ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rock and Roll HOF 2024 Inductees

You know, the Beasties have some hip-hip infused rockers too...

Actually, I'm not too familiar with all of their stuff. And I'm fine with that.
I've mostly heard their big hit about fighting for some right to party. If I remember correctly it was three guys taking turns yelling at me over the simplest chords endlessly repeated. Brilliant.
I actually used that tune to aggrevate some of the older folk at this bar where I used to hang out in North Bergen. The stuff on that jukebox was mostly lame, but one day they for some reason added that Beastie Boys tune. I wore it out annoying all of the old-timers who had endlessly played mostly Sinatra stuff. It was great payback. Unfortunately, one of them was screwing one of the owners and managed to get the offending tune removed.
That's pretty much the only time I ever put money in a jukebox to hear someone yelling at me.

Was not going to do it, but Styx is trash compared to the Scorpions.
Like I said- love Scorpions and always blasted them but I believe I am a little older than you and my HS years were 76-80...I would say that of the bands who's t-shirts were worn most- Kiss was by far number 1 but then it was a pretty tight race between Styx, Queen, Van Halen

Actually, I'm not too familiar with all of their stuff. And I'm fine with that.
I've mostly heard their big hit about fighting for some right to party. If I remember correctly it was three guys taking turns yelling at me over the simplest chords endlessly repeated. Brilliant.
I actually used that tune to aggrevate some of the older folk at this bar where I used to hang out in North Bergen. The stuff on that jukebox was mostly lame, but one day they for some reason added that Beastie Boys tune. I wore it out annoying all of the old-timers who had endlessly played mostly Sinatra stuff. It was great payback. Unfortunately, one of them was screwing one of the owners and managed to get the offending tune removed.
That's pretty much the only time I ever put money in a jukebox to hear someone yelling at me.
May I suggest you Check Your Head? See those cases on the album cover? They are geetars!!! 😜
Beastie-Boys-Check-Your-Head.jpg

Reactions: RU848789
May I suggest you Check Your Head? See those cases on the album cover? They are geetars!!! 😜
Beastie-Boys-Check-Your-Head.jpg
Please. One of the guys in the crowd I hung around with back in the day always seemed to carry a guitar around with him. He said it helped him with the ladies. The poor soul played the guitar worse than I did...and I stunk.
Strange that I've never heard any awesome guitar work from the beasties. I guess I could have missed it.

I did say it was a short list. it only included my favorite reggae artists that I enjoy and remembered at that particular time.
Not really a fan of Banton...although I know he is very popular.
How about Jimmy Cliff? I’ve been a fan of his for a long time.

Reactions: Kbee3
she's probably more Rock & Roll than Cher lol
Taylor has reached a level not seen by a woman since maybe Madonna in the 80’s into the early 90’s. And it seems Swift somehow still appeals to the typical slightly-introverted teen personality types even though she’s been hugely popular for 15 years already😳 while Madonna was Voguing by 1990.
And one could argue that Madonna was chasing the huge success Cher had in the 60’s and 70’s. Cher has some staggering “stats” that until I looked just now I would never have guessed but I’m old enough to have watched Sonny and Cher as a kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT