ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UCLA's Jim Mora takes a dig at Rutgers

Hopefully Mora just said that because Clark is from NJ, and not equating us to a community college - if it's the latter than Mora is an idiotic tool!

This was no "shot" at Rutgers. The kid is from NJ, so Mora in essence told him to go home if he doesn't improve. I have no idea where you guys believe this is a cheap shot at RU.

UCLA has won 10 games two years in a row, finished #10 last year, is killing it in recruiting and plays in front of 75-80K. We should underachieve so much.

"I'll drive you to the airport and you can transfer to Rutgers or a junior college."

You really have no idea? The guy literally used the name of our school in parallel to a junior college. I will never understand why people brown-nose any coach just because he's at a more established program even after he just blatantly disrespected you. You could slurp him all you want, I cant wait to bash his overrated head in on the field.

Reactions: ruready07
No doubt it was a cheap shot. The stink of RU 1990s football is still on RU for the uneducated like Mora. He used it specifically as a cheap shot not only because he thinks UCLA is that much better than RU but also because the player is from NJ and he associates him with RU. I hope Jordan Fuller and his family are listening. I hope we get them in the Rose Bowl and kick the $hit out of his team. Mora has a .470 lifetime record as an NFL coach till he got fired. How long does he last at UCLA?

Last edited:
No doubt it was a cheap shot. The stink of RU 1990s football is still on RU for the uneducated like Mora. He used it specifically as a cheap shot not only because he thinks UCLA is that much better than RU but also because the player is from NJ and he associates him with RU. I hope Jordan Fuller and his family are listening. I hope we get them in the Rose Bowl and kick the $hit out of his team. Mora has a .470 lifetime record as an NFL coach till he got fired. How long does he last at UCLA?

Lets not compare College coaching with the pros, many college coaches failed as Pro HCs but are considered elite as college HCs.
Jim Mora is doing pretty well at UCLA since he started there in 2012 with a 29-11 total W-L record (18-9 conference) for the 3 years he's been there.
Dude might be an ass and lost more than he won in pro ranks, but that doesn't make him a failure as a college HC.

Lets not compare College coaching with the pros, many college coaches failed as Pro HCs but are considered elite as college HCs.
Jim Mora is doing pretty well at UCLA since he started there in 2012 with a 29-11 total W-L record (18-9 conference) for the 3 years he's been there.
Dude might be an ass and lost more than he won in pro ranks, but that doesn't make him a failure as a college HC.

Maybe so, but it's more about the program than Mora's coaching acumen. His budget is unlimited, he's recruiting to LA, he's got a 75,000 seat stadium and a pretty good tradition. I just hope he's still there when we play them.

Mora probably lived in NJ.
I remember seeing his brother Steve play in the state championship game for Cherokee. Steve got dragged at least 30 yards by a running back & I'm not exaggerating. You would think he would at least get caught up in the guys legs but he just got dragged & then fell off & the running back went in for the TD. I still have never seen a play like it. In his defense, the RB did go to Coffeyville.

Is it an NCAA violation if I offer to pick him up at Newark Liberty and drive him to campus?

I don't know what Mora meant, but there is some misinformation in this thread. LA is indeed a college football town. Specifically, a USC town first, followed by Ucla. It will take decades of winning big, including multiple national championships, for Ucla to reach SC's level. The reverse applies in basketball, as well.

Anyone pooh poo'ing PAC football needs to stay up a little longer and is looking at things very provincially. Numerous national championships, including being the discussion virtually every year. It plays a great brand of football. Just because you aren't watching doesn't mean it ain't happening.

Reactions: ruready07
To me I wouldnt take Mora's quote literally. Obviously Mora knows the kid is from New Jersey and was trying to motivate him by saying, "Get your act together or go home". If the kid really was from Connecticutt I could see Mora substituting Rutgers with UCONN. I'm not a Rutgers fan, but I really dont think Mora meant to slight Rutgers, jmo.

Maybe so, but it's more about the program than Mora's coaching acumen. His budget is unlimited, he's recruiting to LA, he's got a 75,000 seat stadium and a pretty good tradition. I just hope he's still there when we play them.

The Rose Bowl (UCLA's home) seats a lot more than 75,000

58755097.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT