Meet Joe Black - Pitt in Death Takes A Holiday. Saw it on a first date and actually fell asleep. For almost all 3 hours of it.

Natural Born Killers - People who like this movie and make excuses for it are idiots who scare the piss out of me.

Weiner Dog - Didn't see it in a theater but it might be the only movie that made me stand up and yell ' oh F you for wasting my time' at the screen. Just amazing garbage packaged as high art
“Meet Joe Black“ is probably in my top 25 movies. LOL

Conspiracy theory
Day after tomorrow
Star Trek V, VI and Nemesis
I see so few movies in the actual theater (last one was in 2017) that the bad ones really stand out
Ouch. We are definitely not gonna ever be movie buddies. I really liked all those. Although with Conspiracy Theory, it’s mostly about the song at the end.

The worst movie in the history of movie-making, and it’s really not close, is “Wicker Man”. The acting was epically awful. The screenplay was vomit-inducing. The plot was pure shit.

The ending made me want to blow up the whole planet on the theory that no civilization, that could conceive of and then commit a crime as heinous as that ending, should be allowed to survive to further devalue the universe.

The worst movie in the history of movie-making, and it’s really not close, is “Wicker Man”. The acting was epically awful. The screenplay was vomit-inducing. The plot was pure shit.

The ending made me want to blow up the whole planet on the theory that no civilization, that could conceive of and then commit a crime as heinous as that ending, should be allowed to survive to further devalue the universe.
The original or the remake?

The original or the remake?
The one with Nick Cage. Didn’t know there were two. But the fact that there were two tells me all I need to know about the depths to which humanity can sink. 🙂

The one with Nick Cage. Didn’t know there were two. But the fact that there were two tells me all I need to know about the depths to which humanity can sink. 🙂
First one was pretty good with Cage’s role played by Edward Woodward. Christopher Lee and a very naked Britt Ekland were also in the original.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT