ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Which 60's Rock Goddess Is Hotter?

Jackie Deshannon
Jackie-DeShannon-Picture.jpg

Merilee Rush
07658a729b17137d7c3bc770a84864a3.jpg

Melanie
5043265dd0ccb149da3fb17dc97e47be.jpg

Now.. remember that back then.. talent mattered as much as looks.. autotune not really a thing yet
That song Angel of the Morning was an AM radio staple

Another staple from Jackie Deshannon

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Carly started out in the 60s with her sister as The Simon Sisters

Carly started out in the 60s with her sister as The Simon Sisters

The Simon Sisters appeared on the fourth episode of the ABC-TV show "Hootenanny" (1963-1964) and was live on April 27, 1963. The show went to different colleges each week. The episode you can watch here was live from Rutgers University down in The Ledge (today's Student Activities Center). Carly Simon and her sister appeared with The Smothers Brothers. Right after this clip is another shot five years ago with The Simon Sisters talking about that night in 1963.

The Simon Sisters appeared on the fourth episode of the ABC-TV show "Hootenanny" (1963-1964) and was live on April 27, 1963. The show went to different colleges each week. The episode you can watch here was live from Rutgers University down in The Ledge (today's Student Activities Center). Carly Simon and her sister appeared with The Smothers Brothers. Right after this clip is another shot five years ago with The Simon Sisters talking about that night in 1963.

I think the girl from the cover of 'long cool women' beats them all!

OP - the Smiths was a different band. All male. Smith is the one you referenced. With that said, I like Nico.

No love for Cher? was this the 60s?

She was kinda hot on TV. She had those hip huggers and hair flip with tongue and lip purse. Alas as time went (and plastic surgeries mounted) on I "snapped out of it"

bS5fhhw.gif

Reactions: Jm0513
She seems like an enormous PITA.

She was cool in the 60s. There are probably hens you liked in HS but are bints now. Cher was like that. She had father issues and her relationships were never good (as one could expect) but she's not Hillary (also had awful pops).

Cher was once natural when most other women were as well. No sillicones, syringe lips, gym workouts etc. In an age of natural Cher was kinda Woodstock cool

Last edited:
Side quest...My fav Cher from one of my fav movies (so much going on in that flick but people dont see it). Ingenues rock in all decades...

mluUvXl.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
Side quest...My fav Cher from one of my fav movies (so much going on in that flick but people dont see it). Ingenues rock in all decades...

mluUvXl.gif
I hung out with her as she dated a friend of mine when I lived in Cali. very cool and own to earth

Reactions: ashokan
Does Ann Margaret count for singing in "Tommy"? She was nominated for AA for the roll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT