ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Urban Meyer Fired

Urban has too many blemishes to get back into coaching. I don't see it happening.

• Haha
Reactions: fsg2
Urban has too many blemishes to get back into coaching. I don't see it happening.
I think that’ll be more up to him than circumstances. If he wants to coach in college there will be schools that aren’t winning enough that will want him.

I tend to think he’ll take time off and go into tv again (he’s good at that) but if he decides to come back there will be takers.

I think that’ll be more up to him than circumstances. If he wants to coach in college there will be schools that aren’t winning enough that will want him.

I tend to think he’ll take time off and go into tv again (he’s good at that) but if he decides to come back there will be takers.
I’m convinced Sark in Austin has already been told…9 wins or else…

Kicking/hitting players is not a good look. Ask Woddy Hayes. Lots more lenient years ago.

Agree
TV at first then look at the offers as they come in .
Once 2022 is complete and heads start to roll, Urban will find a high paying spot to his liking.
( maybe even sooner according to the programs that dump their HC before season ends and with Meyer out there, that could happen fast if that school knows Urban will take the job once its open)

That was on video...this is he said/he said.
That's funny. There were 100 People on the field. Tough to look a college kids mom in the face with the lap dance video. How about the video where he is on a boat with buddies and someone hitting a bong in the background. LOL

That's funny. There were 100 People on the field. Tough to look a college kids mom in the face with the lap dance video. How about the video where he is on a boat with buddies and someone hitting a bong in the background. LOL
I think you overestimate how much any of that will mean to quite a few schools who want to win and win big.

It's a matter of whether UM still wants to coach or not in future.

I think you overestimate how much any of that will mean to quite a few schools who want to win and win big.

It's a matter of whether UM still wants to coach or not in future.
I do not believe I underestimate how much big schools want to win. I have lived in the middle of SEC/ACC country for the last three decades with many booster friends from different schools. I put one kid thru UF and another thru FSU. I think I understand the culture just fine.

I also live in Jacksonville where if you live in an affluent area you are likely to have a player or coach as a neighbor. Lots of Urban BS. I think he is done.

I do not believe I underestimate how much big schools want to win. I have lived in the middle of SEC/ACC country for the last three decades with many booster friends from different schools. I put one kid thru UF and another thru FSU. I think I understand the culture just fine.

I also live in Jacksonville where if you live in an affluent area you are likely to have a player or coach as a neighbor. Lots of Urban BS. I think he is done.
Durkin is working at Ole Miss as DC. Two Briles assistants are some of the hotter names in the profession (Kendal Briles and Jeff Lebby) and on track to be HCs in the future, specifically Lebby.

Les Miles was accused of quite a few things at Ok State but it was his lack of winning that got him fired from LSU not that. He also got hired at Kansas too. Sarkisian had alcohol related issues and now is HC at Texas. Hugh Freeze is coaching with a big contract at Liberty.

UM will have suitors if he wants to coach.

edit: Forgot UM’s history itself is an example. Tons of off the field probs at Florida and that didn’t stop OSU from hiring him.

Last edited:

Done in Florida maybe.

With FSU's seat hot, I wouldn't even spend much time making that argument, though.

If Urban wants to coach again he will have options. Many, many schools are whores for wins. If Jerry Sandusky could guarantee wins someone would try to get him out of prison to coach. Winning balances the budget.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT